Steven Adams Collector #12
Real Name
Kael
eBay User
swagculture
COMC User
Grindnation
Hi All,

I have a 8 man roto league (ESPN) with mates, I'm looking to see if theres room for improvement with my team (i'm very active check waivers/pick ups every day as my last position can be given up at anymore for me but currently just picked up Darren Collison who is the starting PG for Sac and over his first 2 games (playing today) he is averaging 37 MPG with redic states (15/8ass/6boards/4steals) 2 game sample ofc whilst only shooting 38%.

Here is my team currently :

PG Kyle Lowry, Tor PG Draft
SG Dwyane Wade, Mia SG Draft
SF Nicolas Batum, Por SF, SG Draft
PF Blake Griffin, LAC PF Draft
C Nerlens Noel, Phi C Draft
G Chris Paul, LAC PG Draft
F Jared Sullinger, Bos PF, C Draft
UTIL Derrick Favors, Uta PF, C Draft
UTIL Wesley Matthews, Por SG, SF Draft
UTIL Darren Collison, Sac PG Free Agency
Bench Al Horford, Atl C, PF Draft
Bench Marcin Gortat, Wsh C Draft
Bench Ricky Rubio, Min PG Free Agency

yes i picked up Ricky Rubio from waivers (hahaha).

Here is the top free agents currently.

Kevin Martin
Jeff Green
Brandon Jennings (i drafted him but i saw Ricky Rubio on the free agent list so i dropped him i think hes losing to many minutes to DJ atm plus he's coming back from his Achilles injury).
Isiah Thomas
Andrew Wiggins
J.R Smith
Giannis Antetokounmpo (had him but dropped him for Collison because hes not getting solid minutes from Jkidd atm only averaging 20mpg and with so many FA's available i feel he's someone i can let hang on the waivers for now if i see any upgrades/more mpg i will def pick up as he stuffs the sheets when hes turned up).
Victor Oladipo (injured)
Elfrid Payton
Josh Mcroberts
George Hill
Amir Johnson
Jordan Hill
Jose Calderon

as you can see so many guards are available and its not something i need, with the Lakers so depleted i think he (Jordan Hill) could be a good pick up but i once again do not need PF or C's.
I need SF (Green/Greek Freak & J.R are my go twos).

Let me know if you guys know any other sleeps i could potentially pick up at the SF position that im not seeing myself. (T Ross is def someone i have on my watch list as he's doing a big of everything).

Btw i got 4th pick (CP3/BG/Batum) were my top 3 picks.

You have one heck of a lineup, how many teams in your League?

My team currently looks like this;

Devin Harris
Iggy
Deng
Dirk
Hibbert
Terrence Ross
Gerald Green
Dwight
Donald Sloan
Wiggins
Lin

If there's any moves I'd make it's Ross & Green. They can produce, but struggle. If Sloan is available, he's worth a look, but it's hard who to say who to take out. Perhaps Matthews?

Greek Freak is good, but without those minutes, he's not worth a pickup. - Same with Iman Shumpert. Both these players reportedly will handle PG.

Iggy is the same, but he's probably giving me 5pts, 5rebs, 5asts with 1-3 steals, so for those alone, he's worth a quiet spot.

My team is:
Stephen Curry
Damian Lillard
Jamal Crawford
Jeff Green
Gordon Hayward
David West
Ryan Anderson
Joakim Noah
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Arron Afflalo
Isiah Thomas
Goran Dragic

I think Jeff Green and Isiah Thomas wouldn't be bad pick ups. I think Phoenix will have a good year this year and if they run with 3 guards all should get plenty of minutes.

If you can carry an injury Oladipo may not be a bad pick up either.

1. i really do not require another PG as i said i think im doing well at that spot.
I do require a SG who can shoot treys and 88+FT with at least 4 attempts. so im going to drop Noel and pick up Kmart after todays game if Noel does not get good minutes.
He played poorly last game and hence why the coach pulled him as he was not defending the paint as per ESPN's notes on his game.

After a few months into the season my teams a bit different.

I actually just got god dam Kawhi Leonard of waivers! (my mates cold blooded and if your not playing your not on his team) so thank you =).
As for his injury yes it could be more time before he comes back but with ESPN i only have 82 playing slots per position so im glad to take my time.

Here is my team below :

PG Kyle Lowry, Tor PG, SG
news_recent.png
Draft
SG Dwyane Wade, Mia SG
news_breaking.png
Draft
SF Tobias Harris, Orl PF, SF
news_breaking.png
Free Agency
PF Derrick Favors, Uta PF, C Draft
C Tyson Chandler, Dal C
news_breaking.png
Free Agency
G Wesley Matthews, Por SG, SF Draft
F Al Horford, Atl C, PF
news_breaking.png
Draft
UTIL Blake Griffin, LAC PF
news_recent.png
Draft
UTIL Nicolas Batum, Por SF, SG
news_breaking.png
Draft
UTIL Darren Collison, Sac PG Free Agency
Bench Chris Paul, LAC PG
news_breaking.png
Draft
Bench Marcin Gortat, Wsh C Draft
Bench Kawhi Leonard*, SA SF, SG O
news_breaking.png
Free Agency

Here are the top Free Agents available :

Jared Sullinger
Andrew Wiggins
Isaiah Thomas,
Giannis Antetokounmpo,
Lance Stephenson*,
Ricky Rubio*,
Shabazz Muhammad,
Nerlens Noel,
Patrick Beverley,
Kevin Martin*,
George Hill*,

* Shows they are currently injured

Remember this is only a 8 team league that includes the normal categorys except T/O's (everyone did not want TO's in the cat) and then we have added DD & TD (yes i know its insanely hard to catch but i have two this season (Cp3 getting his first as a Clipper and failing very close yesterday and also a few other times this season and 1 with Kyle Lowry).

I'm very good with rebounds atm (Chandler,Favors,Gortat,Griffin are my main 4 with my guards also being very good at picking up boards) but i am lacking in points (i am currently 1st place but have played more games that the majority) so im thinking of picking up both of Kmart & Rubio (Kmart for treys and FT% as im sure he will be back after a month and getting his usual looks and then Rubio for DD's and ofc assist)
This would mean i need to drop two people and the only two i believe i can drop are unfortunately Marcin Gortat ! hes playing all over the show and barely gets me a DD atm so i think moving forward i can def drop 1 BIGMAN from my rotation and if worst comes to worst i will in future pick up another one) and my 2nd option of a drop would most likely be Darren Collison (i do not like this but with Rubio im pretty much guaranteed a DD a night but lower % across the board).

I am smashing everyone in FG$,REBOUNDS,BLOCKS(funny enough),DD,POINTS currently and coming 2nd in Assist which i believe i will get in the long run.

What i am trying to do is pick up 2 guys for example like LMA & Klay Thompson and give up 4 men (etc Al Horford,Griffin,D Collinson,Batum(or Gortat) but no one is interested atm).
Simply because i will get 2 of their scrubs and drop them for Kmart & Rubio.

Anyone have thoughts or am i speaking to myself ? i wanted to post this in the Basketball forum but i saw that the correct place would be in the Fantasy forum.

Nice pickup on Kawhi!!! STEAL!

Wiggins is worth a pickup, I've had him all season, and he's taking form now that the Wolves are short-manned on the floor. Putting up 13.8ppg and has scored 20+ on 5/6 games recently. Getting plenty of shot opportunities.
He's filling steals, blocks, rebs & dimes too.

Sullinger is around 15ppg, I think, worth the pickup, but who to drop.

I actually just dropped Sullinger for Kawhi (i thought about Gortat but i figured he is more stable as a rotation within the Celtics atm is all over the show)
Imo Gortat > Sullinger (Fg%,Boards around the same but more blocks and imo a better management of time even thought they play around the same amount of minutes).

As for Wiggins i really do not think i could drop anyone for him as hes not guareenteed anything like Collison (starting PG with SAC) only reason i would drop him is if i can get a 20ppg guarantee which he cant give me atm.
Rather Kmart when he's back after like a month tbh fills Fg%,Ft% and treys with 18+ppg if he is healthy that is.

All comes down to team needs. Rubio and K-Mart a while away, if they return at all, Rubio's pretty mucked up, yeah? I did read that Martin was practising, but.

Im in a 14 team, 17 player keeper league (incredibly deep league - thats 238 active players) - we keep 10 players per team and carry them into the next season. We also have an off-season rookie draft (that is done manually). We have a forum set up for our league, which has been active for 10 years, though Im only in my second season of playing fantasy. I inherited this team 1 day before the 13/14 season started. Im currently winning the league and am undefeated (though have had two 4-4 draws).
We have a 9 cat league - PTS, REB, AST, BLK, STL, 3PM, FG%, FT% & TO.

PG. John Wall (k)
SG. Jamal Crawford
G. Jeremy Lin (k)
SF. LeBron James (k)
PF. Anthony Davis (k)
F. Pau Gasol (k)
C. DeAndre Jordan (k)

Util – Tyson Chandler (k)
Util – Tristan Thompson
Util – Amir Johnson
Util – Mario Chalmers (k)

Bn – Marco Belinelli
Bn – Marcus Smart
Bn - Mike Dunleavy
Bn – Draymond Green
Bn – Rodney Stuckey
Bn - Rasual Butler

the (k)'s represent the players I brought over from last season - as you can see I have traded 2 of them off already (there should be 10).

Bloody hell, no wonder you're undefeated! Wall, James, Davis, Gasol, Jordan & Chandler alone would be enough to win each week, minus the 3PM cat.

Johnson & Lin have been let downs lately, I too have Lin, and hoping he rebounds soon with Price out for LAL.

Im in a 14 team,
PG. John Wall (k)
SG. Jamal Crawford
G. Jeremy Lin (k)
SF. LeBron James (k)
PF. Anthony Davis (k)
F. Pau Gasol (k)
C. DeAndre Jordan (k)

That team is ridiculous.
Whoever traded for that team over the years that you inherited worked damn hard!

Im in a 16 team 1 year league and that team would kill anything we have in it.

yeah man, its a decent team! I had a rough week though, and went down 4-5 for my first loss of the season. No LeBron, and pretty poor weeks from basically every player aside from Pau (46 and 18!!), as well as the team I was facing had an outstanding week and most of his players went WAY above their average outputs. On paper I should have won this week 7-2. Anyway, not to worry, we're only half way through the season.

I have made some pretty decent pick ups this season, Draymond Green for example - I picked him up off the FA list in the first couple of weeks, and all of a sudden he went NUTS, and will likely be a keeper for me now. Jamal Crawford too...

Bloody hell, no wonder you're undefeated! Wall, James, Davis, Gasol, Jordan & Chandler alone would be enough to win each week, minus the 3PM cat.

Johnson & Lin have been let downs lately, I too have Lin, and hoping he rebounds soon with Price out for LAL.

Funny you should mention Lin/Price - Price had 12 assists today, I just placed a waiver on him (I have the 4th waiver, so hopefully I actually get to use it, as I have worked my way up from 14th waiver at the start of the season and missed some really good pick ups, like KCP). If I get Price, Lin may go on the trade block.
And Amir Johnson.... I have a love/hate relationship with that guy! He was on my team last season and after umming and aahing for ages in the off-season as to whether to keep him or Chalmers, I opted for Mario. Amir didnt quite make the cut.... then came the FA draft, and he was the best player on there, without even taking needs into account, so I begrudgingly grabbed him. So hot and cold! When he's on, hes great, but when he's off...

this is why I like keeper leagues - patience and foresight (and a bit of luck) is a serious advantage. Standard leagues dont really hold my interest and they seem a bit flippant, constantly dropping and picking up players based on 1 or 2 good/bad games (as Sidney Dean so elegantly put it.... "hey, sun even shines out a dog's ass some days").

I like the planning for the future side of it. It also makes rookies WAY more valuable than what they are in standard leagues, even if they are just there to take up a spot on the bench. You really think, with a team like that I'd have Marcus Smart if I didnt hold out some hope that he'll blossom into a decent player in 2 years or so? in a standard league he simply wouldnt make the cut.

With all this being said, my input into a thread like this (sleepers etc) will be pretty useless, as playing a keeper league, I have a different train of thought to guys playing standard leagues. Its a totally different game... as different as say, a 1 day cricket match vs a test match.

Lol i picked up Mo williams in my Yahoo fantasy team this morning just before the game tipped off because i needed some "assist" and 5-15 ppg player (i can drop 4 players a week) so i rotate my last 2 spots or spot depending on trends/games per week to help me acrue more stats in the 9 cat league, funny thing was he goes and drops 52 points 6 3p's & 7 dishes =).

In my Espn league i traded Blake Griffin for LMA (i wanted him > Blake simply because this is a DD/TD League (i know blakes got a slim chance of a TD but i'd take the risk as LMA basically gaurantees me a DD a game).

Blakes been on the verge of 3 or 4 Triple Doubles this season so far - only 2 dimes shy a handful of times. Its only a matter of time before he gets one, but you're right, LaMarcus does have a better chance.

What an awesome pickup for Mo Williams! I love it when you get lucky like that. and he even topped his usual assist output, and if you watched the game, he really should have had 3-4 more assists. Great crisp passing, and guys missing open shots/layups. Realistically should have had 52 and 10, but I guess you can say that for lots of players with missed shots.

truth! i summed it up that i have cp3 & kyle lowry (could get a TD today if he keeps it up vs Philly) so my TD (i have 3 this season cp3,lowry & the amazing underproforming Al Horford yesterday).
I figure if Blake gets close he will be pulled because they will either be ruining the other team that is my dream!.

You guys need to play deeper leagues!! haha
Playing teams full of all-stars.

I've had Mo on my team since Rubio went down, thats how valuable he is in a 16 team league.. there's just no-one else in FA to get.

Back
Top Bottom