NBA Betting for January 2006

Hey Carlos, Boo Minnesota!! I think they're in better form than the bucks and are GOOD VALUE for the win, but can't back against Bogey

Early bird bets

$4 on...
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - MINNESOTA T-WOLVES at MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Head To Head - MILWAUKEE BUCKS Line -1.5 1.91 4.00 101.68
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - ORLANDO MAGIC at LA CLIPPERS - Head To Head - LA CLIPPERS Line -5.5 1.91
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - SACRAMENTO KINGS at MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES - Head To Head - SACRAMENTO KINGS Line +7.5 1.91
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - DETROIT PISTONS at NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - Head To Head - DETROIT PISTONS Line -8.0 1.91
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - BOSTON CELTICS at ATLANTA HAWKS - Head To Head - ATLANTA HAWKS Line -2.5 1.91
25.42 Effective Price

$8 on...
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - MINNESOTA T-WOLVES at MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Head To Head - MILWAUKEE BUCKS Win 1.78 8.00 51.70
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - NEW YORK KNICKS at CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - Head To Head - CLEVELAND CAVALIERS Win 1.23
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - ORLANDO MAGIC at LA CLIPPERS - Head To Head - LA CLIPPERS Win 1.40
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - DETROIT PISTONS at NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - Head To Head - DETROIT PISTONS Win 1.24
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - BOSTON CELTICS at ATLANTA HAWKS - Head To Head - ATLANTA HAWKS Win 1.70
6.46 Effective Price

Can everyone include a running total with each of their betting posts(In your sig would be good.)

Doesn't have to be money won/lost, it would be better to have a running score of your tips you post eg. NBA BETTING: 4-2 (4 correct 2 incorrect) Remember a parlay/multi only counts as one - if it's lost it's LOST

So others have an idea of how your betting is going, and whether we should follow your tip.

From my 121 post..

Ok I'll stick to what I know.

Small to start but I'll work my way up once I know I can actually pick them.

My lock for the day is....

Al Harrington to score 25pts+ 2.50

And

Paul Pierce to score 29pts+ 2.30

Harrington is a bad matchup for the Celtics and scored 28 in the last meeting in Boston. Boston has woefull defence and will give up a lot of points today as usual. They can shut down role players and get wins but scorers will always find their shot. Harrington will like being home.

Last game in Boston PP dropped and got a lot of help from West and Big AL. As much as i love the two they are hardly consistent. Pierce always performs on the road and his avg's increase. I say we need at LEAST 29 from him today to be within 10pts at the end.

I'm only in for $10 on each as I'm using my head and instincts and I usually only win when backing jockeys or the color of a horse! LMAO

Don't break my knee caps if I'm wrong. Wink

More bets!! :D

I have landed 3 25/1 bets in my short NBA punting career. I don't expect to win them often(If 1 or more out of 24 hit, I'm ahead), Had about a dozen attempts so far(maybe less:rolleyes: ).... 3 from 12 doesn't sound good, but it is when taking $25 odds. =P~

Taking really short odds puts yourself under pressure to win just about all the time to stay ahead. But that said, it's all relative in the end I guess. eg If you took odds of @1.10, you could win 9 from 10 attempts and still be behind - same thing if you put it in a multi....

Here's another $5 donation to centrebet, I just started on these game scores too :roll:

$1 on
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - ORLANDO MAGIC at LA CLIPPERS - Game Total - Over 198.5 Win 1.90 1.00 336.20
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - NEW JERSEY NETS at SAN ANTONIO SPURS - Game Total - Over 185.5 Win 1.98
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - DETROIT PISTONS at NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - Game Total - Over 180.5 Win 1.90
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - HOUSTON ROCKETS at CHARLOTTE BOBCATS - Game Total - Over 180.5 Win 1.90
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - PHOENIX SUNS at DENVER NUGGETS - Game Total - Under 209.5 Win 1.90
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - BOSTON CELTICS at ATLANTA HAWKS - Game Total - Under 209.5 Win 1.87
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - MINNESOTA T-WOLVES at MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Game Total - Over 185.5 Win 1.90
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - NEW YORK KNICKS at CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - Game Total - Over 204.5 Win 1.90
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - SACRAMENTO KINGS at MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES - Game Total - Under 189.5 Win 1.93
336.19 Effective Price

$4 on...
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - NEW JERSEY NETS at SAN ANTONIO SPURS - Game Total - Over 185.5 Win 1.98 4.00 101.59
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - DETROIT PISTONS at NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - Game Total - Over 180.5 Win 1.90
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - HOUSTON ROCKETS at CHARLOTTE BOBCATS - Game Total - Over 180.5 Win 1.90
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - BOSTON CELTICS at ATLANTA HAWKS - Game Total - Under 209.5 Win 1.87
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - MINNESOTA T-WOLVES at MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Game Total - Over 185.5 Win 1.90
25.40 Effective Price

I'm trying something out... re chad's bets, he's quite certain that these two will hit over those marks. So what I did was, I parlayed Pierce and Al together with a Piston win.. and made 4 different bets:

Al and Pierce scoring mid (average) and Detroit to win. =pays $19.96
Al scoring average and Pierce scoring over + Detroit win. = $11.78
Al scoring over and Pierce average + Detroit win = $11.92
Al and Pierce scoring over + Detroit win = $7.01

Put $1 on each and you'll be AT LEAST $3.01 over. If you lose, then you only lose $4. How does this sound? (You can also parlay a Cavs win to up the payout)

Since he's usually spot on about most issues, $9 goes on Chad's advice)...
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - BOSTON CELTICS at ATLANTA HAWKS - Player Performance - A.Harrington (Hawks) - A.Harrington (Hawks) 25 Points Or Over Win 2.30 9.00 51.75
NBA Tuesday 10/1 - BOSTON CELTICS at ATLANTA HAWKS - Player Performance - P.Pierce (Celtics) - P.Pierce (Celtics) 29 Points Or Over Win 2.50
5.75 Effective Price

that will do me 4 2day!! LOL

AHH crap the pressure is on me now :roll:

I hope it comes thru for you guys. Chad is turning his mobile off, msn offline and changing emails if it doesn't. ;)

I placed a couple of bets today:

$1
Frye Most Points (out of a group of 5 players)
Detroit
Redd 28+

Payout $15.95

$2
Frye Most Points (out of a group of 5 players)
Detroit
Redd 24-27

Payout $54.69

So far Frye has 8 points at the start of the second quarter. Hope he keeps it up!!

Cheers
Matt

WHAT the HELL was Al doing the second half. I went out at half time and Pierce had 19pts and Al 14pts I think??

Damn put the brakes on or what? I thought it was a shoe in at the half. Oh well a rare win on the road and revenge for beating we took in beantown. So its all good.

EVEN bigger news is the knicks getting up and NO keeping up with the Pistons!

LOL. Your $10 was worth it chad. Celts win. :D

Damn Cavs. I now officially can curse good teams and make crap teams beat them.

I love this NBA betting!!!!:D

Just won $262 on the following:D

$5 on

Peja Most 3's (Peja 3-7 Vs Eddie Jones 1-2)
Frye Most Points (from a group of players)
Pierce 25-28 (Pierce 27 Points)

Payout 262.18

Woo Hoo!!!

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom