WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Just a sneak peak on something I'm working on.

Please don't pay a LOT of attention to some of the features, still early stages yet. I'm no graphic-genius, so it's reasonably plain and simple, IMO.

Any comments, or feedback/criticism welcomed.

Hopefully I'll have more to show you soon.

Cheers

4About.jpg

1Main.jpg

2Collection.jpg

3Card.jpg

5ImportChecklist.jpg

Thanks lads.

I'm just ironing out some of the code on the card scans side of things. I made a few changes the other night, and stuff up some other code, ha ha.

Next will be the reports side of things. And depending on what other things I can think of adding to it.

This is something I am keen for, when is this ready for us regular joes? Is there anything else on the market? You might have a monopoly.....:D

Thanks guys, for the encouraging words. :thumbsup:

Yeah there's another thread I started a while back on it, and another more recent (come to think of it, this one now makes 3, oops!!).

Basically, I got sick of using excel to do my cataloging of cards a few years back, and since I was trying to get into coding through work, I started doing this at home from time to time, for a bit more experience. -> I have an app at work I've put together for recording our IT tasks/calls (support stuff), and there's probably a million of those already out there, but it was the experience that drove me to write them.

It's intended to be a windows/pc platform (unsure if it would even work on Macs), and given my lack of (read, none) knowledge of phone app development, this'll remain that way, ha ha.

The app has a JET Database (read Microsoft Access), which is not required to be installed, to work. It's only required if you wanted to actually LOOK inside the DB. When ready, I'll be putting this out there for anyone keen on looking at it. I won't be looking to charge any fees, it'll be 100% free. Sure, I've spent a lot of hours on it, but it's all been for the joy of doing it, in hope that some day, someone will appreciate it for what it is, and get the same use out of it, as I have.

I havent considered any trade marks, or copy right on it, I don't see the point, nor need to.

There's probably a million other products out there, but like I said, I wanted the experience in doing something myself. It IS very basic, but at the end of the day, it gets the job done for me, so I hope it'll be of some use to others. I havent looked at making it into an online version or anything like that, I simply don't have the resources (servers, etc) to make this happen. Could be something I look at later on, perhaps.

This product has been under continual development, pretty much since day dot, and has never actually rendered a completely usable product.

With the exception of a few bits of things needing sorting out, it's starting to look like a usable product. Hence me showing some screens of it.

I won't know yet when it'll be ready for use, but hopefully it's not too far away. ;)

Looks good Scotty :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see a finished version.

Just out of curiosity, can you customise the fields you see? (ie - removing value, adding in another field like card type)

TBH Glenn, I had never thought of that. I guess it could be possible, I'd just need to work out how.

A while back, I had that field shown by default, but chose against showing it, and went with the "Limited" and "Value" Fields. There's probably room to show them all, I just want to keep the screens as small as possible, as it's a fixed size, and cannot be made larger/smaller on-the-fly.

I'll see what I can do. If it's popular, I'll def. put it back. I want something that's useful to all, :)

1. on the opening page you should have a link to your wantlist
2. In the status can you filter it? Just to show wants
3. Can you export it in any format - html, excel, txt - so when someone asks to see your wantlist

1. on the opening page you should have a link to your wantlist
2. In the status can you filter it? Just to show wants
3. Can you export it in any format - html, excel, txt - so when someone asks to see your wantlist

1 - Not hard, certainly worth doing.

2 - Yep

3 - Will incorporate with #1.

Thanks man, much appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom