My NBA Articles - Feedback Wanted

lukesicari

formerly DW8
Real Name
Luke
How ya'll doing?

Some of you might remember I used to write articles for my own blog like 2-3 years ago because my current goal in life is to become a sports journalist. Well that blog was getting my no where so I stopped.

Only a few weeks ago, a writing opportunity came from the facebook page NBA Talk 24/7, which has over 50k likes. They launched a blog/website and needed writers, I messaged them and luckily they wanted me! I am now writing articles for them but I want feedback on them, where I can improve, where I am doing well etc etc.

Check them out and let me know what you guys think! :)

http://nbatalk247.com/the-squad-2/luke-sicari/

Cheers,
Luke

Some good stuff there Luke. Def brave with your opinions and don't pull any punches. Even though I may not always agree, that is what makes the articles interesting - so that's a great thing.

A couple of spelling errors (not rare on the net - just check the major news sites) but other than that, can't wait to read more :thumbsup: Congrats on the gig mate - can see you being very successful.

Good stuff man, keep it up :thumbsup: Maybe ring up your local newspaper asking whether they need any articles done for the sport section or something :p

Some good stuff there Luke. Def brave with your opinions and don't pull any punches. Even though I may not always agree, that is what makes the articles interesting - so that's a great thing.

A couple of spelling errors (not rare on the net - just check the major news sites) but other than that, can't wait to read more :thumbsup: Congrats on the gig mate - can see you being very successful.

Cheers mate, I try to get to the point with my opinions and make it really clear. I think it makes the articles better to read and I think if someone doesn't agree with the opinion, it gets them more fired up which causes basketball debates, which I LOVE having.

Cheers for the spelling finds mate, I'll focus more on that on future articles now and proof read them more then once.

Cheers mate, I try to get to the point with my opinions and make it really clear. I think it makes the articles better to read and I think if someone doesn't agree with the opinion, it gets them more fired up which causes basketball debates, which I LOVE having.

Cheers for the spelling finds mate, I'll focus more on that on future articles now and proof read them more then once.

Agreed - love the strong opinions.

Where in Melbourne are you? Maybe hit up the Big V H.O. and ask to write for them or their overtime magazine... if not they'll put you in touch with some associations that would jump at the bits to get something better than "we played basketball. they fought hard. we lost 82-65" as the front page story on their website. shoot me an inbox if you need a contact, I'm pretty connected :thumbsup:

Here is my newest article if anyone wants to read. Feedback wanted please!

nbatalk247.com/2013/11/10/dion-waiters-is-the-next-big-thing/

Hey mate thought the article was pretty good. Just a little feedback, I think you said shooting guard way to many times.

Congratulations on getting one step closer to your dream.
I am far from perfect with expressing my views clearly on the internet but it looks like the first few words did not start it well for you.
My vague memory of English at school was that the start of your first article should have read "An absolute MASSIVE basketball fan" Rather than "A absolute MASSIVE basketball fan" ;)

Still a fun read and I am sure it is fantastic for you getting closer to living your dream :thumbsup:

Where in Melbourne are you? Maybe hit up the Big V H.O. and ask to write for them or their overtime magazine... if not they'll put you in touch with some associations that would jump at the bits to get something better than "we played basketball. they fought hard. we lost 82-65" as the front page story on their website. shoot me an inbox if you need a contact, I'm pretty connected :thumbsup:

Greenvale man, near the airport. I might send you a PM now ;)

Congratulations on getting one step closer to your dream.
I am far from perfect with expressing my views clearly on the internet but it looks like the first few words did not start it well for you.
My vague memory of English at school was that the start of your first article should have read "An absolute MASSIVE basketball fan" Rather than "A absolute MASSIVE basketball fan" ;)

Still a fun read and I am sure it is fantastic for you getting closer to living your dream :thumbsup:

Ahhh stupid mistake on my behalf! Thanks for pointing it out man ;)

NIce work. Good read. Nut as someone has pointed out, lots of little speeling and gramatical errors.

"A" instead of "An"
He's instead of His
touch instead of torch (or was it supposed to be touch?)

THings that Word spelling won't pick up.

NIce work. Good read. Nut as someone has pointed out, lots of little speeling and gramatical errors.

"A" instead of "An"
He's instead of His
touch instead of torch (or was it supposed to be touch?)

THings that Word spelling won't pick up.
love it!

Loved the piece on the NBL. I agree with everything you said and it echoes everything I tell people about why the NBL is sh*t.

The NBL needs a management and marketing overhaul.

Start with grass roots marketing campaigns, radio/tv morning show spots.. There's not a lot of money in the NBL's back pocket to go into marketing, but there is a hundred different avenues with which to make contact with people that are low cost.

THere's no money in NBL because there's no sponsors.. they don't see the viability in the sport because its been mismanaged for so long.

Here's hoping the entry of Exum and Simmons into the NBA can spark new-found life into the aussie basketball scene.

Good luck with it all!

However as I loved reading the articles, dont u think ur readers will think there is a bery strong bias toward cavalier players? I think that maybe readers may be put offby the fact that u r praising the two cavs players so much? Anyway still a great read!

Back
Top Bottom