My Miami Heat Experience Part 3 (Grand Finale)

Aronzo33

Miami Heat Fan. Zo and Birdman
Real Name
Aaron
COMC User
MiamiHeatFanatic
Hi All Happy New Year!

I think my last mailday was last year in July when I posted part 2 :crazy::crazy: I've just been so busy but still collecting in the background. Well here it is it took a year to finally post this haha timely too because it was the anniversary a few days ago when I traveled to the US and watched my first NBA game and had the incredible opportunity to meet the team.

I was so fortunate that I got to watch Wade, Bosh and Birdman in a Miami Heat uniform before they were all traded away or injured. Heat this season just isn't the same without any of those guys.

Since my last mailday of Birdman there has been very little product around featuring him, I'm still chasing his elusive logoman if anyone has a clue who is stashing one. So in his absence I've focused my funds on Flash!

Anyway wait till the end there's some surprises :D

I've accumulated ALOT of product but I won't bore you, here are my favorites.

Two of the former co-Captains coming up!

Let's start with some Bosh Spice!

0.JPG

Jersey Numbered 1/35
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Looks like the letter M from Miami on the front of his jersey
4.JPG

Looks like the tail of the flame
5.JPG

2 sigs on the one card! Don't see that often
6.JPG

I love Panini Noir
7.JPG

My fave Bosh card, clean, everything stands out and it's jersey numbered! 1/3
8.JPG

Ok now onto some D-Wade goodness!

1.JPG

This card is about double the size of a normal card, has the jersey piece of number 3 signed.
3.JPG

4.JPG

1/5
5.JPG

Had to grab a few of his rookie autos, his signature has completely changed now
6.JPG

Huge juicy patch looks like from his jersey number
7.JPG

A piece from his Christmas Day jersey 1/8
8.JPG

A piece from his NBA Finals jersey
9.JPG

I love this design 1/10
10.JPG

1/10
11.JPG

Jersey Numbered 3/25
12.JPG

Wade in the Home Strong themed jersey
13.JPG

14.JPG

1/5
15.JPG

Ok now the final 3 Wade cards.

These are my top 3 fave cards of Flash!

There's a quick story behind this next card. I bought it of ebay about 6 months ago, in short the card never turned up and I was devastated, I really wanted to add it to my collection. I waited for months hoping it was just late and it never showed. Then a few weeks before Christmas it showed up...
Merry Christmas to me! :woot::woot::woot:

2/2

16.JPG

I think I paid way more than I wanted but I figured I may never own a Wade logoman so this was the next best thing. I'm pretty sure @Mico was bidding up with me on this one!

Jersey Numbered 3/3
17.JPG

To be honest I thought I wouldn't own a Wade logoman, but he moved to Chicago and I figured if any logomans come out it will be of him in a Bulls jersey and I definitely didn't want that! So I said to myself what the hell I'm going all out...
D-Wade logoman 1/3
18.JPG

Ok so there is a significance for the next card which I had to get.

I wanted to have this card with both Wade and Bosh's signatures on the same card because...
DSC06726.JPG

...I got to meet them both!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

2 time NBA Champion Mr Chris Bosh
Bosh.JPG

And of course, how we wish Miami did the right thing and kept this guy...very sad to see him go BUT at least I got to see him play in and meet him as a Heat player! Future HOFer and 3x NBA Champion.....
FLASH aka DWYANE WADE!!!
Wade.JPG

And of course from Part 2 I shared my story with Chris Andersen my PC!
Birdman.JPG

Like most of you guys, I was hooked into the NBA since the early 1990's, 25 or so years later I finally got to watch an NBA game in the flesh and meet my favourite team and all these incredible players I've been watching since they were all rookies from my home on TV or my laptop. haha hear me ramble sorry still feels like it was all just a dream!

Who ever thought I could collect all these cards and say hey I met all these guys and had a conversation with them...stories I can share with my kids and grand kids one day.

DSC06747.JPG

6.JPG

DSC01539.JPG

DSC03136.JPG

DSC05636.JPG

P2.JPG

If you lasted this far THANK YOU! Hope you enjoyed the cards and sharing in my experience!

Last edited:
Great read and an even better story. My kids will be asking me why do you hoard so much cardboard? lol

Top notch cards too btw, looks like after your meeting of a lifetime you've gone in all guns blazing on the PC! Top stuff! 1

Thanks all!

Great read and an even better story. My kids will be asking me why do you hoard so much cardboard? lol

Top notch cards too btw, looks like after your meeting of a lifetime you've gone in all guns blazing on the PC! Top stuff! 1
Cheers Dwayne. My fiance and son understand my addiction they know it makes me happy haha Yes after meeting the guys I noticed I've been going in gun blazing too I guess its the feeling that I connected and the opportunity to engage with them will up the ante I say haha

That was not a thread, that SIR, was a roller coaster ride.
I am in awe of the classic cardboard you posted up there.
I think those photos topped it off nicely, maybe one day I will get the classic pic of me and Nique together.
Thanks Mark. I am sure Nique will make a trip to Australia one day, he's such an icon for the NBA, I'm surprised no one has brought him to Australia for speaking tours, he would have so many amazing stories to share. One day Mark it'll happen!

That is sensational........love the cards, but meeting them would have been a thrill!
Matt it happened a year ago but I can still remember everything like it happened yesterday. I don't often turn into a wide eyed star struck kid I certainly did that day :D

Ha ha yeah i was @Aronzo33! Glad it went to you though!

Epic mailday. Love the wage logoman :hearts:

By the way, i'm selling these wades if you are interested :whistle:

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/MicoIV/library/For Sale?sort=6&page=1

Let me know, happy to sell them as a lot :)

I may be interested in the Wade Immaculate and the Ray Allen patch? PM the cost :)

Cardboard And story combined make a great read. Well done man some great pick ups.
Thanks Dylan, hows it all going with the Ennis collection? I think I saw someone on ebay selling a game worn jersey but that was in December I think? Did you see that?

Amazing thread, looks like you have had a lot fun as well. So many great cards. =D>=D>=D>
Cheers Yoshi! Fun and expensive haha!

Damn I don't even know where to start!

Barely 3 weeks into the year and this has got to be one of the best mail day posts of the year!

Looks like you had an amazing time mate. If I really have to pick , I would say I like those Noir tags the most!

I'd say it's a tab bit early to say I'm pretty sure there will be some crazy cardboard coming out from collectors here but cheers all the same Michael! Appreciate the cardboard love! :hearts:

Thanks Adam! I was a true fanboy haha I'm planning to one day make a trip to Miami and hopefully tee up a meet with my all time favorite player Alonzo Mourning since he works with the Heat. I met Wade, Bosh and Birdman when they were on the road and played the Warriors at Oracle Arena.

Hi All Happy New Year!

I think my last mailday was last year in July when I posted part 2 :crazy::crazy: I've just been so busy but still collecting in the background. Well here it is it took a year to finally post this haha timely too because it was the anniversary a few days ago when I traveled to the US and watched my first NBA game and had the incredible opportunity to meet the team.

I was so fortunate that I got to watch Wade, Bosh and Birdman in a Miami Heat uniform before they were all traded away or injured. Heat this season just isn't the same without any of those guys.

Since my last mailday of Birdman there has been very little product around featuring him, I'm still chasing his elusive logoman if anyone has a clue who is stashing one. So in his absence I've focused my funds on Flash!

Anyway wait till the end there's some surprises :D

I've accumulated ALOT of product but I won't bore you, here are my favorites.

Two of the former co-Captains coming up!

Let's start with some Bosh Spice!

0.JPG

Jersey Numbered 1/35
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Looks like the letter M from Miami on the front of his jersey
4.JPG

Looks like the tail of the flame
5.JPG

2 sigs on the one card! Don't see that often
6.JPG

I love Panini Noir
7.JPG

My fave Bosh card, clean, everything stands out and it's jersey numbered! 1/3
8.JPG

Ok now onto some D-Wade goodness!

1.JPG

This card is about double the size of a normal card, has the jersey piece of number 3 signed.
3.JPG

4.JPG

1/5
5.JPG

Had to grab a few of his rookie autos, his signature has completely changed now
6.JPG

Huge juicy patch looks like from his jersey number
7.JPG

A piece from his Christmas Day jersey 1/8
8.JPG

A piece from his NBA Finals jersey
9.JPG

I love this design 1/10
10.JPG

1/10
11.JPG

Jersey Numbered 3/25
12.JPG

Wade in the Home Strong themed jersey
13.JPG

14.JPG

1/5
15.JPG

Ok now the final 3 Wade cards.

These are my top 3 fave cards of Flash!

There's a quick story behind this next card. I bought it of ebay about 6 months ago, in short the card never turned up and I was devastated, I really wanted to add it to my collection. I waited for months hoping it was just late and it never showed. Then a few weeks before Christmas it showed up...
Merry Christmas to me! :woot::woot::woot:

2/2

16.JPG

I think I paid way more than I wanted but I figured I may never own a Wade logoman so this was the next best thing. I'm pretty sure @Mico was bidding up with me on this one!

Jersey Numbered 3/3
17.JPG

To be honest I thought I wouldn't own a Wade logoman, but he moved to Chicago and I figured if any logomans come out it will be of him in a Bulls jersey and I definitely didn't want that! So I said to myself what the hell I'm going all out...
D-Wade logoman 1/3
18.JPG

Ok so there is a significance for the next card which I had to get.

I wanted to have this card with both Wade and Bosh's signatures on the same card because...
DSC06726.JPG

...I got to meet them both!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

2 time NBA Champion Mr Chris Bosh
Bosh.JPG

And of course, how we wish Miami did the right thing and kept this guy...very sad to see him go BUT at least I got to see him play in and meet him as a Heat player! Future HOFer and 3x NBA Champion.....
FLASH aka DWYANE WADE!!!
Wade.JPG

And of course from Part 2 I shared my story with Chris Andersen my PC!
Birdman.JPG

Like most of you guys, I was hooked into the NBA since the early 1990's, 25 or so years later I finally got to watch an NBA game in the flesh and meet my favourite team and all these incredible players I've been watching since they were all rookies from my home on TV or my laptop. haha hear me ramble sorry still feels like it was all just a dream!

Who ever thought I could collect all these cards and say hey I met all these guys and had a conversation with them...stories I can share with my kids and grand kids one day.

DSC06747.JPG

6.JPG

DSC01539.JPG

DSC03136.JPG

DSC05636.JPG

P2.JPG

If you lasted this far THANK YOU! Hope you enjoyed the cards and sharing in my experience!
some f...king nasty cards mate !!!!

Back
Top Bottom