My Miami Heat Experience Part 2 (hint: my PC)

Aronzo33

Miami Heat Fan. Zo and Birdman
Real Name
Aaron
COMC User
MiamiHeatFanatic
Sorry guys for taking ages, part 1 was posted 23 May, just a super quick revisit! So I attended my first NBA game back in February at Oracle Arena, I planned it when the Heat was visiting the Warriors (I have family in Oakland Cali). My ticket was literally just behind the Heat bench and I had made contact with the organisation months prior and was incredibly lucky that they responded and set up a meet and greet for me after the game!

Part 1 I posted my meet with Amar'e Stoudemire. But the most incredible experience of my life was meeting my PC, well actually there's two of them (Zo!) but I still can't believe I got to meet just ONE!!

When I got to my seat I'll be honest, I had absolutely no idea if Chris Andersen was going to even be at Oracle Arena because he wasn't even listed as active on the roster for most of the season even at home games, I'm guessing because the Heat were wanting to give opportunities to some of the younger players like Hassan Whiteside and Justise Winslow and planned to trade him (which they did :cry::cry::cry:).

So can you imagine how big my eyes got and how dumb I must have looked when out comes Birdman!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

email2.JPG

I was just absolutely dumbfounded, there he was the BIRD right in front of me, couldn't believe it :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

IMG_1891.JPG

After the game I was brought through the players tunnel and was asked to wait just outside the Miami Heat locker room. Players were walking out, I saw rookie Winslow, Tyler, number 1 draft pick Stoudemire even coach Spo (he didn't look like he was in a good mood since Heat lost).

I was nervous as hell, didn't know what to expect or how to feel, I was literally saying to myself this must be a dream it can't be real. And then out comes Andersen, brought over to me and he put out his hand out to shake mine and I left him hanging hahaha I was like, "umm your Birdman" haha long story short he was super cool, really down to earth, he signed a few snapbacks for me, took photos and I asked if he could do a video message for my fiance and son back home which he did and it's hilarious, typical BIRD!

I even gave him a special present of a wood carving of the Bird of Paradise from Papua New Guinea and he was surprised and said, "If I had known you were giving me a present I would have organised something for you" At the time I was so caught up in the moment I didn't care but looking back I could have asked for his game jersey or sneakers I reckon he would have given them to me too if I had asked, ah well that's not even important, I GOT TO MEET BIRDMAN!!!

So anyway I haven't posted a Birdman mailday in wow like since last year I think. So my collection has ballooned since, so here's just a small collection of the more recent ones this year and my favorites. Stay back for the end though :D

Something a little different, McFarlane NBA, I have the home and away figures.
index.jpg

2014 NBA Finals game worn
DSC06330.JPG

Some Spectra goodness, kinda regret I didn't go for the platinum 1/1 to complete the rainbow
Spectra Birdman.jpg

One of my favorite team concept and design incorporating most of the players, it's so cool!
DSC04871.JPG

One of One just under the words 'Black Box'
DSC00717.JPG

Jersey numbered 11/25
Select Birdman.jpg

I really like the simple and artistic look of Noir's, I haven't seen a single one of these around other than this.
DSC00388_zps08rgzgnr.jpg

Love Immaculate
DSC00396_zpsq2hmt43p.jpg

Ok so now we're squaring down to some of my favourite lots. Have to say thanks to @shawnkemp40 for helping me out with one of these, he saw it on another site and knew I was a Birdman fan and even went out of his way to buy it for me to make sure no one else got it, now if that doesn't reflect how awesome Dylan is as a person and fellow collector I don't know what does!! So Dylan THANK YOU!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So I have 1,2 and 3 if anyone see's 4 and 5 please let me know I would appreciate it!
DSC00830.JPG

Anything with Andersen's nickname 'Bird' inscribed is pretty special the silver card is a 1/1. I have seen a 1 of 1 logoman with 'BirdZilla' inscribed, which sold for something crazy, like a down payment on a car :crazy:
4.JPG

Ok now down to probably my top 3 Birdman cards....

Number 3!

Not quite a logoman but like I said I'm just loving Noir's design.
DSC00704.JPG

Now to number 2!

Probably the closest I have come to a traditional logoman (again not quite the actual patch more the tag) but this one has his auto too.
DSC00705_zpshcij6mog.jpg

And I guess my number ONE Birdman card again isn't quite a logoman either and it's not a 1/1 but it may as well be and I actually prefer this over the logoman. Why?
Because it's the Miami Heat logo! Can't get any better than that! Well most of it anyway :woot::woot::woot::woot:
DSC01704.JPG

And to cap it all off, if you've even made it this far down, sorry if I've bored you...
Yes I got to meet my PC, the one the only...
BirdZilla, now he's calling himself Grizzla!
Wake me up it's Birdmann!
1.JPG

Gave him a special wood carving of the Bird of Paradise from PNG, he was really surprised, maybe he has it displayed somewhere in his home :)
IMG_2072.JPG

Got a few Miami Heat snapbacks signed
a.JPG

Huge signature with 'BIRD' :eek:

The other snapbacks has Andersen, Wade and Bosh signatures...yes I met them too that's for Part 3 :D
Birdman Snapbacks.jpg

One last surprise...
Birdman game worn Christmas Day jersey from NBA.com :)
Birdman Game Worn Jersey OZCT.jpg

Whew that took a while, thanks for looking guys!

So good Aaron, I read this over and again and feel like I was there too! If it's exciting to read, then I can only imagine just how cool it was for you!! Awesome cards, pics, story...just everything in this is awesome!! Congrats again..BTW very nice jersey too!!

I love seeing stories like this.....people getting to met their idols and them turning out to be great people!

Nice cards too!

Excellent Birdman mailday already, also get to meet Birdman himself awesome experience!! Thanks for sharing the story, great to read.

Sickest mailday of 2016!

Love the Finals game worn cards, Bit of NBA history right in your hands there. Teh Spectra is a real nice design because it looks like the background is a bird spreading its wings! 1/1s, jersey numbered, sick tags all over the place... Personally signed lids and a game worn jersey takes the cake though.

Meeting him in person is really impressive, I've met some guys like Orlando Woolridge and Calvin Murphy are they're really cool and down to earth. Met Artis Gilmore and he ain't cool at all... I guess what I'm saying is, it;s great to meet yoru PC guy and know he's a nice bloke too. How did you go teeing that meet n greet up? Might have to try that if I ever get to Pelicans game and Q-Pon is in the house!

Love the story, Love the cardboard and love the game worn Jersey! so happy for you getting to meet your man, and the fact the he was really cool means you will never be able to stop spending coin on that PC:woot:!

Hey guys meeting Birdman was surreal and even though he puts on the tough guy look in all his photos and interviews that's just a persona he puts on, in real life he was really engaging, he smiled a lot and we cracked a few jokes. Appreciate all the kudos and kind words, I really hope all you guys get to meet your PC I promise you it will be absolutely surreal! :)

Really enjoyed the amazing write-up. What an experience!! Love the pickups and I'm sure Birdman has your thoughtful gift displayed in his 'bird house'! :D:D

That would have been a cool experience to meet one of your favorite players

And hands down one of the coolest Birdman PCs out there.

Thanks gents! Just like @penny collector said, once you meet these guys in person you go even harder in collecting them! I only had a few cards of Wade and Bosh, I think I've gone a little overboard after meeting them since :sick: that's in part 3!

Really enjoyed the amazing write-up. What an experience!! Love the pickups and I'm sure Birdman has your thoughtful gift displayed in his 'bird house'! :D:D
haha that's what I'd like to believe Ray! Andersen had a very grateful look on his face when I gave the gift to him. I said "This is hand carved and in PNG the national emblem is the bird of paradise a species unique to the country' he was really appreciative and said if he had known he was getting a gift he would have brought something for me. Very cool guy :)

That would have been a cool experience to meet one of your favorite players

And hands down one of the coolest Birdman PCs out there.
Cheers Michael, there are a few other hardcore Birdman collectors out there, I've lost out on 3-4 Birdman logomans because some collectors were forking out silly money for them. I just need a logoman to top my collection...one day :D

Back
Top Bottom