My day in Melbourne

thepurplegothicchicken

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Amanda
eBay User
thepurplegothicchicken
Shihad & myself went to Melbourne for his day off work, and we ended up buying some loose packets of cards from CardZone.

I won't go into what he bought & got.. that's his story to tell.... But I will show what I pulled, not much, but I'm freaked out by it....

I bought a few different packets just to have a looksie at what the cards were like, and in case I pulled something I wanted.

I remember buying a pack of UD Black Diamond, Fleer Genuine, UD SP Authentic, 05/06 Topps Chrome and Topps Bazooka.

I didn't pull much, but Shihad wanted a few more packs so I walked back up to CardZone and got him what he wanted. I had $7 change and decided to buy another pack of Fleer Genuine. This is what I got from that SINGLE packet:

IMAGE0111.jpg
IMAGE0108.jpg

I would of died if they were both jersey cards... But two inserts in the one pack?! I'm pretty happy with that result. When I looked at the packet I thought to myself "oh yeah, it has 5 cards per pack... its way bigger than the packs with 6 cards per pack... I think I might have something!!"
As egotistical as that sounds, I knew a 5 card packet would be slightly lighter & thinner than a 6 card packet.....

Later on in the day I ended up buying the last 3 packs of Fleer Genuine just to try my luck out.. This is what I pulled....

IMAGE0110.jpg
<<< anyone got any idea who the hell this would of been? We have looked and looked through different Beckett's and cannot find it anywhere! Also this... When I saw the edge of this card I thought I pulled a great error card...... but it turned out to be....

IMAGE0109.jpg

I also bought a pack of this years Sage Autographic in case I pulled a Bogut muahahahaha. No such luck though....
IMAGE0112.jpg

Redemption Card Rookie card #129....?
Anyone got a checklist? Or a beckett that lists that card?
Dont have mine on me.

Well done on the pulls! Is that "on the up" a die-cut? looks sic!!!!

Cardzone are biggest ripoffs ive ever seen. I went there when i first got back into collecting and i remember paying nearly double for a box, i cant remember what is was but they were half the price on ebay.

scottsophie said:
Cardzone are biggest ripoffs ive ever seen. I went there when i first got back into collecting and i remember paying nearly double for a box, i cant remember what is was but they were half the price on ebay.

They had a box of 05/06 Bazooka for $120 a few weeks ago when i was in there LOL...theyre are expensive for cards, but well priced for supplies and what not i have found :)

What I've found weird is this...

We have pulled numerous decent cards from loose packets almost every time we go there. That's where Josh pulled that Fleer Ultra Top 10 #'ed 2/10.

One day we went earlier this year or last year, I bought 3 packs of Fleer Ultra. I pulled a LeBron Scoring Kings insert. I went back later and grabbed 4 more loose packs, and ended up pulling my first Shaq jersey (Scoring Kings)... to top it off... it was his yellow one too!!

I can't complain about their prices though. Might be expensive, but we seem to always get something decent. Just wait til Josh gets home and puts up what he pulled yesterday... He almost fell off his chair :D

The only loose packs we can buy up this way (near Shepparton) and UD's Slam! (which is the biggest rip off I have ever seen!!), ESPN and some other UD product.

Thats why we go nuts over boxes on eBay as most of you would have seen.

Its the same here in bendigo, cept we cant even get ESPN...Slam! is the only thing sold in shops around here and they suck! :( (altho in my first packet i did pull a jersey card, even tho it was Kurt Thomas)

So i buy everything off ebay now..or order in from the states

Sounds like we all get the same stuff im from Warrnambool in Vic and all we get from 05/06 is UD Slam, Upper Deck and UD ESPN and Hoops which i dont mind as there fairly cheap and have 1 auto per box, unfortunatly the only reason i got them was the chance of maybe pulling a good auto but when i saw the checklist the autos were all low end players.

it bloody sucks because bidding against people isnt fun.

one thing id like to know though is when you see an item and its BIN is $89.95...
how do you make money out of it if you have the same product at a starting bid of $0.01 and it only ends up reaching $50-$65?

If you're making money with the bidding system still, why not lower the BIN price a few $ to attract more buyers for the BIN? We rarely ever use BIN for boxes unless it's a bargin, which is rarely ever.

Back
Top Bottom