Moron Buyers From Overseas...

DGCollectables

https://www.dgcollectables.com.au/
Real Name
Gary
eBay User
DGCollectables
Hi guys,
I was selling a Tomb Raider game for the xbox 360 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280129895373&sspagename=ADME:B:RTQ:AU:1 , and some Canadian person buys it and pays for it. Being a nice person i asked her after i received payment whether her console can support PAL games and she immediately asked to reneg on the deal as she has an NTSC version of the xbox. I offered to refund about 90-95% of her payment because of relisting fees via an email i sent to her on 2 July 2007. And i got this email from her this morning:

>From: Miss Mel <[email protected]>
>To: <[email protected]>
>Subject: wheres my money
>Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:59:04 -0400
>
>
>
>
>I'm still waiting on my refund... you said you would pay me back 40$ and keep the rest for your fees... idc i just want my 40$... its been almost a week now and still no response from you.. I dont want to leave feedback but if i have to I will leave some pretty nasty feedback... you got 48 hours to pay me back, if i dont see my money by friday it wont be pretty.
>_________________________________________________________________
>Soyez parmi les premiers à essayer Windows Live Mail.
>http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d

And here is my response:

Hi Mel,
The reason why i haven't refunded the $40 back was because i was waiting on your response regarding it. With your threatening email i get the message now. So i will refund your $40 when i get home. Look, i wrote in the auction stating that it was a PAL xbox 360 game. And i even messaged you after payment to indicate this. And i emailed you again (dated 2 July 2007) offering to refund the majority of your payment and you start threatening me with negative feedback? I don't think thats the best way to go about things. As i said i will sort this out when i get home.
Gary

What a SLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Hi guys,
I was selling a Tomb Raider game for the xbox 360 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280129895373&sspagename=ADME:B:RTQ:AU:1 , and some Canadian person buys it and pays for it. Being a nice person i asked her after i received payment whether her console can support PAL games and she immediately asked to reneg on the deal as she has an NTSC version of the xbox. I offered to refund about 90-95% of her payment because of relisting fees via an email i sent to her on 2 July 2007. And i got this email from her this morning:

>From: Miss Mel <[email protected]>
>To: <[email protected]>
>Subject: wheres my money
>Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:59:04 -0400
>
>
>
>
>I'm still waiting on my refund... you said you would pay me back 40$ and keep the rest for your fees... idc i just want my 40$... its been almost a week now and still no response from you.. I dont want to leave feedback but if i have to I will leave some pretty nasty feedback... you got 48 hours to pay me back, if i dont see my money by friday it wont be pretty.
>_________________________________________________________________
>Soyez parmi les premiers à essayer Windows Live Mail.
>http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d

And here is my response:

Hi Mel,
The reason why i haven't refunded the $40 back was because i was waiting on your response regarding it. With your threatening email i get the message now. So i will refund your $40 when i get home. Look, i wrote in the auction stating that it was a PAL xbox 360 game. And i even messaged you after payment to indicate this. And i emailed you again (dated 2 July 2007) offering to refund the majority of your payment and you start threatening me with negative feedback? I don't think thats the best way to go about things. As i said i will sort this out when i get home.
Gary

What a SLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I especially like where you put this in the e-mail to her ;) hahaha

Some people are morons...I've dealt with some great ones, but then there are the ones that don't pay for a card they won for $0.50 or the ones that refuse to contact you to confirm a total so you can pay, and finally, the ones that tell you an option for payment, then when asked anything about it or about others, they come back with 'in the interest of keeping things simple, thanks for your interest but please do not bid'....Right....

Very well handled I think....I seem to be having a lot of trouble with Canadian buyers at the moment as well. They all want to send Money Orders when my listings clearly state Paypal Only.

But they sure do love their Ice Hockey!!! And often they prefer to buy from an Australian seller rather than a US one!!!

they are out I'm afraid Gary.

at least she isn't a total slag (yet) and left shotgun neg feedback like i've experienced in the past.

I had one today "Why are you charging me insurance", well, he's a US buiyer paying with Paypal, and as I pointed out it's still cheaper than the $14 a card they charge me!

Double standards!

I have a good seller story i though i'd chime in with:

Seller quoted me $20US shipping for a hat before auction end. I won. Asked him to send invoice with the note "please check price for postage as this seems steep". I pay for the $20 postage because he put it in the invoice. Get email 2 days after i have paid - "It only cost me $4.50 to post, what do you think is a fair refund". I write back saying "Make it $8US and i'd be fine with that". Today I get an email from Paypal - "Seller has sent you $12!"

Good fella! Could have been dishonest and scammed me, especially since i was prepared to pay that but he didn't.

Just a good news story to brighten up the thread :)

Mark.

i wouldnt even bother refudning the money Gary, if they are that stupid they cant read an auction, send them the gamethat wont work and let them deal with it!

I have a good seller story i though i'd chime in with:

Seller quoted me $20US shipping for a hat before auction end. I won. Asked him to send invoice with the note "please check price for postage as this seems steep". I pay for the $20 postage because he put it in the invoice. Get email 2 days after i have paid - "It only cost me $4.50 to post, what do you think is a fair refund". I write back saying "Make it $8US and i'd be fine with that". Today I get an email from Paypal - "Seller has sent you $12!"

Good fella! Could have been dishonest and scammed me, especially since i was prepared to pay that but he didn't.

Just a good news story to brighten up the thread :)

Mark.

That is a good story ! Nice to read ones like that :)

they couldnt charge back for item not described though, if you sent it trackable they'd have no claim but you probably dont want a neg hey

Back
Top Bottom