Marvel 70th Anniversary Card Set

No I dont yet. Just changed telco provider, so no internet at home at the moment and the work computer doesnt let me do it.

Give me a few days and I will have them up. (It will only be the four in the Iron Man 2 box break thread though).

I haven't appreciated any of the Marvel cards since the 1994 Masterpiece series.

The artwork since looks rushed and amature IMO.

1994 is where it's at, although I may be biased as i own 2 complete sets :whistle:

marvel-masterpiece94.jpg

marvel-masterpieces-1994-promo-card-sheet-b.jpg

Marvel%20Masterpieces%201994%20Silver%20Foil%20Set.jpg

What an absolutely sensational set that was!!
Thanks for the link.

I bought a box of: Boris & Julie - "Images of Josephine" a few months back (see:Images of Josephine Trading Card Box - eBay, Other, Trading Cards, Collectibles. (end time 28-Jun-10 20:45:03 AEST)).
Mostly the set is photo's of one of their favourite models (who has the kind of athletic yet full figure that they give the female characters on their cards) plus some other cards that have artwork etc.

Unfortunately, I did not know just how much of the model was going to be shown (if you know what I mean). After opening one packet (of the 30 in the box) I realised that this is probably not the sort of cards that the wife would appreciate me having around!!
As a result, the box (29 sealed and one opened pack!!) has been sitting in a carton with a bunch of other neglected things for a month or two now!!
Might have to do a sale thread for that and some other non-sport sets, boxes, inserts etc that I would like to move along. :)

Well if you or anyone else would like them. I would do them for $35 including delivery.

Just PM me. I will throw in a few other similar themed "MA15+" type cards / open packs as a bonus!!

I call it "Chris' super awesome (getting rid of all the evidence) sale!!!!"

Duck and weave, focus on head movement and circle away from her power hand!!

Mate, u are not going to believe this, box arrived this morning, got set at the table and opened the remaining packets from 'Images of Josephine', quite tasteful actually, they only show upstairs, no downstairs if u know what I mean. Anyway, all opened and got them sorted by number to build the 72 card base set and what happens then, my daughter sits down with her lunch and a glass of coke, knocks the coke everywhere and scores a direct hit on half of the cards..............:(..............the cards are made on 24pt paper with a rough edge, they soaked the coke like a sponge and and started lifting the glossy top and bottom of the card.

For the 30 odd minutes I got to look at them they looked OK.............lol

No way :(

I sent them via express, which I thought would be a nice 'suprise' to get them today!
Rotten luck though!

Hopefully you can salvage enough cards to still make up a set.

Does the set have any insert cards?
Did you get any inserts/auto's??

If you got any auto's then I get first dibs if you are going to sell them!!!

No way :(

I sent them via express, which I thought would be a nice 'suprise' to get them today!
Rotten luck though!

Hopefully you can salvage enough cards to still make up a set.

Does the set have any insert cards?
Did you get any inserts/auto's??

If you got any auto's then I get first dibs if you are going to sell them!!!

Got a base set made thank god................lol, only two inserts and they were the omnicrome inserts or whatever they are called, can get the rest of US ebay for 1.00 dollar each............no auto's, now that would have been nice.

I am glad that you got a base set at least.
I can imagine that the auto's were inserted at a pretty rediculous ratio, would have been super lucky to pull one!

Back
Top Bottom