Major fuckup: MyMallBox declared $24,000 USD as the value of my cards

I have been chatting with jkidd05 and like others never seen the commercial invoice.

It is peak season in fact (start of november) so MMB / DHL and other shipping are under the pump. My recent package that arrived last week- repack requested confirmed after 24 hours but no email confirmation that item has been repacked. DHL tracking showed that item not collected till one or two days later so delays are already there. It actually had problems with customs and delayed the shipping by one business day so instead of Friday, collected on Monday.

7 Dec 16 10:47 PM - Customs status updated - SYDNEY,AUSTRALIA Further Details - DHL needs further information from the importer.
Next Steps - A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or please contact DHL Customer Service for further assistance. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

So i contacted MMB and they spoke to their DHL rep and package was released by customs.

This is a HUGE package of 459 items. I know it will be nice to consolidate and get 1 big package for cheaper postage but in this case, for me, I would have split into 2 or 3 lots and get the flawless and other high value stuff home first.

All high end stuff, you need to weigh out USPS Global express (pay more postage, possibly cop customs) or DHL via MMB.

The last time I had something go over the limit I just explained to customs that a mistake had been made. I had to supply a copy of the correct invoices.

Obviously this delays it, but upon receiving the correct invoice they released it with no charge.

Good luck.

Really hope you are right mate! Too stressful as it is.

fuk man what a clusterfuk. GL with it. I just requested repack today. Fingers crossed. Only 55 items. Sure hope they don't make that equal $10, 000 or something. Definitely agree with others comments here Brooke is easily the best to deal with. Some of the others could not give a toss i suspect. MMB is definitely good as a no frills service but id be wary using them with your high end purchases.

Anyway once again mate. sorry to hear about your dramas. I hope it gets sorted ASAP and this side of xmas :) Cheers Jono

They said it was a software glitch that happens from time to time.

I would probably advise to see the commercial invoice before every shipment from now on in case something like this ever happens again.

I have been chatting with jkidd05 and like others never seen the commercial invoice.

It is peak season in fact (start of november) so MMB / DHL and other shipping are under the pump. My recent package that arrived last week- repack requested confirmed after 24 hours but no email confirmation that item has been repacked. DHL tracking showed that item not collected till one or two days later so delays are already there. It actually had problems with customs and delayed the shipping by one business day so instead of Friday, collected on Monday.

7 Dec 16 10:47 PM - Customs status updated - SYDNEY,AUSTRALIA Further Details - DHL needs further information from the importer.
Next Steps - A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or please contact DHL Customer Service for further assistance. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

So i contacted MMB and they spoke to their DHL rep and package was released by customs.

This is a HUGE package of 459 items. I know it will be nice to consolidate and get 1 big package for cheaper postage but in this case, for me, I would have split into 2 or 3 lots and get the flawless and other high value stuff home first.

All high end stuff, you need to weigh out USPS Global express (pay more postage, possibly cop customs) or DHL via MMB.

Most definitely, was thinking about it last night. And if I continue in this hobby or continue using MMB, monthly shipments is the way to go. No more shipments every 2 months!

Heard anymore back on this one yet?
Definitely have to keep the Customs bill, when you get it and get the thing framed.
Really need MMB to email or express post the correct invoice through to Aus customs asap.

Hope this matter gets sorted out asap.

Heard anymore back on this one yet?
Definitely have to keep the Customs bill, when you get it and get the thing framed.
Really need MMB to email or express post the correct invoice through to Aus customs asap.

Hope this matter gets sorted out asap.

Yeah DHL gave me a call this morning and I forwarded MMB's official response acknowledging the mistake due to software glitch, and an amended commercial invoice.

He said everything SHOULD be straight forward from now on and the shipment should be delivered by the ETA of Friday/Monday.

But forgive me for being paranoid, I think I will be stressing until I have the shipment in my hands...when that will be, who knows!

Yeah DHL gave me a call this morning and I forwarded MMB's official response acknowledging the mistake due to software glitch, and an amended commercial invoice.

He said everything SHOULD be straight forward from now on and the shipment should be delivered by the ETA of Friday/Monday.

But forgive me for being paranoid, I think I will be stressing until I have the shipment in my hands...when that will be, who knows!
I do not blame you one iota for being paranoid my friend, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Mate so glad to hear that this should move forward without too much more stress. Fingers are definitely crossed for you, happy to see that although this mistake should never of happened, acknowledgement has been made and DHL and MMB seem to of worked together to sort out the problem.

In this world we all know that shit sometimes just happens to me their helping to sort out the problem shows that they are a company I personally am happy to continue using.

Mate so glad to hear that this should move forward without too much more stress. Fingers are definitely crossed for you, happy to see that although this mistake should never of happened, acknowledgement has been made and DHL and MMB seem to of worked together to sort out the problem.

In this world we all know that s*** sometimes just happens to me their helping to sort out the problem shows that they are a company I personally am happy to continue using.

Tracking still hasn't updated from clearance delay- call DHL.

So not getting my hopes up at all.

But yeah, really hope that's the end of the drama mate.

Just as a little FYI, I work for a freight forwarder and we deal with customers brokerage and although I haven't dealt with something like private purchased goods (normally it's airfreight for business, shipping containers etc.) but it's fairly common to get invoices that don't tally, and as yours showed it was obviously miscalculated so as long as you can get an amended invoice from the shipper that should be fine for customs. In most cases customs don't actually evaluate the goods, that's what a licensed broker is for so as long as you are in communication with whomever is handling the brokerage they should be able to correctly declare and classify the items with customs for you.

Just as a little FYI, I work for a freight forwarder and we deal with customers brokerage and although I haven't dealt with something like private purchased goods (normally it's airfreight for business, shipping containers etc.) but it's fairly common to get invoices that don't tally, and as yours showed it was obviously miscalculated so as long as you can get an amended invoice from the shipper that should be fine for customs. In most cases customs don't actually evaluate the goods, that's what a licensed broker is for so as long as you are in communication with whomever is handling the brokerage they should be able to correctly declare and classify the items with customs for you.

Thanks for the info mate. That does put my mind at ease coming from someone in the industry.

Yeah hopefully it was all sorted this morning. The amended commercial invoice was forwarded to DHL along with explanation of the error and vitrifaction there are only trading cards in the shipment. Now just have to wait...which feels like forever!

Shipment in hand :)

IMG_5589.JPG
IMG_5590.JPG

excellent result really happy they sorted that out for you, i am sure the stress levels have dropped back now you have it in hand!

More relived than any other emotion lol.

Really need to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and advice in this thread and in private message.

It has been a very stressful past few days to say the least.

I have had a limited experience with MMB but I am not going back. Comgateway is the pick of the bunch and I highly recommend the switch. It cost me $450USD to get what would cost about $200USD with Comgateway. A lot of my items would only have the option of Express post and I bought a $10 plastic cap holder which cost $50USD to ship! Never again...

Back
Top Bottom