Low Balling

This place is a hive for the 'ballers.
I won't name names but I was in shock the other day when I received a pm saying they would pay me half the value of my cards because I was trying to make some quick cash for a certain purchase. I honestly didn't know how to reply.

Wow! So you weren't lying when you told me you had offers higher than mine? :lol:

I don't think there is a problem asking for a cheaper price within reason, but if it's already dirt cheap and you ask for a cheaper price that's just insulting. I generally research a card if I'm looking to buy and make an offer from there, if the seller is firm with the price then I usually accept their price as I'm more happy to deal here then on eBay. Plus I'm not looking to flip cards, all the cards I buy are PC.

I think it comes down to there being no actual collectors any more. I know I pay what I feel like paying when it comes to PC cards so it says to me this place if filled with flippers just looking to make a quick buck.

Its a shame as I loved checking out PC mail days now there's just sale threads disguised as mail days.

I opened up my pc for sale, the amount of "lowball" offers I got was amazing!

On the other hand.....

I also get tonnes of offers for cards on my wantlist, only problem is that they are some 2x what they sell for on ebay! When I look at their offer and counter with prices slightly above ebay, I either get a rude reply or none at all!

You just can't win!

i blame Linsanity. he went off for a fortnight and his cards went high as hell, now people will try and sell Miles Plumlee for twice as much because he grabbed 3 rebounds against the Heat!!!

and i blame the double rookie class. people bust boxes they pay good money for and get back 3 scrubs as their hits and they wanna try and make back some of their money.

i blame Linsanity. he went off for a fortnight and his cards went high as hell, now people will try and sell Miles Plumlee for twice as much because he grabbed 3 rebounds against the Heat!!!

and i blame the double rookie class. people bust boxes they pay good money for and get back 3 scrubs as their hits and they wanna try and make back some of their money.

I see that more and more! People are charging some crazy prices to make up what they "lost" on their box break!

I think "offers" make up a huge part of the lowballing issue. Easier to put prices on it and see what you get! I don't mind offering discounts for multiple buys.

out of interest feel free to "post" your offers on this card.
dont be a copy cat, actually research if you need to.

Ohh and im being serious, i would like opinions

5/5

Some people.....if you look hard enough (not hard really) automatically expect a discount (single or multiple cards)
(geez i love my()'s tonight)
I hate how people assume, you have listed the card above ebay prices and expect a discount.

5/5

I'd expect the card sell for $75-80 (I'd pay this for PC) and anything under would be to flip.

as a constant lowballer i sometimes lowball too much :oops: however i don't get bothered if i get a lowball offeri just say i would pass. Also one thing that interests me is,can a sale price be higher than a beckett high price? something im ot sure about personally and would like opinions b4 i go and offend someone bcoz their price is higher than beckett high or something

as a constant lowballer i sometimes lowball too much :oops: however i don't get bothered if i get a lowball offeri just say i would pass. Also one thing that interests me is,can a sale price be higher than a beckett high price? something im ot sure about personally and would like opinions b4 i go and offend someone bcoz their price is higher than beckett high or something

Yes that is completely possible, Beckett are usually overpriced, but some times (a lot of MJ autos Ive noticed) theyre high value is under market value

Yes that is completely possible, Beckett are usually overpriced, but some times (a lot of MJ autos Ive noticed) theyre high value is under market value

or under priced at the same time! I seen many LBJ Exquisite (NBA) uniforms sell for nearly 4x what they book for!

5/5

Id say $50-60 right would be a fair price for that since the tag is fairly weak, but during the season when Love will inevitably have one of his 30 rebound game or something like that, $120 wouldnt suprise me

Back
Top Bottom