Long Term Top 5 Cards (That You Can't Imagine Selling)

crackberry

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Minh
Happy New Year OCT :kick:

I have a huge pile full, but would love to see the cards people can't imagine selling or would be the last to leave their collection. A short description would also be cool. It doesn't have to be the most valuable card either

Here are mine. Can't wait to see others :thumbsup:

#5 The perfect card
52b14447-a0d2-40b6-ba3c-4cf71555fbeb_zpsbd03f53d.jpg

#4 At the height of my KD PC I had the masterset of canvas autos and RPAs! Crazy thinking about it. This true RC gold version is all that's left because it is my favourite
76ab67bf-f80d-4cb4-8e47-809f2bfaaabe_zps8482b180.jpg

#3 Hard to pick one from my LeBron PC, but picked this one because of the memories. I watched 3 live games of these two together. Never thought I would own this but it became available a few months after I sold the KD/Westy version. I actually finished "second" in the bid but got a second chance offer. Ended up being much less than the KD/Westy. I am much more happy with this one!
6d7889d3-183a-45d8-9477-226684b69c33_zpsdf87c786.jpg

#2 Never thought I'd own a Mailman auto since I thought all the UD ones were so ugly. But I think Panini did good to hook up the Mailman. Unfortunately a lot of his autos are streaky. I found the perfect one with an amazing patch and clean auto. I didn't even negotiate on this one - accepted the first offer from a friend who usually starts high and we work down
764ab3f2-e5cd-42b4-9825-bfc67cb260ab_zps8a2c4fdb.jpg

#1 There are a few Horford cards that are close to the top 5, but I guess they will be the last anyway since I can't imagine any buyers. This process has been pretty fun but I think this card is #1 because it is the most tempting to sell since the offers are crazy. I maxed out my cc to paying for it. Currently it is the only Sabonis logoman. I am sure I will regret not taking current offers, but he's one of my favourite HOFs and the logoman is from a pretty unique year. I really like the foil design on this card too!
8cdf28cf-ab3d-4ada-9f07-bd0134ed285f_zps324f29fc.jpg

Such a tough choice seeing as I'm a player collector. Basically all my Paytons I don't have doubles of are off limits.

97-98 Flair Showcase Row3.
First year of Masterpiece's.
I paid covers for this card from one of the hobbies most sh1tfull human beings but I'm glad its out of his filthy hands.

Silhouette Prime #/5.
GP's first Auto patch in Sonics uni since 01 and only his 2nd Sonics auto patch at the time. Numbered to 5 it holds a special place in my collection.

03-04 Exquisite Emblems of Endorsement #/15.
First year of Exquisite and IMO the best looking of all sub sets in the product. While LL's are iconic the EE's are on another level.

12-13 National Treasures Dual Logoman.
I saw this card in the pre release pics and knew I had to have it. While everyone was oohing and aahing over the Gold Kemp logoman I had desire's to own the #2/2 since #2 was GP's Rookie year jersey number.
I was alerted to it on Instagram when it was pulled and it took a long 3 weeks to try and snag it.

97-98 Skybox Metal PMG Emerald #/10.
Every collector of 90's players has one card they must have in their collection. I was lucky enough to get this one from Japan with the help of a fellow board member, it was just before they exploded in popularity and price which makes it even sweeter.

Great idea for a thread Minh, made me have a good long look at the collection again, something I haven't done for a while.
Some good memories in the cardboard, memories of some good people I have met along the way.
Like Nick, my collection is a player orientated affair, pretty much one man. The Human Highlights himself !!!

#5 - I have no idea why I like this card so much, well hell, yes I do. 4/5 UD Black, Shiny gold foil finish, patchy goodness.

5_zps4ba47336.png

#4 - Once again another fine UD product, Exquisite Inscriptions and a pretty ok Graded rating too.

4_zps0f68964f.png

#3 -
This card has two of the finest dunkers the game ever saw, my usual main man and Vince Carter. Also a passable grade.

3_zps938c299a.png

#2 - This card is special because it was my first on card auto of Julius Erving, oh and I think it had that other dude on it as well.

Back side has this dude!
2A_zpsee6656d6.png

Front side has this guy!
2B_zps6cc49ee9.png

#1 -
This was an easy choice for number 1. As with a lot of cherished cardboard collectibles, best thing is the back story.
Sign onto my beloved Ozcard one day to get a PM, found the card you have been chasing to finish that set but....
Its in Japan and we are doing a group buy and mail over. Hmmmm sounds like the go. Weeks later this little gem turned up to complete a rather difficult to complete set.
To say I was wrapped was an understatement.

1_zpsa2af345a.png

Hi guys this was a hard task.....

5) Bought this card for $20 when they first come out and have loved it ever since

4) Always been a dream to own one of these and picking this one up for $80 regardless of grading was a great choice.

3) Picked this up for under $50 again when they first appeared

2) Love Kobe on card sigs and this is a great example

1) My pride and joy..... 2 MJ rookies one graded PSA 6 and the other graded SGC 88, I am always looking for a BGS example too.

GREAT THREAD!!!!

There's quite a few I can't imagine moving now but these would have to be the last I'd ever move -

1. 2007 Ultra Autographics red ink variant signed to 5

2. 2007 SP Authentic Chirography Michael Jordan 09/25

3. 2007 UD Exquisite Enshrinements Kobe Bryant 2/25

4. 2008 UD Exquisite Enshrinements Kobe Bryant 19/24

5. 2007 UD Premier Franchise Faces Michael Jordan

Great Idea

Really amazing cards so far! Looking forward to more - let's show the hobby is still alive and we haven't become flipping flippers =D>

The player collector theme is awesome. So here's mine

#5 Possibly my favourite Logoman design. They got the foil and colours perfect
abe1f8c4-77f4-4ad3-8b90-8ebd823c3efe_zps27286ed1.jpg

#4 What's a /2 logoman without it's twin. I know where the 1/1 logoman auto is, but the dude is holding it hostage :( he thinks its a $2k card. I think he tried to sell it 3 times on ebay at $600 starting and no one bidded on it.
23b89fed-2d0f-42fb-a22e-2cad68f56f46_zpse5348fde.jpg

#3 A good friend from China sourced and bought this one on my behalf from a local for a decent price
86b3c1c3-1615-4ab4-a9c5-ae2edcdbd22f_zps97521ff0.jpg

#2 Actually not sure which came from where. But one came from a GB on BOC. The seller was trying to hold me hostage for the card. I decided not to chase it. A month later it was on ebay. I decided not to bid on it out of principal. Turns out one of my best friends in the hobby bought it and then sent it to me for FREE :) both arrived on the exact same day! I would have paid twice as much for it if the seller wasn't such a tool. But in the end I got for nothing so happy days
f5ff20fe-205e-40b7-98e0-3b221cc22064_zps37fddc9b.jpg

#1 Always wanted a horford logoman. The only ones I ever saw were tucked in kimmy's bucket and I look at it every night before I go to sleep. Then this popped up. I didn't have a US address at the time, but a friend did and he bought it for me. The cheapest logoman out of the 5x I own at a staggering $200!!! A few friends called me mental for paying so much at the time - I didn't care then and definitely don't care now LOL tristan20 graded it for me and made the card more awesome.
34eb2bb7-765a-45fa-a8a8-b89bc98f844d_zps18b7cda0.jpg

Ok, I'm going to try to remain true to the intent of the thread...not the most valuable, but the most precious.

At #5 is my first non plate 1/1 James Worthy auto:

At #4 is my most prized Worthy patch auto...love this card!!

At #3 is a favourite. The Kangaroo Kid. A true Laker legend and the second most valuable card in the inaugural 1948 Bowman set. The fact that it is non mint adds to the story as far as I'm concerned:

At #2. Technically not a card, but a business card. Worth exactly $0, but priceless to me. Presenting the business card of the former owner of the Lakers, now sadly deceased, Dr Jerry Buss, with a personalised auto on the back:

And #1. My first ever James Worthy signed card. Now worth 5c...maybe less with the non authenticated scribble. But again priceless, as it was signed in front of me when I met the great man. There is nothing better than meeting someone you have looked up to since you were a teen and they meet your expectations. My most valued card in my collection:

It was a really tough choice to narrow down the top 5...and they will change tomorrow!

Last edited:
#5 - Select Gold Kenneth Faried auto. I have the jersey auto already, and this one just arrived at COMC (not yet in hand) - however I've had this card in reach SO many times and the deals always seemed to fall through (at least 5 occassions - very frustrating!). So I'm really, really glad to finally have landed it.

unnamed_zps8656071f.jpg

#4 - Not high end by any means, but my very first T-Mac auto and one of the first things i picked up after returning to the hobby in early 2013.
4574916E-99CE-42F5-9B02-0701C57D98E7_zpsvqmlctsd.jpg

#3 - The manimals highest end true RC
IMG__0005_zps84312f7f.jpg

#2 - Rookie Prime Silo
IMG__0003_zps6e8af4fb.jpg

#1 - 13-14 NT Logoman
LogomanFariedNT_zps6d022aef.jpg

After some bullying from @crackberry and some tough decision making these would probably be the last to go of mine in no particular order

08/09 UD Exquisite Enshrinements - Lebron 25/25

07/08 SP Rookie Threads Gold - KD 39/50

09/10 UD Exquisite Patches - Dwight 02/50

08/09 UD Exquisite Prime - Dwight 16/39

09/10 National Treasures Logoman - Dwight 2/5

ive had an argument with myself in choosing 5 cards to display as my best 5. but i couldnt do it, i think this is the best i could do and they are all recent cards too.......

6. i choose my Kevin durant 3/20 Diamond MVP flawless card
DSC_0298.JPG

5.kyrie RC immaculate 19/25 RPA
DSC_0299.JPG

4.Kevin Durant Immaculate 38/75 jumbo patch auto
DSC_0303.JPG

3.i couldnt choose between these 2 cards so i posted both
lebron numbers patch /9 (immaculate)
lebron Sole of the game 13/45 (immaculate)
DSC_0300.JPG

2.very hard decision - i was almost going to make this number1
Kyrie Irving -Flawless 10/10 Rookie patch auto
DSC_0301.JPG

1. Lebron Insignias 2/6 - 25th aniversary Jumbo Patch (immaculate)
DSC_0302.JPG

thanks for looking,this was alot of fun .........
Parra

Wow, there are some real gems here, great work!

Here are some of the cards I would not trade anytime soon.

#5 - Lebron crusade - Relatively cheap card however not many were floating around when I got it. It's such a nice underrated card.
Lebron Crusade.jpg

#4 - Kevin Durant Superscribe auto. This is one of the nicest cards in my collection. The card design is beautiful and the auto is so clean.
Durant Auto.jpg

#3 - Lebron James Ultimate Auto - This is the only NBA uniformed Lebron on card auto I have.
Lebron Auto.jpg

#2 - Michael Jordan 3D insert. One of the most interesting and contemporary cards, looks amazing in hand
3D insert.jpg

#1 - Michael Jordan NetRageous. I'm really proud to have it in my collection every time I see it.
Netrageous.jpg

wow some more killer cards. and love the description of how they became favourites

After some bullying from @crackberry and some tough decision making these would probably be the last to go of mine in no particular order

I did not bully! It was name calling... huge difference mate!

that 09/10 UD Exquisite Patches - Dwight 02/50 is such a nice card :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom