Let Dwight play!! Let Dwight play!!

exzibit3

Old school baby!
Real Name
exzibit3
I'm so sick of the NBA limiting Dwight's potential and not allowing the fans to see him play at his best. This guy is getting hammered when the defense can't stop him down low and there's no repercussions. Of course he's going to get frustrated! Everytime he rises to dunk, someone is pulling his jersey or wrapping his arms around him. The NBA needs to protect the safety of the players. Blake is also getting some ridiculously hard fouls as well and it is only a matter of time before someone takes his legs out under him and this young man's career is over. Why the hell are we worrying about stupid technical calls when a player puts his palms to the air and questions a call? Why are we worrying about taking 10 seconds to shoot a foul shot when Karl Malone and Jeff Hornacek and Mark Jackson used to take an eternity to shoot the a foul shot? Worse of all, with all the new technical rules, it can seriously hinder a team's chance in the playoffs when emotions run high. Sound off on your thoughts.

It's a fking joke! Howard gets abused night in night out, as does Blake! The "little" people they play against don't like being pushed around and dominated so they take it upon themselves to stop it with no thought for the person they are going after!

The NBA needs to get it's priorities straight. Let emotion be there but not get out of control, theirs a big difference to some one getting a bit pumped or frustrated to someone going off and shoving and cursing.

The referees need to be calling more flagrant and unsportsmanlike fouls in my mind.

Hack-a-Shaq type strategies shouldn't be tolerated if there is no play on the ball, and often there is no play on the ball.

this is why i respect players like duncan, bogut, camby.. etc. they dont go in the paint and 'foul' dwight, griffin..

they play them straight up 1v1 and if he dunks on you, so be it..

this is why i hate some of the scrub players, they think because they have 6 fouls, they have to use them..
and it sucks that they get T-ed up for a slight reaction after a poor foul..

but then again, if he could make free throws ;)

He does get smashed and they need to call it more/better, but I'm more sick of seein him shoot free throws, he single handedly brought that 10 second rule to the attention of millions of people who didn't know about it!!!!! :lol:

this is why i respect players like duncan, bogut, camby.. etc. they dont go in the paint and 'foul' dwight, griffin..

they play them straight up 1v1 and if he dunks on you, so be it..

this is why i hate some of the scrub players, they think because they have 6 fouls, they have to use them..
and it sucks that they get T-ed up for a slight reaction after a poor foul..

but then again, if he could make free throws ;)

Tell me about it. Here's an interesting number/fact/stat for all you NBA lovers out there.

Shaquille O'Neal has shot 52.7% on free throws over his career. That's pretty low, especially considering he's attempted 11,252 of them. Despite this, he's still managed to average 23.7 PPG in 1207 regular season games.

His 28,596 career points put him 7th all-time in NBA history. If he had shot his free throws better, at a clip of 70% (which isn't even very good) he would have scored 30,537 career points which would have placed him at 5th all-time and over the 30K mark.

I always wonder with guys like Shaq, how much better their already incredible stats could be, if they could just shoot free throws at a better clip (and a clip like 70% isn't even amazing, it's pretty average by NBA standards).

By Shaq missing free throws, It shows that he IS human. If he had always hit his free throws, he would of always been impossible to stop. Free throws Is what keeps the big man down ! Basically same with Dwight Howard ... But that 10 second rule Is really not needed. Let the guy shoot, takes 11 or 12 seconds ? Man, who cares. The game won't end an hour early because he shot his free throws quickly. Times like that, the Refs need to realize the game Is not about them, but about the two teams on the court. Dwight gets no love, when he really should. Refs care more about the smaller guys. We need big man Refs to call the fouls In the paint !

It's simple........ If Dwight doesn't like it improve his foul shooting and they will stop the fouls. The reason they do it is because he can't hurt them from the line. Whether it's right or wrong it's the only answer. It really irks me that these guys are paid millions of dollars and can't work on the basics like a free throw. They are the fundamentals of basketball and the stuff you are taught to get right, right from when you started playing in your reebok pumps

Yep I agree..... the NBA likes to reward flops... so instead of letting the big boys play down low all we have is little *****es flopping all over the place.

The referees need to be calling more flagrant and unsportsmanlike fouls in my mind.

Hack-a-Shaq type strategies shouldn't be tolerated if there is no play on the ball, and often there is no play on the ball.

As I'm sure you are aware this isn't tolerated in the final 2 minutes; but yeah I fully agree..... I hate this kind of tactic & I feel it really isn't basketball. Beat the team with your play... not stupid tactics like this.

By Shaq missing free throws, It shows that he IS human. If he had always hit his free throws, he would of always been impossible to stop. Free throws Is what keeps the big man down ! Basically same with Dwight Howard ... But that 10 second rule Is really not needed. Let the guy shoot, takes 11 or 12 seconds ? Man, who cares. The game won't end an hour early because he shot his free throws quickly. Times like that, the Refs need to realize the game Is not about them, but about the two teams on the court. Dwight gets no love, when he really should. Refs care more about the smaller guys. We need big man Refs to call the fouls In the paint !

He got warned though and still did it. **** him!

i love how people try to say the nba is all soft and crap and then go complain about howard getting fouled and this and that... can someone make up there mind...

that said im sure howard gets his share of tough hits but so do a lot of players and they dont all whine about it as much as him... remember shaq on the lakers? howard has it easy compared to him...

i love how people try to say the nba is all soft and crap and then go complain about howard getting fouled and this and that... can someone make up there mind...

that said im sure howard gets his share of tough hits but so do a lot of players and they dont all whine about it as much as him... remember shaq on the lakers? howard has it easy compared to him...

I don't have a problem with psychical play, but if he gets fouled..... call it! If they aren't calling the stuff he's complaining about yet are calling stupid flops etc then it gets annoying.

I don't have a problem with psychical play, but if he gets fouled..... call it! If they aren't calling the stuff he's complaining about yet are calling stupid flops etc then it gets annoying.

yeah i def. understand your point... i mean nba officiating is always sketch and always will be... how hard can it be to be consistent? i would rather them be consistent and bad then how they usually are all over the place... oh well

LeBron also gets nailed just about every time he's on the break. The opponent will either get out of the way or wrap him up.

Today he got shoulder-checked by Jermaine O'Neal, with no play on the ball. It was a joke. Jermaine is a *****. He knew LeBron was going to get the and1 or put him on the poster so instead of trying to contest or block the shot he just did an ice hockey check on him.

LeBron also gets nailed just about every time he's on the break. The opponent will either get out of the way or wrap him up.

Today he got shoulder-checked by Jermaine O'Neal, with no play on the ball. It was a joke. Jermaine is a *****. He knew LeBron was going to get the and1 or put him on the poster so instead of trying to contest or block the shot he just did an ice hockey check on him.

O'neal is a punk. That was a full on shoulder check and Lebron is big enough to not have it throw him off. This are the sort of fouls which get players injured badly and I bet David would REALLY be thinking hard about doing something about it if the TV ratings plunged after a few major stars are taken out of the playoffs with these sort of fouls.

O'neal is a punk. That was a full on shoulder check and Lebron is big enough to not have it throw him off. This are the sort of fouls which get players injured badly and I bet David would REALLY be thinking hard about doing something about it if the TV ratings plunged after a few major stars are taken out of the playoffs with these sort of fouls.

Just a joke in my opinion.

I'm all for being "tough" in the league, but I think being tough and being stupid are two different things. Make hard fouls if you want, but make a play on the ball. At least that shows you have the intention of contesting the shot, not just *****ing out because you're going to get dunked on.

Bet you won't say that if Erick Dampier clotheslines Derrick Rose in the ECF. :lol:

Nah Miami needs Dampier. I'd be keen to see Dexter Pittman start at centre for Miami, let Rose isolate and go one on one, then as he rises for the layup, have Dexter take out Rose's legs and end Chicago's hopes of winning. No Blood no foul indeed.

Back
Top Bottom