Laying down - Not in the spirit of the game !!!

Until someone can show me where in the rule book it is classed as a knock on when in the process of putting in a kick and having control, i will disagree.

Technically they may say it is but anyone who has played the game knows it isn't.

Until someone can show me where in the rule book it is classed as a knock on when in the process of putting in a kick and having control, i will disagree.

Technically they may say it is but anyone who has played the game knows it isn't.

I have played and refereed the game and believe it is a knock on. If you catch a high ball and after having had control fumble it into an opposition player it is a knock on, not so different in this instance. Yes he dropped the ball toward his foot with the intention of kicking it but prior to the ball hitting his foot it has hit another player who didn't play at the ball thus meaning he lost control prior to completing his intended kick and knocking the ball on.

Regardless of your opinion it doesn't matter, the game is long over, the result is in the books and it had no relevance on the final outcome.

I have played and refereed the game and believe it is a knock on. If you catch a high ball and after having had control fumble it into an opposition player it is a knock on, not so different in this instance. Yes he dropped the ball toward his foot with the intention of kicking it but prior to the ball hitting his foot it has hit another player who didn't play at the ball thus meaning he lost control prior to completing his intended kick and knocking the ball on.

Regardless of your opinion it doesn't matter, the game is long over, the result is in the books and it had no relevance on the final outcome.
I respect your opinion Brendan, although i do believe if he is making a tackle he technically is playing at the ball in this instance.

Much the same as a defender coming in to make a tackle and the ball hits his hand when being offloaded, a lot of the time he is just coming in to smother the play but still technically playing at the ball.

And you are right, the game is done and dusted, we got off the main topic which is about diving.

To me if it's not picked up on the field the bunker should let it go and any consequences dealt with by the match review. This would stop players lying down as it would just give the defensive line time to get set and no advantage at all.

What about last night Souths v Tigers where the Tigers player was faking for a penalty then Burgess gave him some lip and he jumped up immediately and started shoving...........

Ross

The NRL only have themselves to blame.

They let coaches go rough shod over refs. They let players get away with murder. I mean seriously, what's with all these trippers at the moment!? Send off and a week suspension. Easy. Mouth off. March them ten. Do it again, sin bin. Hell, if you're not the captain and you rush up to the ref and dispute/whinge a try, a week off too.

I'm so frustrated (and not because of the bunnies) with the whole league at the moment. From everything to scheduling, expansion, player on field behaviour and refs, coaches.

^^I agree the only person who should communicate with the ref is the Capt anyone else, should be warned, then penalised, then sin binned....simple.

Tripping has always been a send off, perhaps now should be a straight sin bin.

I'd like to see them bring in either a 5 minute sin bin or a rule like ice hockey, where the player sits out the next set of six.

I'd also like to see penalties go like the NFL, where there's no kick but a metre penalty. So the offended team just moves forward to the mark 5, 10, 15,20 m up field and taps and goes.

And I'd like a NFL style flag where if there is a query up to the try, the ref refers ONLY to that and not forty five reasons to possibly disallow a try.

Last thing - I wouldn't care if the ref blew the pea out of the whistle if it was warranted. The rules are there. Don't interpret them. Ref them!!!

Point in question, why wasn't Reynolds forced to leave the field immediately after that 'high' glancing blow from Paulo?

Credit to the Eels, sensational defence. I can't imagine Des will be overly happy that when the game is on the line She Rex was at flat footed as ever and Kasiano, Eastwood and Graham were ball playing on the last with no halves in sight.

4 things I hate in the game atm:

• The lying down feigning injury - no one likes it, even soccer has gotten rid of this crap.
  • Players running full length of the field to then go to video ref and be told no try - you are better off taking a tackle 10 out from the line. if the call isn't made on field its a try, video ref is for when you cant see groundings or losing the ball, on side etc.. not for going back
  • Ref's threatening that players wont like what they will do... and they do nothing, just keep giving empty threats. Start sending players off, get rid of the bullshit
  • Defensive players clearly blocking attacking players runs for kicks, this has completely taken out a lot of the excitement of last play kicks, we used to get multiple amazing jumps and tries every week, now they are as rare as hens teeth

Back
Top Bottom