Kobe appreciation thread

RIP Kobe - I didnt have many cards but this is probably the best i have to show.

IMG_9958.jpg

What’s the attachment to the old logo? Any?

I get it though, if not change it to Jordan, why do it for Kobe. Still an argument to be made though I reckon.
I love the idea. I dont even think Jerry West would stand in the way, he loved Kobe. Also Jordan has his own logo that is arguably as known as the nba logoman.

Biggest honour the NBA could give would be to change the logo right? That would be epic. Do you think they would ever change it or would it be too insulting to Jerry West? I think I've heard an interview with him where he said he wasn't sure why they picked him?
i doubt west would mind, especially after hearing some of his current interviews regarding kobe, but i think its excessive.
some other more fitting suggestions by other people on here i think. i like retiring '24' league wide.
or maybe im just an old man resistant to change...

Really enjoyed reminiscing with this thread. Many of us watched Kobe grow from a confident teenage prodigy, to a dominant force in the league, and finally a legend of the game.
It’s been a hell of a ride, and over heart-breakingly too soon 😢
R.I.P. Mamba, thanks for the memories

E321525E-6857-49D8-B84C-D1FEBB73EE8E.jpeg
1019C53C-F34B-4ADF-9449-F4713646E929.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom