Kobe appreciation thread

I'm still stunned about the news...... I have to say I hated seeing him destroy the Suns in the playoffs in the mid/late 2000's but he was one of the greatest players ever to lace them up and you respected him for the way he played the game.

The 81 Point Game, the Championships, the 60 point final game.......so many great basketball memories.

The more the years went on the more you grew to understood how great a player he was!

One of the all time greats!

Been so weird watching the NBA without any of these guys this year, but it's crazy to think that one of them is no longer with us so soon

Best Mamba memory though was getting to see the great man himself in action on his farewell tour at Staples back in 2016

R.I.P to one of the finest ever

I think that’s a little to much. Maybe retire his jersey number/s with the whole league

I read someone's post I think on Blowout on the subject and they raised a good point that with his previous "out of court settlement" and the way the world is now that the NBA wouldn't do it because of the negative image.
Personally though I'd love to see it. There isn't a lot of people that'd remember Jerry playing but everyone sure knows who Kobe is.
Also glad to see that he will be straight into the HOF with no vote needed