Knights to come 2nd...2010

hobo

Kogarah to Kiama
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Ross
****Warning**** long rave to follow...the heads down along with all the tapping of keys will make it appear that I am working diligently. :D

Now that the Knights have expanded down to the Central Coast they should come 2nd just behind the Dragons....

For those who went "huh"

The Newcastle Knights have agreed to a partnership with the Country Rugby League that will see the club re-enter the New South Wales Cup from 2010. To be known as the Central Coast Crusaders (if the don't get sued by our basketball team), the partnership will see the Knights make a large scale commitment to the Central Coast region.

This move is long overdue and I applaud it ...:D the Central Coast is one of Rugby League heartlands and an area regarded as part of the Knights Community, fact: a huge % of the Knights members are Central Coast based.

It is only a small start, but the synergies are great as we are now talking tribalism....... (side note: all respect to the Storm who where excellent professionals and who did a good job supporting CC junior rugby league..... but hey they are still Mexicans ;) ) ......now there is a huge nursery of talent stretching from Waroongah to at leat Mid North Caost for the Knights to develop.

I am currently hoping the next team into the NRL is far Nth Qld to allow this move to potentially grow to the next step......a footballing dynasty. I love Singo and all he does for the Coast but the CC Bears don't do a lot for me... I would love to see him buy out the Knights and create a NRL powerhouse to be reckoned with....does anyone have his number I think I need to call him.. ....now!! No give me Gallops I'm going straight to the top...:p

To me it is such a logical way to solve the Central Coast neglect from the NRL it potentially give us a team we could call our own, it doesn't burden the player talent pool (keeps the comp at 16) and allows more room for expansion when one of the Sydney teams fail and or merge (geographically St George to Woollongong surrounds Cronulla so lets just absorb them and rename the team St George, although that topic almost deserves it's own thread for another long winded rant......:D)

Hey 11.53am....lunchtime. :wave:

Cheers
Ross

Now that the Knights have expanded down to the Central Coast they should come 2nd just behind the Dragons....

If it's a Knights Dragons GF then I'd be backing the side that has won both their grand finals over the team that is world famous for choking!

But I agree, it's a really good move by the Knights, and it also gives the second string players a chance to play together, rather than being seperated back into feeder teams in the local competition, as happened this year.

Not that the NSW Cup is a good standard of league at all, but it should also provide a bit better standard than the Newcastle Rugby League.

I hope they go all out in promoting the side around the Central Coast and can drum up a bit of support. I know the Knights first grade side has done a bit of promotional work and work with kids in that area recently.

Mate I've not seen the Knights down here for a long time actually never..... Even the games they play here they haven't promoted, lets hope they are serious. Actually they did run a pre season training camp...however that was closer to Newcastle than the Central Coast oh and we had to pay........

More importantly for the Knights it will continue the Player placement schemes already in place which identifies the best local talent.....it could be a feeding frenzy but it needs to be done well.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom