JSY Cards missing the JSY patch

Sprayzen

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Phil
Hi guys,

new into the nba card collecting business and noticed that there are some cards advertsied as Jersey cards, have the section of the card cut out for the jersey to be placed but are missing the jersey piece

Have seen a few of these over the last few weeks and woundering as to if these are fakes, miss prints or if they are legit cards?

For example

2003/4 FINEST TRACY MCGRADY WARM-UP REFRACTOR /250 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 26-Jul-09 03:44:57 AEST)

yeah its just a jersey card, no colour patch on it so it looks plain but its there
you can see the stitching in it if you have a close look or even not so close lol.

e5051.jpg

Maybe you're thinking the jersey peice should be the same colour as the jersey they're actually wearing pictured on the card? Not sure. :-k

It is definitely there...

Sorry someone is going to have to help me out. I have glaucoma and can only see a white dot on the card two thirds down.

I posted a pic up a bit for you to look at of it blown up but quality isnt the best.

JOKE TIME:
It would be funny if an ex girlfriend put up a MJ jersey auto for buy it now 99c and Sprayzen looked at it and said "yuk its missing the jersey im not buying that"

Fair enough enjoy the laugh at my expense

Everyone on these boards loves to have a joke and pay each other out - its always in good fun. We all do it - myself included

But you know what - in this instance I think you have every right to have your nose out of joint a little. This seemed to me a tad out of line.

For those "having a laugh" I think its inappropriate to be making fun of serious questions from someone who is obviously new to the hobby.

Particularly inappropriate coming from a mod.

Come on guys - this isnt the best way to build and encourage our community or help new and inexperienced members with the hobby.

Ryan

Ryan its cool mate, I should of put an emoticon after my response, after all if you can't laugh at yourself then there is something wrong ;)

What are you talking about?????

No mod has made fun of anyone, I'm not a mod and I'm the only one that made a joke. Infact my post clearly says JOKE TIME in it and I can't seem to see any others making a joke.

Why is it out of place? it was a joke, there was no harshness to it. if you dont like members having a joke then kick me out of the forum.

I blew the image in question up for him so he could see the jersey a bit better, if I was just being a ****er why would I waste my time doing that.

Hey mate, you are not that blind. There have been alot of blanks on ebay recently. Can't remember what the seller calls them, or have any examples, but they are basically the entire card with no material in them.

What are you talking about?????

No mod has made fun of anyone, I'm not a mod and I'm the only one that made a joke. Infact my post clearly says JOKE TIME in it and I can't seem to see any others making a joke.

Why is it out of place? it was a joke, there was no harshness to it. if you dont like members having a joke then kick me out of the forum.

I blew the image in question up for him so he could see the jersey a bit better, if I was just being a ****er why would I waste my time doing that.

So chad is not admin here?

Back
Top Bottom