Israel Folau has switched to AFL and signed with GWS

hes a schoolboy afl champion mate

i think your thinking of Karmichael Hunt.

He only need to improve his kicking which wont take long, learn a few tactics and he'll be fine. Yea it wont it wont click straight away but he will be good.

Folau is an awesome footy player but to be honest i hope he fails big time in AFL!!!!! Along with Karmichael Hunt, both turn your baacks n the sport that made you who you are, thats pretty low in my book. If they do come back to league never let them play rep footy again, the depth australia has in league is amazing, so many players good players coming through you could make 2-3 australian teams.

GAZ

Kenny Sutcliffe....asking all the tough questions.

Seriously it will be embarrassing for the AFL if someone can come from league without playing a game and be a success.

im not too sure about that, the only ones embarrassed about this should be the NRL for not being able to keep hold of their players, the lure of Australia biggest and fastest growing sport became too much and i dont blame them.
i just think its so funny how the NRL supporters are so dirty on the AFL for this, he wont last, they cant play, they cant kick, money grabbers etc etc etc. fact is its already worked, its got people talking, and in a big way. its a massive win for the AFL and to get 4 teams out of NSW and QLD is huge. maybe they wont last, but who cares, i dont coz i want a tassie team instead :p
Hunt and Folau have seen the light, AFL is Australia's own. wonder if it will set a precedent for some of the other NRL players in the near future.

im not too sure about that, the only ones embarrassed about this should be the NRL for not being able to keep hold of their players, the lure of Australia biggest and fastest growing sport became too much and i dont blame them.
i just think its so funny how the NRL supporters are so dirty on the AFL for this, he wont last, they cant play, they cant kick, money grabbers etc etc etc. fact is its already worked, its got people talking, and in a big way. its a massive win for the AFL and to get 4 teams out of NSW and QLD is huge. maybe they wont last, but who cares, i dont coz i want a tassie team instead :p
Hunt and Folau have seen the light, AFL is Australia's own. wonder if it will set a precedent for some of the other NRL players in the near future.

I have no problem with the code switch and i hope he does succeed. I love Rugby League but i also do like and watch AFL.
I dont think though that they signed because of "the lure of Australia biggest and fastest growing sport". Money talks and at the end of the day this is their profession and they need to do whats best for themselves and their families.
He is only young and i have no doubts he will come back to the NRL oneday.

It is worrying for the NRL that keeping superstars is becomingly increasingly impossible. Something needs to change, the salary cap needs to go.

funny, when a player wants to switch from NRL to AFL suddenly he's not that good of a player :p. and how is all their players leaving the game a compliment to NRL? if the game was so great no-one would switch codes in the first place. and if you think all the afl players are money grabbers then you only need to look at the gold coast and all the money they have to get players up there. second and third year players are getting offers 3 times their pay packets now and not many are leaving the clubs that started their careers.

I never said he wasn't a good player.

I still think it is a compliment. With the AFL and RU chasing our players it shows that rugby league is the sport producing the best athletes.

---------- Post added 01-06-2010 at 07:26 PM ----------

I dont think though that they signed because of "the lure of Australia biggest and fastest growing sport". Money talks and at the end of the day this is their profession and they need to do whats best for themselves and their families.

Totally agree, not that I blame him with that sort of money on offer.

Back
Top Bottom