is this card for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a legit card. There is a Gold Patch Version /10 of it too. Just cause it's got a shit pic doesn't mean it's a dodgy card.

i msg'ed the seller, he hasn't replied

the problem with cards that worth US$500 each is that it is too tempting to be counterfeited, and with today's printing technology getting cheaper it's amazing what you can do.

It probably costs just under $2000 to set up a printing, and jersey swatches we all know it costs close to nothing - just go to any sports shop. The auto itself, there are many con artists out there who specialize in counterfeiting famous ppl's signature - this is made worse by athletes usually not sign the card in full (i.e. only the short version of their full sig). And this is made worse by 'sticker' hologram, if the signature doesn't seem to match, the con artist does it again, and again, eventually his signature will look like the real one.

The UD hologram at the back, just go to any printing company that does 3d Holo, u can order several hundreds of them (of course they must be willing to break the law!) - if you want high quality, it's more expensive, that's the only difference.

I saw a Jordan 97/98 UD Game Jersey Auto #/23 up for sale in ebay for USD$8000 - I am not saying this is a fake, not at all...

but hypothetically, if i am a criminal - wanting to make money quickly, I'd rather counterfeit these cards, rather than robbing the local milk bar. The money is probably the same, but much less risks.

And then there's this defence -> "I didn't know it's fake, I bought it from some guy I met at a trade fair." it's a perfect alibi.

It's quite possible, if the fake is so good in quality, whoever bought it - didn't know it was a fake and put them up in ebay. And poor scan quality is one way of 'not knowing it was a fake' - the seller will just say, the card in the scan is the one I sent you.

-------------------------------------

Anyway, that is just my thought, why I am asking.

Is there some sort of registry? I reckon UD/Topps should have registry services - especially with high valued cards (after all they are low numbered, just need to register who the owner is and we can check that).

This card is as real as it gets.

Which fakeness part about the card are you questioning?

I used to own an Iguodala one, from the same set, without the jersey. This is the gold #/10.

SPGameUsedEditionSIGnificance.jpg

Here is a LeBron from the same set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEBRON-JAMES-SP...071QQihZ015QQcategoryZ646QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll let you make your own decision but I wouldn't hesitate to bid on the auction, if it was my interest.

Cheers,

-Hendra

yeah... I;ll just wait until the seller replies my msg

i asked for a scan of the back of the card, I dont think that's too much to ask for something that is worth close to AU$1000

absolutely, the seller should provide u scans, not photos.... that's not right.. actually.. if he wants to sell about $1000 card... he should at least invest or borrow scanner.... in states, usually all-in-one printers cost like 27 bucks.. :lol:

it's good to be cautious with high end cards.. but i don't think many people will bother to register their cards.. what u can do is, like Hendra.. find the same products and same inserts in ebay...(those examples of bron and iggy are very good)

see how other people bid to similar items.. completed listings...

the easiest way, u can go to card company website and see the card... whether it's legitimate or not...

hope that helps..

noones questioning the card exists, just whether it's a real copy... i'd suggest it probably is, if i had 800 bucks to throw away i'd buy it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom