Idiots on ebay.

Chris_paul

06 07 Tyrus thomas only
Real Name
Kyel
Really pisses me off when dick heads bid on cards when theres still 6 days or when a auction has just begun and they bid like 50 dollars at a time I need this card and idiots are doing this they did it with another card aswell and they never even end up close to winning:mad:

Really shits me:mad:

lol yeh i dont understand, either they are bidding what they are willing to pay or it could be just a friend of the seller boosting the cards price up....

Really pisses me off when dick heads bid on cards when theres still 6 days or when a auction has just begun and they bid like 50 dollars at a time I need this card and idiots are doing this they did it with another card aswell and they never even end up close to winning:mad:

so what is the problem if they are no where near winning the item.they just might hope nobody bids and they get a bargain
tony

if they put a $50 bid on it, it must be worth that much, or more. your not gonna win a $50+ card for $8.50.

so what is the problem if they are no where near winning the item.they just might hope nobody bids and they get a bargain
tony

its a good way to get a bargain wid any early high bid. ebay is an open market so really u can get a bargain anytime, the trick is finding 1. doesnt matter when and how much he bids its the amount that ur willing to spend will determine if the cards is urs or not.

Well, there are two people...

I am probably like the dick heads you mention, i would probably made an initial bid, but not $1.01, coz majority of people will initial bid that way, so when they make a bid, they are always outbid if i could bid earlier...

sometimes, i would bid a card starting at least half value.. coz the card is worth way beyond that and i don't want anyone to bid a little for the bargain, it's just another reverse psychology and it worked sometimes, i don't mind paying good amount to a good card, but mostly depends on the seller, coz i don't do that on certain sellers coz i don't want them to do shilling themselves as well.. actually you are having that effect....

Another kind of people, they will do last minute bid with sniper or bid assistant, i think it's quite a good way to finish off, but in the end, the person who would pay most will win the card.. so if u need the card seriously, bid away... and don't feel stressed of the auctions, it will just make u mad.

hope that helps....

What is the rant here? You're complaining about people bidding? I don't get it! It doesn;t matter if that person puts in his $50 bid 6 days out, or 1 minute out, he's still going to have a $50 bid on it. Some people also get scared off bidding by early bidders so they can get a bargin...what's the rant about??

ha ha ha, sometimes a bargain can be had for just a few bucks. ;)

It's like saying when you're a bidder you don't want people to bid, but when you're a seller you want everyone to bid!

We can't all get it the way we like it.

Sometimes you're the one who drops the soap, and sometimes, well, you get the picture.... LOL

yeah but they drive the price up real early like on purpose thats what im whinging about and they dont even come close to winning if your gonna bid go all out then dont be anooying and chip 50 then give up after relising you couldnt even make half the value of the card all it does ias drive the card up, I dont think your going to get a cp3 esq enshrinements for 50 dollars and if your on ebay and you dont know this then yeah.

Also I thought it could be the sellers friend or the seller with a different name. Driving it up on purpose.

Thanks mavs man for the 1st person to know actaully what im talking about unlike a few

yeah I guess thats the way it goes but the way it goes sux lol im just having a whine cause I want this card pretty badly if I didnt I wouldnt even care.

What is the rant here? You're complaining about people bidding? I don't get it! It doesn;t matter if that person puts in his $50 bid 6 days out, or 1 minute out, he's still going to have a $50 bid on it. Some people also get scared off bidding by early bidders so they can get a bargin...what's the rant about??

Yeah I didnt think about that people would get scared of early bidders.

Linn I understand how you would bid I think thats different I just see it differently especially the other people bidding because they dont even come close to bidding the qestion is weather they wanted the card bad enough to place a big bet or they were just doing it to drive the price up because there are alot of spitefull people out there.

To me its a game of poker if you have a good hand (lots of cash to spend) you tease the other people in the game by not telling them what you have, then put a lil bit of money at a time in to get them to play a lil bit then write in the end when you have all there money you place the last bid(show your cards) and bam you win.

Also I thought it could be the sellers friend or the seller with a different name. Driving it up on purpose.

Possibly...but if you're bidding on an exquisite enshrinements, why does it matter if someone puts a $50 bid on it? Your max, if you really want it, is going to be something like $200, which far outweighs them anyhow. That $50 bid might in fact drive a real deal bidder to bid on another card in search of a cheaper price instead of that 1, just in case the early bidder is a serious bidder. Fact is, sometimes a card is going to get an early bidder and yes, they are going to get creamed and lose by alot, but then other times there is going to be an early bidder whom is only outbid in the last 5 seconds or even not at all, and BAM, they have a bargin cause they scared all the competition away.
Swings and roundabouts. You want something bad enough, it doesn;t matter who else bids, and that includes the other Korver bidder whom must hate my guts :D

Yeah I didnt think about that people would get scared of early bidders.

Linn I understand how you would bid I think thats different I just see it differently especially the other people bidding because they dont even come close to bidding the qestion is weather they wanted the card bad enough to place a big bet or they were just doing it to drive the price up because there are alot of spitefull people out there.

To me its a game of poker if you have a good hand (lots of cash to spend) you tease the other people in the game by not telling them what you have, then put a lil bit of money at a time in to get them to play a lil bit then write in the end when you have all there money you place the last bid(show your cards) and bam you win.

Yes.. I agree, auctions bids are like a poker game, that's why i tend to do inconsistent bids as much as possible.. but some people are only looking for bargain, at that point, u will see bidding 50 bucks for 300BV is pretty reasonable.. when people will only try to pay 5-10 bucks and then they would have thought oh, this is serious bidders..

I don't like if the auction is shilling or someone's helping..

yes, i agree it's painful to see meaningless bids sometimes, but i think that's probably, they play their cards differently too..

I don't think people are trying to drive the price up, sometimes, i got outbid, but i would pay 1 more dollar and see how it goes, later, i would win by 3 cents... that's still my range and i won the card i wanted.. but it looks like people are trying to make the price up.. but in fact, we all are trying to get a steal... sometimes ended up not getting the cards and disputes...

Alot of cards we are buying are not what we really wanted, we bought cards for getting a bargain, getting a steal and getting a tradebait reasons, with all those reasons, the price will probably go up unnecessary.. and still, we can see alot of ebay steals day after day... but it's prettty hard to get a bargain on ebay.. I bought cards from ebay, because it's cheaper than busting boxes and cheaper than buying from local card shop.. not because ebay is a bargain place...

Coz what i understand, if i really want a particular card, there will be someone else who will want a card just like me.. i got this guy from France, he outbid me every great Dwight Howard card i wanted.. even without him, there will be alot of other people who are willing to pay odd values.. like dwight enshrinement two weeks ago, someone just made an initial bid at US$100...
it's not shilling or anything... just pure love for the card...

sometimes, it's disappointing, some people manipulate, but as a bidder, i think it's just playing games... unless someone's shilling or helping...

What?

So you don't like people being sensible & sticking to a limit of what they're willing to pay. So what if their initial bid ends up being nowhere near the final bid. They obviously know what they are willing to pay, hoping to get a bargain, and then trying to flip it for a higher amount.

Who ever said its last bid that wins the card??

And how does a bid drive a price up if it never is going to win? Your bid does't need to be any higher then before to win does it. Some people bid to add things to their watch list as well.

Imagine how boring eBay would be if everyone bid in the last 3 seconds. Imagine being a seller with that scenario!

There is no problem with it and it changes and achieves little so add me to the "Whats the problem?" club.

Back
Top Bottom