ICC Champions Trophy Final Thread Australia vs NZ.

Great game from the Aussies!!!!
And Jacko, from your list only 2 of them wold have made an impact, Vettori and Oram

Ryder is averaging over 40 in ODI's and another 40 runs from him could've got us over the line.
Tuffey was averaging 17 as a bowler in the tournament!!
Brilliant stats.

That is irrelivent, the past didn't matter.
I'm sure he would have rose to the occasion.

No doubt injuries hurt us but no point crapping on about if's and but's.

On the day with the teams they had we were 2nd best....now having said that, Macca had a complete shocker....crap shot to get out for 1 then dropped a decent chance - woulda been 56-3 after 20 IF he'd caught it!!!!

Congrats to the aussies and good to see they got Richie Benaud 'bone' memorial jackets!!!!

Also should mention what a terrific effort it was for the Black caps to get there with their team falling apart, Vettori is arguably the best all rounder in world cricket today, averages close to 40 with the bat these days and about 30 with the ball...

Ermm...If you compare average's,Ryder is better then Huss and Haddin.
Haddin average's 32, Huss average's 28 and Ryder average's 35..

I'm sorry but u are having a laugh if u think D Hussey is better than Ryder - have u checked out his stats? The guy averages 50 in tests which is hard to do batting on NZ half your career, including 200 vs arguably the world's best team in India.
Also averages 35 in ODI's at a SR of 93...

Hussey hasn't played a test and averages 28 in ODI's

Haddin is at 40 as a test average and 32 for ODI's - is it just cos Ryder is a kiwi that he's worse or do u have some kind of non statistical proof?

U can crap on all u like about technique - ask any bowler who they'd rather not bowl to outa those 3 and Ryder would be your answer - he times the ball as good as anyone in the game today.....

Dunno why u are all arguing about single players, this is a team game!!

Australia are better then New Zealand, Just look at the STATS as you are all saying!!

Dunno why u are all arguing about single players, this is a team game!!

Australia are better then New Zealand, Just look at the STATS as you are all saying!!

Dunno why u commented - we've already said that. Why don't u read the thread before u put yr oar in....

EXACTLY!!!, Sacha you are right. And you cannot compare Ryder's average with Haddin's, maybe Hussey, number 1 Hussey is a ODI and T20 player not a test player, you cannot compare averages between Ryder and Haddin because one is a top order batsman, he bats all of the time, Haddin is middle order and doesn't bat all the time, you cannot compare

Dunno why u commented - we've already said that. Why don't u read the thread before u put yr oar in....

I did read the whole thing, you are arguing useless crap..

Why dont you go cry somewhere else before we have to read more of your useless crap...

If Ryder bats all the time then that means he has to be consistently making the runs to have a high average.
I would like to stop arguing now.

---------- Post added 07-10-2009 at 02:28 PM ----------

Sacha, he is stating his opinion.
Now P-off and talk in a thread you've had a influence in.

Look - WE SAID CONGRATS AUSSIE - GO READ IT! - then u said David Hussey and Haddin are better than Jesse Ryder - we brought up stats to show he isn't - then u say....U CAN'T COMPARE....

But wait a minute - U WERE THE ONE WHO COMPARED RYDER TO HUSSEY AND HADDIN!!!!

if u wanna say players are better than Ryder, then when we show evidence to say they're not - u pull up the white flag and say..."u can't compare'......

MMMMMMPPPPPPRHHHRH - just handing u yr head......

As for not being able to compare Haddin - he's opened a fair bit and it was u who wanted to compare them....I'd like to know when u have seen Ryder play - we see a lot of AAussie cricket here, u see any NZ cricket unles they're in OZ???

---------- Post added 07-10-2009 at 04:30 PM ----------

I did read the whole thing, you are arguing useless crap..

Why dont you go cry somewhere else before we have to read more of your useless crap...

Don't read it............

Back
Top Bottom