How much have you spent on your Collection?

MJ23BULLS

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Gary.
eBay User
hegotgame15
I always keep track on what I spend, I recently did a complete inventory on what I have spent,
I starting adding up how much I think I could sell for if I wanted to sell up...
I was surprised to say the least.

I have spent $36,500 on MJ cards over the past 3 1/2 years...:eek:

After doing a no Bullsh!t estimate on what I could sell for, I feel I would get close to $70,000 :woot:

That's not taking into account the current AU to U.S conversion rate or ebay/paypal fees I would inquire with selling...

As I have a vast network of MJ collector's I buy and sell to, I would likely be able to off load 1/3 of my collection in a matter of weeks.

The remainder of my collection would take longer to sell but I figured realistic selling prices on everything.

I'm not looking to sell anything (so don't ask).:p
(this is not one of those threads):red:

So the question is, How much have you spent and how much would your collection be worth if you were to sell up???

Well I believe I got back into collecting at completely the wrong time and have spent way more than I would get back... Lucky I didn't get back into it to make a profit just some well needed stress relief! Nothing clears my head like splashing out on the bay!

I'm not sure what iv spent over the years including cards, signed basketballs, signed jerseys, signed pictures, jerseys, hats, DVDs, magazines etc i to would probably struggle to make it back.

Somewhere around $3-4k for me too. Only one big purchase, the Jordan rookie. Everything else under $100 per item.
My weakness is buying boxes, still love busting open a box, much prefer it to buying singles or sets, even if i know the odds are against me investment-wise.

I'm looking at $1542 since the start of the year... who needs a car? :p

If I was to sell at reasonable prices I think I could get around $2000 back :)

I'm just asking how much people sink into their collections and do they expect to get their money back out, if at some stage they want to sell...

I feel like collecting has taken over most of my spare cash(and some I can't spare)...

I just want to know, if i'm not the only one that spends too much!

Sure, I could sell and come out on top with a great profit, but at this stage I cringe when ever I sell anything(unless i'm selling to buy more)...

I don't feel like i'm walking away anytime soon, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom