How did you choose your team?

How did you choose your fanatsy team? All leagues.

• Best player available according to rankings...

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Best players available in your opinion including sleepers...

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Players that fit each of the positions you need to fill all with good backups...

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • You had no idea what you were doing and you picked all scorers...

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Was just interested to see how everyone went about picking their team as there has been lots of trade talk. How did you pick: Here are the complete options as they did not fit above!

a) Best players available according to rankings regardless of the position they played to use as trade bait before and during the season.
b) Best players available in your opinion including sleepers who you think will have a great break out season.
c) Players that fit each of the positions you need to fill all with good backups in each of those positions so to score a decent amount of points in each category without trades on your mind.
or
d) You had no idea what you were doing and you picked all scorers and once the season starts you will realise that you can't buy points in any of the other categories. :D

I chose closest to option c, a well rounded team where I don't really have any intention of trading unless I think the offer is good, plus a little bit of b in terms of players that will have good years.

Post your vote to the closest option you went with plus some comments.

I'm only playing NBL Sportal, because it's less hectic than Fantasy NBA. The NBA schedule is much larger and much more frequent than that of the NBL and I don't want it to consume me.

I chose B, players who were the best in my opinion. I'm confident on my perception of players and my knowledge.

Example, Nick Horvath, Centre of the Adelaide 36ers was only worth $43,000 in the beginning, because he had been out with injury prior to the season. I knew he was a gun and he's shot up to a price of about $88,500 now and he has been one of the top 5 most productive centres in NBL fantasy basketball.

Ebi Ere was also not worth much, now he's over $90,000 and he is one of my most consistent fantasy developers, up from about $70,000.

I chose the third option. I'm fairly happy with my team on here, besides the early injuries to a couple of guys and on second thoughts might hold out on trades for a while.

A & C

I tried to use strat C all the way, but there were some good players that were just being passed up on round after round (eg. Amare, Josh Smith, Speedy Claxon, Damon Stoudamire), so drafted them as well and had to choose 2 Cs with my last 2 picks otherwise i would have had a really lopsided team :D

*sigh* I wish I had done fantasy basketball :( that will teach me for next time....

I might be less bored had I have done so.....

But I would have needed category E) - players I loved and had to have even tho they may do crap LOL

Back
Top Bottom