Honours1 Vs Future Force

Infinity200

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Glen
Hey Guys,

I'm just after anyones advice or infomation on what they know about Future Force from previous years, as in-would you think it is a better series to purchase a case from for Signature cards instead of Honours?

As I only started collecting again this year after 20 years of not collecting, I purchased 5 or 6 boxes of Honours from a case share and also had a play with 2014 Champions as my first master set to complete.

I honestly am pretty dissapointed with Select Honours 1 as I would of thought that the signatures in the series would be a bit more valuable??? As the ratio is 1/8 for a Brownlow Signature and I luckily hit 2 of these Paul Kelly & Malcom Blight late last week, as I am only collecting Essendon from the series I thought I would get them out there and sell them off quickly before the Market is flooded with more and they drop in value.

I watched a few sell on Ebay last week and there was at least 5 or 6 up for sale all around $299.00 Buy It Now and not 1 sold, the only ones that had sold were ones that had been listed as an auction or pre sale, the auction Signature's sold for $200-$230 unless low numbered. I sold mine for $215 & $225 as i had a buyer outside of Ebay put in an offer and with Ebay fees and pay pal and postage, I took the offer as none of the ones listed at a higher price sold.

I would of though a 1/8 box card $1360 worth on boxes and the card is valued at $200-$250 max, Its just my opinion but would like to here what other people thought of the Honours and also would I be better off putting my money into Future Force as I am still learning all the series that are released each year and I would rather purchase a case as there is way too much case searching going on these days,

Cheers guys

One thing to take into consideration with future force is the risk of players with signatures not being drafted. Which leads to value decreasing

Hey buddy I have heard of that happening, Im not in it too make alot of money its more the i suppose you call it satisfaction of hitting that signature card that you know is very rare or also very high in value..

You have it all to gain, with future force at $50 a box a decent signature can go 250+ even a higher ratio signature would sell $50 if drafted

tbh I find with AFL cards there's perception and then there's reality.

There's a lot of AFL sig cards endlessly recycled through eBay with BIN prices between $250-400

I couldn't even auction off a Swan Brownlow Sig redemption from Eternity with a starting price of $170. Then I had someone offer me $150 for it. I never relented though and ended up selling it for a fair price... but no where near what some people are asking.

And I feel this year's Brownlow sigs will end up like last year's Gamebreakers; they'll start out selling between $200-250, but in 6 months you could probably pick one up for $150.

I agree there's cases where you feel like they should hold a higher value, but either buyers are too cheap (and I say this having just sold a similar NRL redemption for a healthy price with absolutely no dramas) or sellers need to lower their eyes.

Last edited:
Good post, I thought the Signatures were going low last year so I did not buy honours this year.

Future Force is where I would be, hit a gold signature and you are a happy camper.

Thanks guys, Sounds like Future Force is going to be the go, I think I will be investing in a case, I heard it has been around $800 mark for a case in previous years?? And thats the best part about it is busting the packs and hitting that signature!! Ive done a bit of research into future force and looking forward to hopefully hitting that Nice Gold.. Well that does leave Honours 2 next year maybe out of the picture, but who knows they may do a Ablett Brownlow Sig and number it to 50, Then something like that would probable entice me to maybe bust a few boxes.. :)

Future force is a lot of fun but once you hit the sig becomes boring, that's why you see a lot of unopened packs on eBay, saying that my plan is to buy 2 cases if I can get them and bust 1 straight away and the other on draft day if I can hold out

That's a great Idea !! I think ill only be able to afford 1 but 2 and hold one till draft day well it would be awsome to do so but very hard to hold out knowing you have all those packs to bust open.. yeah it annoys me that people search cases and boxes, and sell off all the other boxes and packets cheap as unless you know about case searching you never will have a chance at hitting that Gold Sig.
It explains why there's so many cheap boxes from last years series on ebay and that have been sold.

I do sell unopened packets on eBay myself of future force but I made sure that I said in the add that there from a box where the sig is gone, honesty is the best option

I just assumed they would be mate- Heard a rumor that next year they are taking out the DPS from Honours 2 and working Future Force into the Honours series,don't know how true it is.

I don't buy any boxes apart from future force, if series 2 had a card I want I just buy the individual card. Future force is where it's at for me

I went to the hobby show in Preston Melbourne today and seen a few blokes who had card stalls and they seem to agree that Select have not done a very good job with Honours. . Appreciate the feedback as I am definitely looking at getting a case of FF as everyone has pretty much said go FF over series 2..

Yeah that's it mate, some FF golds have been going cheap over the last few months, spewing I spent so much getting them as soon as I could, it'll always be easier to get sets of golds post 2012 as there is 40, 2012 was the best series in my oppinion as there was only 30. Hope they don't go to 50 golds this year

Back
Top Bottom