Highest ever rookie card sold?

bomber5

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Smoochie
Im just in disbelief and shock.

Is there any history in the highest valued sold card in afl/vfl history where a player that has NEVER played a afl game, has a card that has sold for more than $500 let alone $1000+ in the Gold sig Joe Daniher that sold on ebay for something like $1125 2 months ago or so.

Next question is tkaeing account on the previous question, Jack Viney, Joe Daniher etc have yet to play a game, has there ever been a FIRST year player in that matter that has had a card value of more than $500?

Im in shock and dont know if Joe Daniher now has the largest valued afl/vfl card and has yet to play a game for essendon.

Very interesting and please post up what you find.

It's mainly the fact that they are only numbered /30 (29 actually as Select keeps #01) that lead to this price for the card, as well as a solid Bombers collecting base + highly rated father son.

I'm sure there would be some NBA rookies that had /1, /5 or /10 cards that would have gone for prices like these too...

Will be interesting to see how the price for these cards fluctuates in the next year or so...

nah doesnt really qualify under same bracket. Daniher hasnt played a game yet lol

Banana, we cant really include NBA rookies because we all know how desireable they are and end of the day its a world wide sport so the demand for cards is alot higher than afl so the prices will of course be higher. im talking purely AFL here,

i'm with you bomber5. i don't get it too. yeah there's only 30 gold's. there's no doubt joe daniher will be a great player all bar injury. there's two gold daniher's on ebay one for $1500 and the other for $1600 or best offer that have been on a while. i also noticed a vlastuin gold for $1200 or best offer, which has had 5 declines. there's also a case for $1800 , you can ask anything but does'nt mean your going to get it.

I have proof one sold for 1225$ , mate he hasn't played a game lol regardless of 30 made, or 2 made lol $1225 for a guy who hasn't yet kicked the ball lol. I've seen 1/1 go for a lot less than that in a world wide sport where championships have been won and there cards hit 500 lol joe daniher is the highest ever card to sell at a level where a professional game has yet to be played is what I'm trying to say

James Hird Brownlow Competition Card 19/20 just went for $610 lol half of what the last Daniher went for...

Exactly and
James Hird
won 2 premierships ,
1 brownlow,
captain from 98-05 ,
was essendons leading goal kicker in 95 and 96,
5 all Australian appearances
Card value on average $500

Joe daniher milestone -
Pick 10 under father son lol

Card value for gold auto on average 800-1000

Wtf

Personally, i think those prices mentioned are well overs and the cards wont sustain the value over time.

Even the ever exclusive captain signatures first done by select have shown dips.

Only time will tell i guess..

Massive overs for sure. Similar things happen each year with baseball and NRL cards - it's nothing more than speculation and akin to gambling.

And if Daniher turns out to be a superstar then Select will churn out Sig cards of him year after year and undermine the value of the card anyway.:p

Is ice hockey unique to canada as afl to Australia? If the answer is yes then check out some of the Sidney crosby? Rookie cards. Just trying to compare.

Have other rookie release autos even come out in AFL before?
My gut feel is its either die hard Melbourne or bombers fans buying up or people just buying on potential, which IMO, i cant see it paying off in the long run.

Another thing i dont get with you afl and possibly nrl boys is the low numbers demanding a higher price tag. :/ is it because select keeps the #1's? If so, why do they do it?

Back
Top Bottom