Here it is.....THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated.

Ron: I will probably tuck it under the pillow each night! And yes, AB did the numbers which was a nice touch.

Ryan: Not from Adelaide mate, it came from Victoria.

Greencardy: Futera File covers baseball, NBL, Formula 1, cricket, rugby union and surfing, as well as promo cards, 4-ups and samples. Here are a couple of pics - you should still be able to get it from Card Zone.

F1.jpg

F2 baseball.jpg

F5 F1.jpg

futera file is about $30 from cardzone.

On an aside Brad, how do you recommend storage of valuable cards. Do you have a safe?. I don't have an overly valuable collection but i worry sometimes. I guess i rely on any break and enter to be more concerned about other more mundane things like cash and jewellery.

Very nice mate! Hey, how come it's /50 on the card and /500 on the cert? (I don't collect cricket so it's prolly a stupid question...) :)

Ron: yeah my high end are under lock and key (just for peace of mind).....but you are right, I would think that anyone breaking in would probably not reach for that stuff - I've made sure they would have a hard time finding it!

Adhunt - only the first 50 redemptions had the gold seal indicating a signed redemption, the following 450 redemptions were without the gold seal and came unsigned.

Here is a pic of the unsigned version compared to the signed version:

1993 Border Master 1.jpg

AB 3 front.jpg

Duuuuuuuude!
I am sorry I missed this thread - I don't know how !?!
I knew you were going for this card from our conversations but I must say I wasn't sure you would post a picture so I am THRILLED you have!

What an absolute AWESOME card.......I have NEVER seen one anywhere so I thank you for posting a few pictures of it as I too bought many packs back in 1993 hoping to get one.

What a ripper, man you must be thrilled! Congrats on your purchase :thumbsup:

Thanks Richo, I wasn't sure if I would post it either but I thought there would be a lot of people who wouldn't have seen this card, and as this site is all about sharing information and helping other collectors I thought it might enlighten people about how good some of the early redemptions were from Futera - and also highlight how Select have really dropped the ball from a cricket point of view, as this is the sort of stuff we want from them - at least one high-end item per release.....is that too much to ask?!

And by the way I haven't forgotten the scan I promised you of that flyer!! I'll ge that too you before the year is out I promise!

I was at my uncles house years ago and dad reckons he busted this card from a box! He lives in Adelaide...did you get it from Adelaide mate?

Spot on there cus and If I remember right which actually brought the box from the same place in rundle mall that we eventually sold it to, so the one you saw for sale there years back probably would have been the same one my old man pulled lol.

Congrats on the pick up mate it truely is an epic card.

Thanks Richo, I wasn't sure if I would post it either but I thought there would be a lot of people who wouldn't have seen this card, and as this site is all about sharing information and helping other collectors I thought it might enlighten people about how good some of the early redemptions were from Futera - and also highlight how Select have really dropped the ball from a cricket point of view, as this is the sort of stuff we want from them - at least one high-end item per release.....is that too much to ask?!

And by the way I haven't forgotten the scan I promised you of that flyer!! I'll ge that too you before the year is out I promise!

Hehe no worries mate!
PS - I got a nice little Cricket mailday coming up so check it out here:

Back
Top Bottom