Help Wanted Qld Origin ball needs selling for charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Michelle Hayes
eBay User
SRRFsmilingforsmiddy
Hello, no idea what we are doing. Queensland Rugby League kindly donated to us a 2016 signed State of Origin ball with an authentification certificate to sell off to raise money for Smiling for Smiddy, the Mater Hospital Medical Research Centre in Brisbane.

This ball is not displayed in anyway. What would be the best price to start an eBay auction off at?

We just want to raise as much money as we can for Cancer Research and our Noosa Triathlon Team.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle and the Team.

Hi Michelle,

I think you might be best using your Noosa Triathlon team to sell raffle tickets rather than use an Ebay auction if the goal is to maximise money raised for charity. I think you may be lucky to get $200 for it as is. I've seen signed balls in a display case sell for less. The display cases aren't cheap maybe $100 but I think presentation would be important.

I might be wrong but I think it is hard to reach out to peoples compassionate side thru an ebay auction where as I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy a $5 ticket in a raffle. 10 people sell sell 10 tickets and you've got $500

Good luck maybe others will have an alternate opinion.

Regards

Hi Michelle,

I think you might be best using your Noosa Triathlon team to sell raffle tickets rather than use an Ebay auction if the goal is to maximise money raised for charity. I think you may be lucky to get $200 for it as is. I've seen signed balls in a display case sell for less. The display cases aren't cheap maybe $100 but I think presentation would be important.

I might be wrong but I think it is hard to reach out to peoples compassionate side thru an ebay auction where as I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy a $5 ticket in a raffle. 10 people sell sell 10 tickets and you've got $500

Regards

I would happily buy a couple of raffle tickets for 5 bucks each.

Hi Michelle,

Regards
Raised over $700 for a mate that past family with a unframed dogs jersey and a bottle of scotch. Definitely the way to go imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom