[HELP]Custom Designed Cards

GiRDS-

Collecting UFC Bobbleheads
Real Name
Aron
eBay User
Okay so i have designed something im happy with however i think prinitng this is going to be a real pain or near impossible to do myself.

Marshall.png

Slater.png

Widdop.png

Hodges.png

Basically i was wondering does anyone know the exact material select print their cards on?

does anyone know any professional prinitng companies i may be able to take this too?

does anyone know the printing company select use?

i know this year it was in china but it hasnt always been that way has it?

---------- Post added 29-04-2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

added the rest of the designs now.

They look good Aron nice work...
I'm interesting in printing my own cards as well so let me know how you go.

Nice cards Aron, only problem i see with them there are no Dragons players :) not sure regarding your questions but am also keen to find out...

Cheers AY. only dragons render i have is soward if i wasnt so lazy i'd make one myself however i am lazy.

You want to use a graphic cardboard. There are a number of different grades though.

Go to Printing. Commercial Printing Services in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Australia and shoot them an email - tell them what your doing and they should be able to help. I use these guys to print things and i could not be happier with their results and service.

They look really good man - you have done a great job.

thank you so much i will email then.

Nice work GiRDS-:thumbsup:

IMO, one thing that lets them down a bit is using mirror reverse pictures of the players.

thanks mate.

i reversed the hodges i think the rest are just how they are.

They look good Aron nice work...
I'm interesting in printing my own cards as well so let me know how you go.

Cheers Stephan will be emailing them now so will post results once i get them.

---------- Post added 29-04-2011 at 07:38 PM ----------

Taking into account victors comments i have altered the design a little.

also calling them a Game Breaker Signature Series. makes it more interesting.

Marshall-1.png

Slater-1.png

Widdop-1.png

Their is a web site in America that lets you design your own cards & downlond the grahics & they print your cards & they post them out to you in 2-4 weeks at a very reasonable cost.
A mate of mine did this & was very happy with quality & price & delivery. I'll ask him over the weekend & get the details for you.

Cheers for that george would be great.

i have emailed the company oneil linked so waiting to hear back fro them. happy to get them done twice though to test out how they come out.

Hate to put a dampner on your cards but just be careful on what you do with these as if you decide to sell these for a profit and the NRL get wind of it you could be up for a lot of money in court costs and other expenses as there are licence fees to use a players picture for profit ...

There is copy write on the NRL Logo , Team Logos and all the sponsers names .....If it was that easy to make the cards don`t you think someone else would have produced different cards before now ....

As Select has the licence for the next few years I guess we will just have to put up with what they produce until another company get the licence from select ....

Good idea and I guess a lot of effort but just something to think of before you go ahead with your plans ......

Hate to put a dampner on your cards but just be careful on what you do with these as if you decide to sell these for a profit and the NRL get wind of it you could be up for a lot of money in court costs and other expenses as there are licence fees to use a players picture for profit ...

There is copy write on the NRL Logo , Team Logos and all the sponsers names .....If it was that easy to make the cards don`t you think someone else would have produced different cards before now ....

As Select has the licence for the next few years I guess we will just have to put up with what they produce until another company get the licence from select ....

Good idea and I guess a lot of effort but just something to think of before you go ahead with your plans ......

Right on the button there Warren, you might want to get yourself some advice from an appropriately qualified person to make sure you are not going to step on any landmines

they arent going to be for sale or anything.

just for me to keep at home, maybe on display.

i understand what your saying though

Cheers for the advice.

Their is a web site in America that lets you design your own cards & downlond the grahics & they print your cards & they post them out to you in 2-4 weeks at a very reasonable cost.
A mate of mine did this & was very happy with quality & price & delivery. I'll ask him over the weekend & get the details for you.

G'day Girds heres the web address to the website MyTradingCards.com - Make Your Custom Trading Cards
Regards George

yeh sent them an email they had too many requirements.

they wanted my .psd file to edit it with the topps logo

Back
Top Bottom