Hello from New Orleans

Tricky Kid

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Marco
Well, I just happened to stumble across this site while surfing the web and it was an eye-opening experience. I had no idea that they collected some of the same kind of cards in Australia as they do in the US. It looks like the NBA is alive and well. Where do you all buy cards? Do you have card shops or do some stores carry them? Or do you buy mostly online? Well anyway, to quote Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America":

"I am very happy to be here!"

Peace.

Well, I just happened to stumble across this site while surfing the web and it was an eye-opening experience. I had no idea that they collected some of the same kind of cards in Australia as they do in the US. It looks like the NBA is alive and well. Where do you all buy cards? Do you have card shops or do some stores carry them? Or do you buy mostly online? Well anyway, to quote Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America":

"I am very happy to be here!"

Peace.

Welcome to the site...how is New Orleans looking nowadays (since the hurricane?)
We have maybe 4 or 5 dedicated card stores across the whole country...there aren't to many other stores that carry them either...mainly newsagents. We don't have enough collectors in Australia for the stores to justify carrying the products.
Most of us get our cards from Ebay in the US or a few trusted box sellers over there...and we also trade a lot amongst ourselves and with our other international members.

Enjoy your time here!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies.

Two and a half years later and New Orleans is still recovering. it's going to take years, but at least we got our basketball team back. Go Hornets! I'm going to check them out against the Lakers on Friday. I take it you all catch a lot of NBA games over there?

Yes, I was able to make it to the Jam Session. Stopped at the Upper Deck booth and got some cool promo cards of Jordan, Lebron, Chris Paul, Kobe and somebody else I can't think of right now. Topps had a booth too. Missed out on getting autographs of Rudi Gay and Antawn Jamison (showed up too late and they had stopped allowing people in the line). Missed out on the East and West practices also, I heard they had a half-court shot making contest after practice. Got to see the top of Dwayne Wade's head - he was pretty popular with the crowd. I should have done my homework before going to see when everything was. There was so much going on and it was impossible to see everything, but cool nonetheless.

Welcome mate. :thumbsup:

How much does it cost to see an NBA game these days in New Orleans?

On the upper level, the cheap seats are $10 and go on up to $30. On the lower level, they start at $45 and go up to $150 and then up to several hundred for courtside.

On the upper level, the cheap seats are $10 and go on up to $30. On the lower level, they start at $45 and go up to $150 and then up to several hundred for courtside.

How many of those lower level seats near courtside are held by season ticket holders though? I assume most of those seats aren't free most of the season, unless you know someone that can get you a seat that close?

Seems like decent pricing all things considered. :v:

New Orleans has been a football town for the longest and it took the city a while to get used to having an NBA team and right when the Hornets seemed to have carved out a strong following, the storm hit and the team went away for two years. Now that they're back, they seemed to have started from scratch. Attendance wasn't that great the first half of the season, but football season ending and having the All-Star game in town has re-energized things and the games have been selling out consistently lately.

So to answer your question, the Hornets are probably on the lower end in the league as far as season ticket sales are concerned, so getting seats near courtside is not entirely impossible, especially if you have the money.

But yeah, the pricing is pretty reasonable all things considered.

Welcome aboard :) Yep cards are alive here, but unfortunately card shops are not. Online is the way to go pretty much with a few small exceptions.

Hope you enjoy your time here :)

Ben

welcome to the boards mate new orleans is one of the only places in amercia that id love to visit Its a bit of a bummer how hurrican went through it had such great music history and just history in genreal I hope fully go there one day along with new york. Do you collect cp3 or who do you collect card wise? Cp3 is my fav player I love that guy along with timmy D Wake forest projects.

I open up packs and whoever I get, that's who I'm collecting. :)

New Orleans is well worth the visit if only for the food. Carnival time is memorable also.

Back
Top Bottom