GTA V who else is playing?

Well how is everyone going on GTA Online?

I have a 205k Apartment with a 10 car garage currently with 5 vehicles which are: Fusilade, Bati 801RR, Dominator, Futo and Elegy RH8 which are all heavily visually modded!

I also have 90k in the bank! :)

Dang son, you've got it going on! I'm very much like Ben, struggling to find time to play it. Now and then I'll get a session in, more often than not I'll be playing single player trying to knock off a few things (on my ways to 100% completion).

I need to hook up with some dudes online, only rank 8 or something I think, possibly not even that high.

Yeh, a mate of mine is hassling me incessantly to get on there and play, and he says the online mode is rediculously good.. but I'm not 15 anymore, I have all this stupid real life stuff going on that gets in the way of spending 10hrs a day playing gta and smoking bongs.. hahaha
j/k I don't blaze up anymore:(, but when I'm driving around and that Snoop Dogg / Dr Dre song 'Still' comes on I wish I was high as a motherfu**er! haha :kick:

Dang son, you've got it going on! I'm very much like Ben, struggling to find time to play it. Now and then I'll get a session in, more often than not I'll be playing single player trying to knock off a few things (on my ways to 100% completion).

I need to hook up with some dudes online, only rank 8 or something I think, possibly not even that high.

Im level 58! Maybe we should play together?

Play whenever i can. At level 33 atm. Made some good money and leveled up quick doing nothing but races but got sick of everyone taking each other so givin em a rest for a bit. Got the 205k appartment and couple of cars goin on. Im on PS, my PSN is DVS969...... Be good to get some good peeps to do the higher level missions with, so many douches around that are useless or don't wanna work as a team.

I think this GTA is way better than the last one, found the one with the Russian so damn boring and to say I was disappointed is an understatement, Wish GTA 5 was longer and more missions, plus it would have been great if you could have open end Heist missions, found them wicked to play, waiting for the day where every building for sale and you can enter them all, maybe GTA 20 lol

So earlier this week I got an change.org email about a petition going around started by a (former?) sex worker looking to have Target remove GTA5 from sale.

Her argument is that it encourages and incentivises sexualised violence and torture against women.

I didn't sign and dismissed it as another vocal minority kicking up a fuss.

Well it turns out she was successful, as yesterday Target agreed to remove GTA5 from sale. And today K-Mart has followed suit.

Obviously the craziest thing about this is that GTA5 was originally released last year, and these this petition seem to be targeting the recent re-release on PS4 and XBOXOne, due to the fact the first-person view and higher visual fidelity increases the graphic nature of the game, despite being largely unchanged.

My problem is that games are such low hanging fruit for societies problems. People are always afraid of new media; if its not an erotic novel its a horror movie, if its not a horror movie its a rap album, if its not a rap album its a violent video games.

Yet despite the introduction of a Restricted classification - one which Target and K-Mart were following - we are still having this goddamned debate.

GTA5 is merely a game that reflects life, and sub-human monsters will always pervade society. Banning video games doesn't change this, and in fact only makes decent people angry.

The beauty of GTA5 is it presents a game world that ask players moral questions. Games that present such questions yet only allow moral outcomes are entirely pointless. Why ask the question in the first place? Where is the test?

What hasn't helped the debate is the people jumping to the defence of the game by pointing out the level of violence permissible on male characters. This is missing the point of the petition starter's argument; its not like you can go pick up a male prostitute, or go to a male strip club. Its the women that are being objectified here, and that objectification then crosses into sexualised violence when you can shoot up said strip clubs, or murder the aforementioned prostitute and steal you money back.

Its like those guys that complain about White Ribbon Day, despite the fact that Domestic Violence statistics are heavily slanted towards female victims than men.

Ultimately I abhor censorship of this nature, especially when its to appease a vocal minority. But Target and K-Mart are entitled to choose what they sell and what they don't. Speciality retailers (EB, JB) will in all likelihood keep it on their shelves.

But this correlation between violent video games and criminal acts is about as certain as me become a town planner after playing Sim City. The evidence doesn't exist, but its doesn't stop it from being an easy target.

Back
Top Bottom