GTA V who else is playing?

Cobretti

Fleer Collector
Real Name
Dominik
Well I picked up my special edition copy of the game, pretty sweet. Got it on PS3 as at the time of GTA IV i didn't own a 360.

Check it out about to embark on a long session lol.
.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no idea lol. But that sounds more like postal 2 back in my day haha.

I was gonna get it on 360 but since 4 is on ps3 i said why not lol.

This game will be much better on PC though with high res textures.
Yeah I have seen there are bears and cougars lol.

Having a dog on the game would be pretty sweet!

playing :D, only played a few hours so far, but very fun game, it's good you can roam around and find missions yourself or do the storyline which leads to other missions, can't wait for multiplayer.

It apparently cost them like $250 million to make the game and they made $850 million in the first day :eek:

Yep, this is true! Already topped the $1b mark! They havent disclosed how many copies they've sold, but it has to be close to (if not over), the 10 million range!!

I was there for the midnight launch, was pretty cool. Spent the first 2 days playing it, and pretty much just stuffed around. Havent played a LOT since, but still progressing (close to 40% through).

Fantastic game, one of the best as far as entertainment value goes. Gameplay is still the same, just a couple of small things added.

For all you gamers, check out OzGameCentral, in particular our reviews on GTA V and other games, topics, discussions, etc. http://www.ozgamecentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=72&p=5876#p5876

Got a ps3 bundle today for $400 brand new from eb games.500gb console plus 3 games included. gta v, beyond two souls and the last of us for. Kept gta sold the other 2 for $115. So technically paid $285 for a new console and gta v. Got the gta v book guide for $40. I'm playing it now. Sweet intro looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

About half way through the game. The Trevor missions are the best. The rampage missions are a lot of fun. The guide is very helpful. Just finished getting all the scrap letters. Next is finding all 50 spaceship parts then after that the stunt jumps. There's so many side missions, the best gta by far.

Finished this the other night, I felt GTA IV was better. Every character in GTA V is an insufferable shitbag, and I prefer Liberty City. Los Santos is big, but dull. Plus the driving was a lot more fun in IV.

With the exception of the interactions of Franklin & Lamar, which I found enthralling, I totally agree that most of the characters in V are shallow and don't hold a candle to the authenticity of those from IV. No one as cool as Little Jacob, or as genuine as Dwayne Forge. As per the city mimicking the hollywood area, so do most of the characters you would expect to find there..
There needed to be more key characters living in the north IMO.

Trevor is too over the top and excessively obnoxious to be a believable character and Michael just doesn't get his sh*t together all game to have any real impact on the game emotionally.

Its as if Rock* wanted the characters to be more like that other GTA rip off game.

For what it lacks in character depth though, GTA V makes up for in game depth, it is a much more vibrant game, due to its size it affords multiple locales, not just city block after city block...
There is a lot more life existing in the game and non-mission activities.
The variety of missions adds so much more depth to the game including setting up the heists and choosing alternate options.

Though there is a distinct lack of titty bars... I mean 1 strip club??? in a whole city supposed to mimick Hollywood... come on!!

I suppose we can all rejoice in the fact that this will be the last GTA on the last gen consoles and revel in the fact that 6 years from now GTA VI will be on the PS4!

Or you can be like me and wait patiently for the PC release and all the crazy game modders to go nucking futs with the game and patch all the things that should have been included in the original release. ")

tbh I found a lot of the missions to be really underwhelming. This felt like the easiest GTA, all of the missions last for about 10 minutes, and some of them are laughable (*drive to a shop and buy 4 masks* MISSION COMPLETED). I never really got a great sense of satisfaction after completing them. There was no tension.

The heists were a bit of a tease too. The setup is entirely out of your hands as you are presented with two obvious binary choices, either guns blazing through the front door or sneaking quietly through the back. And the heists themselves were largely just switching between 3 guys doing the same thing, covering and firing. Or two cover firing while one is in a vehicle. They could have been so much more dynamic.

As usual the best missions are the one where you're left up to your own devices, such as any assassination mission. You're given a target, their location and the rest is left up to you - its this sort of free-form gameplay I prefer. GTA is by and large about the game telling where to go, what to do, with what and whom, and if you step outside those parameters its mission fail.

As for the map, I just found the desert was just filler that padded out any mission where you had to traverse it. Sure there are the little random events, and bounty missions, but they are few and far between and generally one of two things, picking someone up and driving them somewhere, or finding and killing someone. I get that the locale can be a character in itself and not every square inch has to be interesting, but it reminded me a lot of Red Dead Redemption where it was mostly just vast empty space.

I find there is no impetus to explore, like there is in something like Fallout or Elder Scrolls. And this is no more obvious than when the main story is completed. Sure now that its all over I could do all the races, parachute jumps, stunt jumps, find the scraps and UFO parts, but I find those sorts of fetch quests dull and unrewarding.

That all said, I can see the DLC chapters coming. There were far too many signification locations that were either never used or underutilized. So maybe they'll do something more interesting with those.

Yeah I agree with some of this, the game simply wasnt big/long enough for me. It took me a while to complete it (not 100% yet), but others had it done in a day or 2.

When you boast about having THE biggest open world map EVER, you need to cover more areas, and make use of some more iconic places. I mean, there were NO interactions with the prison (other than a random escapee who'll try to jack your car and/or shoot you), the NOOSE HQ, all the industrial factories (other than one late in the game) and definitely could have touched more on the underwater areas. Yes, you can go underwater twice in a sub (depending on your choices in one of the "Heist" Missions, and also once with scuba gear, but the size of the map, should have saw more missions underwater. - note, you can purchase a dock which will give you access to a sub, for a 2hr mission which will net you around $600k, but only if you WANT to, not HAVE to.

So many buildings, but so few entry points, simply no where NEAR enough interaction with the buildings, and shops, etc. Yes, we can rob shops, but NONE of the restaurants! Should have had a lot more property to buy. I'm right on the $500m mark with each character, with 2 more Assassination Missions (Lester's missions for Franklin), which should see me tip the $1.5b-$2b mark, and with the Golf Club the most expensive at $150m, what do I do after that!?! Should have been more places to spend your coin. - and with the current car/garage glitches which will sometimes lose your cars, you don't wanna be spending millions on the exotic cars if they're going to disappear.

I was shattered to see no car export side missions at the docks, like previous GTAs. Could have been a real money maker for the none-investors on the Stock Markets! And how crap was it for Franklin to be able to buy a Los Customs Shop, all the way in hicksville (Trevor Country) when he's a city/hood boy, only to not have access to free shit in other LC shops. ie, you have to drive all the way out to pimp your ride, only to smash it up on your trip back to the City! IMO, anyone of these 3 characters should have had access to buy any property!

That's my little rant done, on to the plus-sides! I really liked the characters, thought they were well designed, and unveiled. Don't forget that we're dealing with 3 dudes all at once, not just dealing with a single "Niko Belic" or "Claude", so their story/history can't be fully told entirely through the main story, only in short glimpses, since we're always switching characters. It would have been nice to be able to impulsively interact with each character, rather than during missions, or by phoning them to hangout. ie, Franklin to rock up at Michael's house, and have a beer or something random as opposed to something scripted.

Other than what I consider a short game (given the map size), there's a stack of side missions, the Freaks and Strangers missions were cool, but again, not enough on such a massive map. The always-expected "collect this" and "jump that" bonuses will have us playing a little longer, but only because there's a lot of them, and without the guides, they're very had to find.

Massive, massive game, but could have been bigger! The hints of upcoming DLCs might make things more interesting, but we don't yet know if they'll be single player, or Online Mode....

Speaking of, Online Mode IS something special. Same size open-world map, with a lot to do, but if you're the lone wolf gamer, you'll find yourself short on entertainment after not too long. The emphasis on "Crews" is huge, and most definitely a necessity if you want to get anywhere playing Online. Too many missions require at least 2 people, and running with randoms with no communications, simply won't do.

Making money Online is really tough early on. I play a lot on my own, and am currently residing to robbing convenient stores for $1500 a pop (and 2-3 stars depending on who I shoot), and with not enough cash to buy an apartment, it's sometimes tough making my way to an ATM to deposit the money safely.

Still a top game, and plenty left for me to do and see, and if anyone can ever crack the code about the Mt Chiliad and the UFO mysteries, we'll have more to see and do no doubt!!

Back
Top Bottom