Greg Chappell game used bat!

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Hi guys,

This is just an amazing piece of memorabilia that I still cannot believe has found its way into my collection - here is the Gray-Nicolls scoop used by Greg Chappell in the 1977 Manchester Ashes Test Match...in which he made 44 and 112. :worthy:

The bat has been lightly sanded and signed by the full 1977 Australian Ashes squad along with the English team from the 4th Test. As well as the signature on the front it has also been signed twice by Greg Chappell on the back of the bat. :kick:

It arrived in the mail today and I have been in total awe of it since I got home from the post office. The incredible condition of this bat, the clarity of all the sigs, the game-used wear to the handle grip, the bold sig at the bottom of the back of the bat, the beautiful iconic Scoop itself.......I am just stunned at just how good this bat is in hand!!

Enjoy the pics!! :thumbsup:

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

chappell 1977 2.jpg

WOW mate that is amazing! Been wondering what you were waiting on!
Besides everything you already mentioned in your post I also love the inscriptions :worthy:

Have to take that down the park for a hit :p

wow what a beautiful bat of one of the best
im a huge fan of game used memorabilia!!

One hell of a piece you have,
bet it wouldn't have been an easy find!!

WOW!!!!!!!!

Next to your Dad's Bat, that is the best in your Museum!!

Ah yes!! But my old man's bat doesn't get to live out the rest of it's days in the luxury of a Don Mambo hand-crafted bat case!!

Thanks for the magnificent bat case Dan - I had to find something special to put in it and I think I've done it! :thumbsup:

If any of you mob have a bat you want to keep safe, get in touch with Dan (mamboblue72) - I can't emphasise enough just how solid and well made this is - true craftmanship, thanks mate! :v:

Bat case 1.jpg

Ah yes!! But my old man's bat doesn't get to live out the rest of it's days in the luxury of a Don Mambo hand-crafted bat case!!

Thanks for the magnificent bat case Dan - I had to find something special to put in it and I think I've done it! :thumbsup:

If any of you mob have a bat you want to keep safe, get in touch with Dan (mamboblue72) - I can't emphasise enough just how solid and well made this is - true craftmanship, thanks mate! :v:

Thanks Brad,

Maddie and i are Chuffed to see this! Thanks for the Plug too!
Once again great pick up on the GC Bat!!

That is an awesome pick up.....nice to see that item become part of the Ozcards PC!

Had to stop back in to check out these awesome pics and now they are even sweeter!
That case really sets it off!

thats amazing mate! :) Loving the scoop!!!

Just out of interest also, I have to send a bat through the mail myself in the next few days...any tips on how that person you got it off packaged it etc?

Thanks!

Thanks guys, this will take some beating for my best purchase of 2010!

Yes Liam I've been drooling over my own pics too - I just love this bat. I have been on the hunt for some time for a GN Scoop in great condition - preferably a GC Master, as that was the top of the range Scoop in the mid-80s. Little did I think I would end up with one that GC himself made a hundred with! My old man was at all 5 days of the Manchester Test in 1977 and saw him raise this bat so that is a nice touch also.

Ryan it was sent in bubble wrap and a narrow cardboard box - wasn't overly thrilled with the packaging given it came all the way from the UK, but fortunately made it here without any issues. They are not an easy item to post, so perhaps I shouldn't be too critical, however with an item like this one I was wanting it as well packed as possible!

mate that is one sweet bat:) What a pickup! Well done. Thanks for sharing such a awesome peice of memrabilia.They where such good bats to use if u where lucky enough to afford one.

I must have come looking at these photos a dozen times now I reckon... and I still get a semi every time...

Awesome Brad, just awesome, and Im loving the blue lining to the case - sets it off a treat!!

That is a legend of a bat, the good old scoop. Great work Brad, you sure do have a unique cricket collection :thumbsup:.

Back
Top Bottom