Going for a set

Bopol

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brian
Has anyone ever gone for or got a whole set of cards and by set I mean like all 10 if it is numbered to 10 or whatever. Is that a good idea to do?

Mate I'm currently going for a set - 08/09 hot prospects rookie/auto patches #ed /399

I'll tell you what it's great! At first it was a bit daunting but so far I'm up to 24/32 and it's great having them all side by side.

What's more if you collect a rookie set and complete it, you could be getting yourself into a huge investment. I picked up sweet 3 colour patches and auto's of guys like Brook Lopez, Jason Thompson, Marreese Speights, Anthony Randolph for prices that weren't premium, because people are hyped on about Mayo, Rose, Beasley and Westbrook right now.

Who knows how many of them will be all-stars down the track, in my opinion it's heaps of fun and you could end up making more than your money back in the future! :)

Mate I'm currently going for a set - 08/09 hot prospects rookie/auto patches #ed /399

I'll tell you what it's great! At first it was a bit daunting but so far I'm up to 24/32 and it's great having them all side by side.

What's more if you collect a rookie set and complete it, you could be getting yourself into a huge investment. I picked up sweet 3 colour patches and auto's of guys like Brook Lopez, Jason Thompson, Marreese Speights, Anthony Randolph for prices that weren't premium, because people are hyped on about Mayo, Rose, Beasley and Westbrook right now.

Who knows how many of them will be all-stars down the track, in my opinion it's heaps of fun and you could end up making more than your money back in the future! :)

I think he meant more along the lines of one specific card. I.e. owning the whole print run of one in particular. 1/10, 2/10 - 10/10.

But yeah one day i'm gonna do what you're doing with a rookie crop and own the whole rookie class, that'll look sweet dude!

Has anyone ever gone for or got a whole set of cards and by set I mean like all 10 if it is numbered to 10 or whatever. Is that a good idea to do?

Thats a good idea. Though, it may be very hard to do since some of the card would still be in packs or in someone elses collection already. Also would depend on who the player is that you are gonna collect.

Wouldn't say if its a "good" idea or bad one...if you're asking if you can make money out of it, then no, you can't IMO. The way the question was phrased, it sounds like owning the print run of a particular card i.e. all 10 cards numbered out of 10. If you did, there's a reason why you manage to win them all - no one thought they were as valuable as you did and were not willing to fork out as much money as you did to obtain them to begin with (in an auction). It's fun, but unless you get a product which is brand new, chances are, you won't be able to obtain the entire print run of a certain card as they tend to be stowed in collections after a while. Even then, its player specific, you've got some huge competition for very popular players and even obscure ones (eg. the resident Bargnani collector!).

Back
Top Bottom