G'day all!

Choko

n00b scrub
Real Name
Choko
Howdy (n00b alert)!

Most folks here have had a similar experience... Used to collect NBA cards back in the 90s when it was all the buzz. As time went by, like many others, I fell off the collection wagon. Recently, one of my good mates and I were visiting a comic book store and decided to each buy a pack of 2008/09 Skybox Hobby for nostalgias sake. At that point, we both decided to have another crack at collecting NBA cards, and would build a collection between the two of us.

Got about 40 boxes on order to break, hope to score some hits from those.

Players we're interested in sourcing include Deron Williams, Griffin, S Curry and the Jimmer. As far as sets go, I'm initially looking for 94/95 UD Predictors (tried chasing this set as a youngun) and the 2010/11 Donruss Production Line Die-Cut Jerseys. Nothing too full on to begin with!

Looking forward to building a PC and helping others pursue theirs!

Cheers, Choko

Thanks lilreddevil, that's the goal!

Noticed in your wantlist you're after some early/mid 90s sets. This was in my collecting prime, although I have absolutely no idea where these cards may be today or what condition they're in. If I find anything on your list in good nick, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers Cobretti! Seen some box breaks on Youtube, you gotta love some of the reactions when someone pulls mojo.

My mate ordered the boxes (I'm going halves) and as far as I know these are the boxes he's ordered:

- 4 x 2009/10 Panini Studio Basketball
- 10 x 2009/10 Panini Certified Basketball
- 10 x 2009/10 Panini Prestige Basketball
- 10 x 2010/11 Panini Threads Basketball
- 10 x 2010/11 Panini Prestige Basketball

I'll post the hits for each of the cases, can't wait!

hey mate, that panini studio is the best, my favorite box, only box i have busted in my life and got a kobe auto in it, please PM me on studio skylines inserts you get in it :) Trying to finish off that mini insert set and all A.J. Prices from Panini Prestige, good luck with all the busts and looks like you and your friend really chose wisely :) WELCOME BTW :)

Thanks,

Jimmy.

Welcome Choko.

Sounds like you got a heap of busting coming up so MOJO to you, will love to see what you get even though I'm not an NBA man myself.

If you're returning to the game you might be interested in the stuff I have to sell (I'm not into NBA, just won some packs).

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/buying-selling-trading-basketball/90518-clearance-2007-08-2010-11-fleer-panini-upper-deck-base-insert-gu-auto.html

Hope we can do a deal or something but most importantly have fun on this site.

40 Boxes? WOW! That is a LOT of cards my friend. All the best, hopefully you pull some good cards from it.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site and wow 40 boxes.

I just hope your mate purchased hobby and not retail otherwise you are going to have lots and lots of base to sort

Cheers for the welcomes everyone :)

Welcome to the site and wow 40 boxes.

I just hope your mate purchased hobby and not retail otherwise you are going to have lots and lots of base to sort

I'm under the impression it is mostly retail. However, at this stage, we're happy to start low and collect a few base sets.

Back
Top Bottom