Gday all

hsv006

Old perth boy
Real Name
steve
eBay User
hsv006
Just a quicky to say hi to you all as a new member.
Steves the name over here in sunny perth.
I used to be a mad dave robinson collector years ago.
Ive decided to again take up collecting nba...
Im leaning towards vince carter at the moment.
Look forward to chatting with you all..
Oh ye...im ebay member hsv006 with a 223 rating..
cheers
stevo

Welcome!!

Carter is certainly playing well at the moment!!

Enjoy your time here!!

Cheers
Matt

Trey said:
cool, if your looking to sell some of the DRobs, I'll be interested to see if you have anything I need!
Thank all...sorry trey (should have been more specific) i sold my collection years ago...only have about 7000 commons left (mixed,years,players,brands)....
So its starting a collection from scratch...
Damn it..2 many v.carter collectors here already...im going to have to find a decent player no1 collects..better chance of getting the cards im after..
NOW....WHO !!!!

Thanks for your replys lads...ive decided theres 2 many carter fans here...any1 got any suggestions...lebron maybe...
Oh ye if any of our local perth collectors want to offload a few (sell) ide love to pop over,have a sqwizz at your collection,grab a free coffee:) and have a good yak..(need a beckett to )
Hope to catch up with a few of ya..
cheers
stevo (0401514611)

Hi Stevo,
Have you ever thought about collecting Shane Battier?......quite a few people around here seem to always manage to pull his cards (always the rare and limited ones) #-o and im sure they would be more than willing to sell them to you!;)

Just a thought!

Cheers
Matt

G'day mate

Another Perthite and another D Rob fan.

Welcome to the boards.

Where bouts in Perth do ya live.

Shane Battier,,could do thanks..im trying to get hold of a new beckett this week..get a better idea of whos playin now and beckett prices.
Ill throw up a topic the minute i decide for sure..
Gday rukas,im north of the river bud, ellenbrook,up wanneroo way if that helps.
cheers
stevo

hey welcome

yeah collect battier :) i have heaps of his cards around here.

someones gotta start collecting him

anyways hope you can build a nice collection

cheers colin

hi
wlcome to the forum, maybe peja stojakovic dont think anyone collects him here, just a thought, anyway hope ya have fun here:D

Thanks all,,,i popped into a local card shop here yesterday,DAMN..so many types available now..Was checkin out box prices there..RIPOFF !!!
Correct me if im wrong perthites..but there is only 1 shop here in perth now..
GRRRRRRRR...Was eyeing up a vince carter jambalaya (not sure on year or brand...You lot would know for sure...he was chasing $50 for it...was tempted but untill i get a beckett im holding off.
Thanks again
stevo

It will get said and said over and over. Beckett value has liitle to no standing in the hobby today. Gone are the days when a cards price was dictaded by it and shops charged book and half etc.

eBay and market value will telll you more. Just search completed auctions etc to get an idea. Cards sell for a lower % of BV than you will think unless its THE hottest card out and has room to gain value.

Welcome back to collecting though. :)

Thanks for the info chad...im sure things have changed a lot...
At least with a beckett ill have some idea whos hot and whos not....if there cards are half decent or worthless.
But ive been a mad ebayer for many years and will do as you suggested,:) .
YAHOO...IM GOING FOR IT TODAY ..BUYING MY FIRST BOX !!
No idea what itll be,,but hoping (as we always do ) for a half decent card or 2.
Will lyy what i end up getting..
cheers
stevo

Welcome to the forum mate! From Perth you collected the admiral too! Did you know Jerry with the shop years back(MJ45)? He collected D.Rob too. Bogut is my pick!

Anyway, one of the helpful members could have told ya about the link below, should help you find a card shop close by with most competitive prices ;) Large range of pack/singles(recent NBA upgrade)

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1594

Your most welcome to come have a look. I'm there on Sundays. Hope to see you soon!

Justin

Thanks justin...grumpy old jerry eh...Damn he must be old now:D .
You can bet ill pop in next sunday ..i work in wangara to !!
cheers
steve

hsv006 said:
Thanks justin...grumpy old jerry eh...Damn he must be old now:D .
You can bet ill pop in next sunday ..i work in wangara to !!
cheers
steve

LOL ... that's Jerry! Haven't seen hime for ages, hope he is ok though.

you work in Wangara! It's a small world innit!? For east siders, the Wanneroo markets is in Wangara.

Thats right, Perth is only a couple of suberbs big :^o

Look forward to seeing you at the markets Steve! :D

Justin

Back
Top Bottom