Gary Ablett Snr 1995 Select Signature

I could be wrong but thought they were all signed in black, but as they fade a little it looks more like blue. If that is a genuine original signature then its the best one ive ever seen on these 1995 cards.

This is mine, a definite blue.

afl431.jpg

Not the same signature, if you look at the one above it resembles all of Abletts other signatures such as the gold and one released in 2006. Very loopy signature.

The one in black does not.

I am not suggesting in any way sunshine collectables hove done anything or have any knowledge of foul play but i suspect that the signature on this card, which are notorious for fading had indeed faded.

Someone has then in bold black pen re signed the card.

I do not know this as fact it is only a theory.

Not the same signature, if you look at the one above it resembles all of Abletts other signatures such as the gold and one released in 2006. Very loopy signature.

I am not suggesting in any way sunshine collectables hove done anything or have any knowledge of foul play but i suspect that the signature on this card, which are notorious for fading had indeed faded.

Agree. I was thinking the same but didnt want to start something. :whistle:

Kind of why I started the thread. Certainly looks a bit different.

Have you guys ever read the story about Ablett signing his leather-bound coffee table book?

I read it in the book 'Playing God'. Basically, they produced a certain amount of collectors edition, lether bound books, which Gary was to sign. So he started signing, and then got annoyed, so he went and got a rubber stamp made of his signature, came home and stamped the remainder of the books.

Problem was, the stamp also had the border around the outside, so that when Gazza put it on the ink pad and slapped it onto the book, you got his facsimile signature, and a big black border around it. Basically, he ruined that for his manager/publisher. Quality... :)

It's one of the better fakes that I've seen, if it is in fact fake

Back
Top Bottom