Future Force 2017

Anyone found these in a newsagency yet?

Can't help you in Vic, but was in Launceston on Saturday and the newsagents/post office in town had them, he is on the ball when it comes to getting footy cards in. No where in Devonport which is where i live have them yet. Am being told they will come with the magazine delivery which is every Monday and Thursday but nothing came today so to try Thursday. Sucks when you want to spend money on a product and no one has them yet. I think Select need to start sending them out a few days sooner so they can be on the shelf being sold on release day.

Can't help you in Vic, but was in Launceston on Saturday and the newsagents/post office in town had them, he is on the ball when it comes to getting footy cards in. No where in Devonport which is where i live have them yet. Am being told they will come with the magazine delivery which is every Monday and Thursday but nothing came today so to try Thursday. Sucks when you want to spend money on a product and no one has them yet. I think Select need to start sending them out a few days sooner so they can be on the shelf being sold on release day.

Thanks. I tried a few newsagencies both on Friday and over the weekend with no luck. I was able to get some at Sunshine Collectables and Card Zone who I knew would have them, but it's a bit frustrating not being able to find them closer to home when they should be on counters by now.

Thanks. I tried a few newsagencies both on Friday and over the weekend with no luck. I was able to get some at Sunshine Collectables and Card Zone who I knew would have them, but it's a bit frustrating not being able to find them closer to home when they should be on counters by now.

Completely agree, very frustrating. And to think if it's not until Thursday here then that's nearly a week after release date.

Review
Commons

Simply what you'd expect for a common base set - straightforward really

Silver rainbow parallels
Must say time perhaps for a para set to take place in FF - have been thinking of that for last three years now TBH and has finally happened - not a bad initiaitve to replace the captains concept as TBH what does it really mean to be a state rep captain but never make it as a career in league-football from the collector's perspective

Pearl /110 parallels
I can understand a second set of paras may have been unnecessary however let's face it - these players have not yet touched a ball at AFL level yet so I can understand the concept purpose rather than some concept too optimistic and that the same time gives some excitement when pulling open packets and box breaks?

Ruby /40 parallels
Whilst yet alone a third para set may have disturbed some collectors however as FAIC this is a better concept than the Sheedan Select - a real stinker inset series that turned out to be IMO as many of those players are not going to make in in league-football. This also has turned out to replace my speculation of the Rising Star predictor concept - that have been similar to the Brownlow predictor concept in footy stars/champions and of course would have included a wildcard if actual winner was already in the system- perhaps something for future anyway?

20 in 20
TBH quite a stinker this year as many of the photos of such depicted players are exactly the same as the common cards when they were playing in the U19 comp from previous FF release! Why may why- if you are an individual player collector and already have those FF common cards, what's the point in having this concept only being printed on a different background?!

1st Club draft picks
This should hopefully be the answer to the poor design of the Club Draft Honour Rolls from last year. Such concept was a flop last year considering many of those players will not end up making their career as such club they were drafted by - that's why I came up with the "Transfer" concept in my speculation write-up. It's a bit hard to tell how these cards will turn out but fingers crossed better designed than last year's honour rolls lol

Signature
concepts

Must say these are the best looking FF sig cards to date IMO. I am a huge fan of a third para variant of the concept let alone one ranking above platinum however instead of green foil, I would have preferred the top sig to be blue foil based instead and to have had players signed these above platinum ones in blue ink instead - don't mind if the lower two variants stay in black ink but,

Overall rating - 6.5/10
In second thoughts it turns I was somewhat off the mark with my speculation write-up but I must say I stand by my perception of the best FF release yet to come as according to that. At the end of the day no release is perfect however I guess this release is somewhat better than what it could have been. Feel free to replay any personal comments whether you agree or disagree or any points I may have missed lol

I purchased a box myself and I'm struggling to see the difference between a common and a rainbow parrallel, any clues?

I purchased a box myself and I'm struggling to see the difference between a common and a rainbow parrallel, any clues?

Tilt it in the light, when you turn the rainbow parallel cards you’ll see it. I also struggle, the difference is only minor. I’m very surprised that the numbering on the rear of the parallel cards doesn’t change. Could of had for example 43 for the common, R43 for the rainbow, B43 for the blue and R43R for the red. Or something like that.

l opened up a few packs today. I love the new design and thicker card stock.
the mirror finish is defiantly a fresh look and is a first in Australian designed cards.

the green foil on the AAs look great!

Well done Select.

The colour saturation on select cards has been poor since they went to cheap printing in China 10 years or so ago.
I also noticed a lot of the gold foiling is poor quality you are lucky to read the words future force. Check out the NBA and their high quality embossing.
Here's a pic of the first card that came up on ebay, gold embossing 4/10.
Select are far from leaders in any field of card production, let alone innovation, needless to say that's my opinion, and anyone else can have theirs!
aa.jpg

As a Richmond collector spent way too much tonight... :oops: 12 Signature cards to chase :crazy:

#17 Higgins
#20 Coleman-Jones
#25 Balta
#34 Naish
#63 Miller

Should of bought a case from ebay today :rolleyes: (I now think these cases are good value at $70 a box)

How did your team go?

As a Richmond collector spent way too much tonight... :oops: 12 Signature cards to chase :crazy:

#17 Higgins
#20 Coleman-Jones
#25 Balta
#34 Naish
#63 Miller

Should of bought a case from ebay today :rolleyes: (I now think these cases are good value at $70 a box)

How did your team go?

Hawks only used 3 picks and 2 of them have sigs, James Worpel and Dylan Moore. I don’t chase the lower numbered sigs from Future Force, just the easier higher numbered ones. But 2 is pretty good I think and these 2 guys are meant to go alright too.

Hi..just bought a pack and I am disappointed with the commons being a foil card as they mark easily, I would prefer to see normal style of commons
no odds on the packet regarding box, with Rainbow, Blue & Red cards same picture different colour = value ???..
signature cards I group too many,
more of inserts doesn't not mean it's a better product..

Curious about something and hoping those who’ve opened multiple boxes/cases can answer.

Does a red parallel in a box mean there’s no chance of a Green/Platinum sig or 1st Draft Pick Redemption in the same box?

Or have people pulled a big hit in the same box as a red?

Curious about something and hoping those who’ve opened multiple boxes/cases can answer.

Does a red parallel in a box mean there’s no chance of a Green/Platinum sig or 1st Draft Pick Redemption in the same box?

Or have people pulled a big hit in the same box as a red?
Can’t remember about the red but every green I pulled also had a redemption, would be better with redemptions being with gold sigs

Can’t remember about the red but every green I pulled also had a redemption, would be better with redemptions being with gold sigs

Redemption and Green sig in the same box?? Wow.

I pulled a Redemption and a Gold Signature from a box yesterday, like you I assumed all the Redemptions would be in the same boxes as Gold sigs.

Back
Top Bottom