Freshman Sheets

Yep - it was me who used the BIN :D

I have a 4-up with the foil background but not one without - hardly a comprehensive Futera collection without it!! LOL And I was missing the Robertson card in a 4-up.

They are a very good seller by the way...fast reliable etc etc :v:

Yeah I grabbed one on Thursday arvo, then bang they put up another one...

I dont have any freshman sheets, foil or non foil, so I grabbed it.

I think I might be addicted to this cricket card biz ;) They have been a good source of elite cards for me too.

My understanding is that they are the source - it is an ex-Futera employee.

From what I have been able to understand........when Futera went bust in 1997 roughly 1/4 went to NZ, 1/4 went to the UK (redkempy?), 1/4 went to another Futera employee and Steve Wang bought the rest.

Good question Dan....there are not many floating around in the marketplace at all.

BTW have any of you ever seen a redeemed impact card (from either the Elite or Decider series) with all inserts having matching numbers? In 13 years of collecting i have never seen one, nor have I ever heard of anyone having one.

Great to see Futera collectors. now i met this guy who said his freind worked as a designer for futera, apparently when furtera went bust ESP took over and tried producing cards (focusing on AFL cards (2000), e.g game breaker autos etc) but did not do so well. so apparently Futera aus is ESP or baught out by them. he told me that before futera left Aus, the unredeemed cards were burnt by them. so in effect caught marsh bowled lillie, mark waugh premier bats auto, steve waugh 5 auto set were not all redeemed and are less then what they are numbered out of. I have not seen many (if at all) 2 cards set e.g certificate and auto with missing redemption cards for futera. then again someone could have baught majority of the boxes if futera sold these autos with certificate cards only too make the 3 card sets (unlikely but). 15 years on who really knows what happened back then. but the story does not seem to unbelievable. let me know what you think, sorry for the essay!. :)

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

bjs127 if memory serves me right i think someone had split up a impact redeemed set. Marsh Lillie auto was sold separately, and the the inserts. not sure what the impact card was sold with. this was few years back (2 yrs at most) when i started collecting futera cricket cards again. only if i knew! would have baught the whole set :(

Back
Top Bottom