Foxtel Lost EPL rights

adi888

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adi
eBay User
Skattered888
So, what does this mean? I got my Foxtel sub for football only. First they lost la liga, and then they lost champions league and now EPL gone too?... I'm not too sure i will extend my sub beyond this season.

And what's with optus buying it?? I hope this doesn't mean it will be available on mobile devices/online too.

I love watching Football on my big screen on HD

Source?

That's big news. You saying Optus bought it? Damn, they are as irrelevent as it gets.

Source?

That's big news. You saying Optus bought it? Damn, they are as irrelevent as it gets.
Every media outlet has reported it...

Optus guaranteeing it'll remain on tv screens. Whether that means needing a Fetch subscription or otherwise, not sure.

So, what does this mean? I got my Foxtel sub for football only. First they lost la liga, and then they lost champions league and now EPL gone too?... I'm not too sure i will extend my sub beyond this season.

And what's with optus buying it?? I hope this doesn't mean it will be available on mobile devices/online too.

I love watching Football on my big screen on HD

The deal is reportedly worth more than $50 million and includes "live broadcast coverage and digital rights for broadband and mobile". Optus' coverage will commence in August 2016.

Optus released a statement on Monday morning announcing the shock deal, describing it as "another significant step in our strategy to become a mobile-led multimedia company"

Any updates on this? I was hearing that Foxtel would be allowed to buy the tv rights off Optus and they would keep the online streaming side of it? Hopefully this is true as I don't want to be watching a game on stream.

I don't care for live football, but it would be nice to have a highlights show like the one they used to have on the ABC

Spot on Luke, nothings beats watching your team play live (even if its 5am lol). I like watching the highlights package for the rest of the games, get to see Vardy score - Chat shit get banged!

Back
Top Bottom