Footy Stars 2023

It took him retiring to get a high end "big hit" card
definitely put a big smile on my face
let the chase begin.........
Only one in 7 cases to get any auto so good luck in your hunt I am not buying a case might of if they offered a hobby case but not retail even with a couple of case cards

What I have heard no prestige so optimum and my be supermacy I do not think select would do some new we have never seen to replace prestige
I would love something new.

Hard to imagine what they would possibly go with, but it would have to mimic something NBA are doing.

I personally can’t believe Hobby boxes are still available for pre-order from some hobby stores.

Only 8400 boxes made as opposed to roughly 24,000 last year.

Also the hobby product is a massive improvement on last year.

I basically see the hobby set this year as a “prestige” release. Same price point with all the platinum predictors.

Last edited:
I personally can’t believe Hobby boxes are still available for pre-order from some hobby stores.

Only 8400 boxes made as opposed to roughly 24,000 last year.

Also the hobby product is a massive improvement on last year.

I basically see the hobby set this year as a “prestige” release. Same price point with all the platinum predictors.
agree as an SCC member was able to order 2 boxes and have gone into some breaks generally too slow ordering when open to public also ordered a case of retail

If sales are slow a number of reasons . Inflation, people are cutting back a lot. Two, it is series 1 aimed mainly at the younger market . Three, people have card fatigue.Four, less to be made than the higher end market for box sellers. Leaves more cards for actual collectors, like me which I like.

If sales are slow a number of reasons . Inflation, people are cutting back a lot. Two, it is series 1 aimed mainly at the younger market . Three, people have card fatigue.Four, less to be made than the higher end market for box sellers. Leaves more cards for actual collectors, like me which I like.

Agree with most of that. The retail boxes were never going to sell out for months. But I’m still surprised that the Hobby boxes are so readily available.

Probably a good indication of the effect inflation has had on the disposable income of collectors.

I have loaded up on hobby boxes @ $140 from different hobby shops. I think it is decent value right now, but if select reveal another secret case hit in this release, it will be even better value.

Be interesting to see whether the hobby boxes sell out in the general sale on Sunday.

If there is an insert not mentioned which I am predicting, depending on its nature , it may have an affect on resale boxes and how rapidly the remaining select boxes sell.

Pretty underwhelming to be honest. Not sure what they were thinking with a couple of the designs, such as the Carbon holo. That is downright lazy in my opinion.
As for the Iconic card, for a card that is numbered to 70 and the rarest card in the set other than the Instant Win and case cards, I would have thought it would have been a bit better than that. But hey, that's my view on things.

I brought a case of retail as it’s the only time you can get a case anymore since hobby releases only allow two boxes to be purchased.

The hobby version seems like an afterthought, with the carbon copy which doesn’t add much value and the spectrum which are one per 2 boxes. I’m surprised there is no bigger hit in the hobby, will be interesting to see if there is a surprise hit.

Adam there are some companies offering hobby boxes for sale but limited and I never do good in general public offerings - just too slow but I go in group breaks and have been lucky and unlucky - I remember a few years ago I missed out on high end AFL must have been a supremacy I think but was able to buy 4 boxes from 2 retailers at standard prices and I hit 2 captains signatures - the Bont and Gawn and I am a Dees fan so happy

I brought a case of retail as it’s the only time you can get a case anymore since hobby releases only allow two boxes to be purchased.

The hobby version seems like an afterthought, with the carbon copy which doesn’t add much value and the spectrum which are one per 2 boxes. I’m surprised there is no bigger hit in the hobby, will be interesting to see if there is a surprise hit.

Platinum Predictors too mate.

If there was to be an unmentioned insert in the hobby boxes what would people prefer. A rare set say 600 to 800 or an ultra rare say 1500 to 3000 a pack ?

Platinum Predictors too mate.
True but I was thinking what unique insert sets hobby has over retail, which is only the carbon and spectrum. With rarer versions of the predictor insert sets. Last year they had the virtuoso autos which were the big hits which were exclusive to hobby.

Back
Top Bottom