Footy Stars 2023

Yes agree they do an excellent job, during Covid was the peak and been in slow decline since and right now with inflation and rate hikes people are just not spending money but the real test will be with series 2 and supremacy I suppose, but as for footy stars it’s probably been a blessing that only hobby shops get all the stock now as I won’t be stuck with 15 cases lol can spend my money elsewhere
I think whatever is coming still going to be a 5 minute sellout that’s how it’s been for years now I do not think there business model is changing only game in town and all series sellout other than series 1 because they are making way to much even lasts years you can still get no problem my problem is no Kmart starters sold online or in store to Tasmania I can put in postcodes from all other states and you can buy but not Tassie and I will pass on series 1 going forward because I think hobby boxes will be here to stay going forward would love to see members offered cases of the high end stuff but we no that will never happen will be the same 2 boxes and 2 in general sale and checkout in 2 minutes get that capta wrong you get nothing is that really collecting it’s just a race to see if you can beat them bots they might stop some but they will never stop them all

Yes agree they do an excellent job, during Covid was the peak and been in slow decline since and right now with inflation and rate hikes people are just not spending money but the real test will be with series 2 and supremacy I suppose, but as for footy stars it’s probably been a blessing that only hobby shops get all the stock now as I won’t be stuck with 15 cases lol can spend my money elsewhere
Lol what a load of rubbish that’s not backed up by anything.

You’re selling less than previous years because you and your mates are not getting wholesale cases out the back door anymore. A simple search on eBay or Facebook will clearly indicate that record sales volume is taking place for this years footy stars, participation rate is at an all time high and the AFL trading card segment continues to outperform other categories.

Now you should go reactivate that fake “Bselect” profile you made and put up some more shit canning posts.

Your so called “blessing” is actually a reality, you’ve been cheating the system for years whilst always playing the perpetual victim card and now the party is finally over so all you can do is try paint a negative picture and keep playing victim. No free kick, play on champ.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJD
1678927286747.gif

Starters soldout in Launceston Tassie today got screw was told to go home today when I was there at about 12 30 they will not be on the floor to later in the day rung back and get told soldout and good news I heard was they where limiting to 5 per person so that screws the flipper they might be getting more but no idea when and now I no no stock is ever going to be online so would have to ring the bloody store everyday to check so a pass from me only want 10 so I get to save for optimum and whatever they bring out to take my coin it’s still a laugh 1 card because you can flip them easy but that’s the hobby now good luck to all going forward and mojo to all as well

Purchased some random packs from the local AFL store .I asked “do you have any cards “as I noticed the Select box on the counter which was empty. Thinking all was lost I said “do you have any more “which he replied”how many do you want”As he opened the cupboard behind him which I took a photo of .
1678944287316.jpeg
Moral of the story I reckon they produced a lot more this yr of series 1.Got a nice Cats Brownlow Predictor of Jeremy Cameron always nice cards these.

Last edited:
How bad are the base cards this year,purchased 5 packets from the Coles servo and every single base card was cut crooked...terrible quality control by Select

1.jpg

2.jpg

Haven’t noticed that as an issue , mind you have not studied them that closely. Perhaps Select were trying to add a Scanlens retro look with crooked cut cards lol

How bad are the base cards this year,purchased 5 packets from the Coles servo and every single base card was cut crooked...terrible quality control by Select

1.jpg

2.jpg
Yeah sometimes you get a bad batch . Some years you will get half a box without certain foil on it .I suppose they are error cards. Those cards there are a bit ,how you say, askew.

Bought a single box from select very underwhelming to say the least. Been trying to get Kmart edition some luck 5 from Kmart online, and 5 click and collect local Kmart. Opened the 1st 5 decent pinks an Iconic and Mel predictor, should receive next 5 today. Only vid on YT with Kmart edition the breaker mentioned that’s pinks are limited to 130 each has that been confirmed.

Bought a single box from select very underwhelming to say the least. Been trying to get Kmart edition some luck 5 from Kmart online, and 5 click and collect local Kmart. Opened the 1st 5 decent pinks an Iconic and Mel predictor, should receive next 5 today. Only vid on YT with Kmart edition the breaker mentioned that’s pinks are limited to 130 each has that been confirmed.
130 is correct

The card stock feels flimsier than 5 years ago and the gloss is a bit much imo.. Maybe that's the trade off for having zero price increases in five years. It must have been tempting to put those boxes up by $10-$20. With inflation one could argue the boxes have never been cheaper.

For me having a shocker not much luck at but that the way it goes sometime No luck at all getting Kmart starters her in Tassie was told they where in store Monday no warning they where going to be there none where ever put on the website just all stock sold in store will just wait to see how many boxes of optimum and supremacy. Member and in the general sale I quess 2 and 2 optimum 1 and 1 supremacy mojo to all but I will say the Kmart starter thing is a shit show only wanted 10 cannot even get that

What’s going on with the distribution of this product?

I haven’t seen a single pack at a Coles or a 7-11 - including dozens of stores that received boxes/cases last year. My local Coles used to receive 2-3 cases (it’s a large store) and this year received nothing. Are these stores no longer stockists?

I’ve found packs in the wild at a handful of Coles Express and Woolworths stores but that’s it. Really stark difference to previous years.

In previous years

What’s going on with the distribution of this product?

I haven’t seen a single pack at a Coles or a 7-11 - including dozens of stores that received boxes/cases last year. My local Coles used to receive 2-3 cases (it’s a large store) and this year received nothing. Are these stores no longer stockists?

I’ve found packs in the wild at a handful of Coles Express and Woolworths stores but that’s it. Really stark difference to previous years.

In previous years

Not sure where you're located but they are struggling to get rid of them at my two Coles stores. Same with my newsagent. Suits me perfectly lol

Not sure where you're located but they are struggling to get rid of them at my two Coles stores. Same with my newsagent. Suits me perfectly lol

Melbourne inner north. I’ve asked around local Coles and none of them have received stock - weird.

Back
Top Bottom