Footy stars 2022

Granted it's a S1 release as usually aimed at all collector types but the fall in value after release for many of these inserts will be something we haven't witnessed before. If this the norm for other releases in 2022 it's going to be "junk wax/insert 2022".

I understand the concern of junk wax based on the extra releases, especially the fact afl is a small market. However one of the biggest complaints has been that there hadn’t been enough product to go around, at least that has been addressed in the duel release.

There is also a virtuoso pack in the jumbo case containing a virtuoso redemption card. There are 42 in the set so they must include randomly inserted signature redemptions too. Is it possible someone could hit 2 signatures in a case?
Don't think so, I think the Virtuoso pack will just have base Virtuoso cards /70, via redemption.

So the 6 signees would have a base card /70 also.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

Anyone got a rough expectation on a case value breakdown for regular and jumbo. Interesting because there seems to be a fair bit of value if you’re lucky opposed to other footy stars releases

Nailed it. A return of the 1:216 insert. And happy to be wrong about no 1:18 to have more in the 1:36 ratio anyday.
Numbers,Classified and Fractured both thumbs up. The purple foil set will keep a fair bit of value similar to the RDC in 2019 or 2020 Ice Blue.
Competition cards again controversial but why not only make it appear if its a guaranteed win of a special card with low,medium ,and high prize tiers
more packets, box, special card, cash prize or tour of select facilities.
2 in a case but always wins even something small like a couple of packets to start with?
( Or even a "loyalty card" $ value system if 1:36 for half of them with a code with random amounts e.g $5-,$10,$20,$50,$100-Keep a certain amount, bank them online after entering them in and exchange for items in the select website?) This brings people into the site and generates more revenue for them.
Something that collectors can really get behind. A relative return for the $ you put in. There are bad days buying packets and this
would help to even it out. We know supermarkets returned a lot back to headquarters last series and this would help rectify it.

Otherwise I feel most collectors will never warm to it. In order to justify its existence the function of this card in its marketing should be to get people buying
so it will have a wild effect and reward people who buy lots of packets or boxes otherwise those same people will complain about it.
At least its only one in a box ,part of the 1:36 ratios so it doesn't feel like its taking the place of an insert. Select listened to us there.

Random unpopular (but true) opinion-Due to the 2.99 price ticket lots of the more special cards in this release are at risk of damage and wear by children.
That is the price of the Adult/Child collecting series balance compromise. And there doesn't seem to be a proper solution.
My friends son's Essendon collection is nearing 2K and he's 14. One of the first things we showed him was getting the right amount of folders and
looking after them and he's going great now. Very precise and detailed in how he arranges them.

So I want kids to collect obviously, but Adults have to step up too and take them away if they are being destroyed and take the time to show proper storage tips.
And yes it absolutely happens to high end. I got a 2011 star signature auto in a lot that some weirdo had taken scissors to to fit in a Herald Sun album.
Blew my mind and ruined my day.

CRUISER RATING
Overall a 8/10 for me. What was good was very good. What was questionable could be improved on. The best Stars release since they originated in 2016.
an excellent summary

an excellent summary
I thought it was a bit all over the place. But I seemed to touch on the fix that select did to balance experienced Adult and Young collector somehow.
Almost instantly with Jumbo. It remains to be seen how it affects Father and Son collector combo's. As they may just choose to buy a sample
of both and negotiate who gets what. And as we know under 18's don't get Ebay accounts so what would reach the secondary market
from these partnerships is hard to gauge but love the idea that families are spending time doing this together.

Last edited:
Value packs don't unlock until the 25th.
Will Scc have an allocation set aside like the Case Jumbo and regular I wonder.
Looks like no. I think they will be alright to order on Friday.

Does anyone know when SCC allocation is open until? Is it right up until the 25th or do we just have a period of 24hrs or so?

At this stage, i have decided not to purchase any

I know what will happen. I will get junk, struggle to move any of it and then regret buying.

AFL Footy Stars Checklist
1645437533747.png

Back
Top Bottom