Footy stars 2022

Yeah you would be expecting soon, just looking at last year it was January 10 that they started dripping info out

Was kinda thinking of doing another one of those speculation posts but ATM I think I might just keep it to myself LoL

One thing we know is Brownlow predictors back again and a question I will ask, does anybody know whether they'll be a third consecutive prestige release corresponding to footy stars

You would have to think they would make Prestige again. They have been so successful in selling why would they stop. They may just change the name and do some tweaking but be very surprised if something wasn’t produced.

You would have to think they would make Prestige again. They have been so successful in selling why would they stop. They may just change the name and do some tweaking but be very surprised if something wasn’t produced.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a prestige release again. Most of the design work is done for FS and used again in Prestige so its a low cost release to put together with a much better profit margin.

2022 Footy Stars

1:1 Holofoil
1:3 Starburst Caricature
1:4 ?
1:6 ?
1:8 Milestone
1:36 Bang
1:72 Starburst Caricature #
1:108 Brownlow Predictor Gold
1:432 Browlow Predictor Platinum / Premiership Predictor
1:864 Marquee/Showstopper

Hopefully select give the Starburst Caricature and milestone a rest.

You had milestone at 1:8 Needs a 1:18 numbered and a 1:216 numbered type of new card..
Ditch the 1:3 and 1:6 ratio cards. A 1:18 milestone numbered would be worthwhile but if its in prestige makes more sense.
We all have ideas I guess but a lot is mathematics, team insert sizes and easiest designs for them to produce.

Last edited:
You would think the Coleman Predictor would be in again as it was such a great looking card. Also love the Bang cards too

I doubt it will be a popular opinion, but I would like to see base set back up to 12 cards per team. 10 is such a crap number for storage, and the extra numbers tend to provide some variety from the same old faces.

I'd like to see an expanded AFLW set, ideally in place of the holofoil set. At least six cards per team, or five plus the All Australian team. Definitely don't need both a holofoil set and another insert that has the same players as the base set.

Milestones are easily my favourite insert, so I hope they don't go anywhere. Starbursts have outlived their welcome, but I can live with them if they have some different players.

I much prefer insert sets that have some meaning (such as stats leaders or award winners), rather than just random players whacked on a card.

Predictors are great in theory, but so few of them have any value. Fantastic if you get one of the five teams who can win the premiership or the ten players who can win the brownlow, but otherwise not so great.

Purple foil 1:1
Starburst Paint 1:4
Game breakers forward 50 1:6
Milestone 1:8?
Numbers 1:36
AFL Classified 1:36
Fractured 1:36
Instant win chance 1:36
Brownlow predictor 1:72
Spectrum redemption 1:216
Coleman predictor 1:432
Premiership predictor 1:432
Virtuoso 1:600

With more 2 more videos I believe, Virtuoso look good.

Thoughts on the first preview video?

Numbers, Classified and Virtuoso all look pretty nice to me.

A few more mid-tier inserts. A lot to chase to get the complete team set.

first preview looks awesome

rough breakdown:

1645062218385.png

Approx.. 360,000 extra packets produced this season

Last edited:
The cards look really good, but I'd be pretty pissed off if my one per two box insert was the fifth best Gold Coast player's brownlow predictor.

These releases really suffer from making cards of the top players far too hard to get - each individual predictor is a 1 in 18 case pull.

Nailed it. A return of the 1:216 insert. And happy to be wrong about no 1:18 to have more in the 1:36 ratio anyday.
Numbers,Classified and Fractured both thumbs up. The purple foil set will keep a fair bit of value similar to the RDC in 2019 or 2020 Ice Blue.
Competition cards again controversial but why not only make it appear if its a guaranteed win of a special card with low,medium ,and high prize tiers
more packets, box, special card, cash prize or tour of select facilities.
2 in a case but always wins even something small like a couple of packets to start with?
( Or even a "loyalty card" $ value system if 1:36 for half of them with a code with random amounts e.g $5-,$10,$20,$50,$100-Keep a certain amount, bank them online after entering them in and exchange for items in the select website?) This brings people into the site and generates more revenue for them.
Something that collectors can really get behind. A relative return for the $ you put in. There are bad days buying packets and this
would help to even it out. We know supermarkets returned a lot back to headquarters last series and this would help rectify it.

Otherwise I feel most collectors will never warm to it. In order to justify its existence the function of this card in its marketing should be to get people buying
so it will have a wild effect and reward people who buy lots of packets or boxes otherwise those same people will complain about it.
At least its only one in a box ,part of the 1:36 ratios so it doesn't feel like its taking the place of an insert. Select listened to us there.

Random unpopular (but true) opinion-Due to the 2.99 price ticket lots of the more special cards in this release are at risk of damage and wear by children.
That is the price of the Adult/Child collecting series balance compromise. And there doesn't seem to be a proper solution.
My friends son's Essendon collection is nearing 2K and he's 14. One of the first things we showed him was getting the right amount of folders and
looking after them and he's going great now. Very precise and detailed in how he arranges them.

So I want kids to collect obviously, but Adults have to step up too and take them away if they are being destroyed and take the time to show proper storage tips.
And yes it absolutely happens to high end. I got a 2011 star signature auto in a lot that some weirdo had taken scissors to to fit in a Herald Sun album.
Blew my mind and ruined my day.

CRUISER RATING
Overall a 8/10 for me. What was good was very good. What was questionable could be improved on. The best Stars release since they originated in 2016.

Last edited:
Quick check on the stats.
Looks like no dead packs which is great. so for the odd box that misses the brownlow predictor does that mean an extra milestone? (Being 5)
And the even box in the case that has it gets 4 milestones?

The old rule seems to hold true that with 10 High end in the case with a 72% chance of the Virtouso there is the possibility that as soon as you see a brownlow predictor you cant get anything higher, and also there could be 1-2 boxes with nothing higher than the 1:36 cards.
So love to see the results defying these odds. Perhaps the outliers will be the random nature of the folder packets and value packs.

Didn’t watch the preview but are we thinking the Virtuoso cards will be the Showstopper/Marque of this series or is something else coming?

Back
Top Bottom