Footy stars 2022

I also think the quality control on the inserts has improved greatly . Have not had any damaged cards as yet . Really like the fractured inserts and numbers as well as the higher end ones

Im loving some of the inserts and will chase the richmond sets. The canvas card is great... and the acid yellow's are just very very nice. Select does do very well on the insert front I feel. Panini could learn a thing or two.

Hey guys. Question for you all. I've just started re selling and trading numbered cards and honestly probably haven't used a postage service in a decade. I bought 3 padded mailers for $1.10 each to send out 2 cards in a toploader to each of the 3 people. I was under the impression it would cost $2-$3 to post each padded mailer. To my surprise the post office worker said it was $9.30 for each mailer as it is classified as a package/parcel not an envelope. I have been told by several people on other sites that they only get charged $2-$3 to post. So my question to you all is what is the correct way to send the cards? And how much should it cost? Because I got charged $30 to send 3 cards out. 😔

Reg post on its own is $6.90 , if you send as registered letter

If standard post and small padded envelope should only be 2 stamps so $2.20 plus the envelope

Could you send me a picture of the padded envelope you use. Because I used a padded mailer and he charged me $9.30 for postage. It was $12 for express

send out 2 cards in a toploader to each of the 3 people. I
Most this should cost for normal mail is $2.20 plus cost small bag total cost $3.30
best solution is to get a Parcel Streaming Gauge,
Small Plus Letter = 240mm x 162mm x 5mm no heavier that 125 grams
Medium Letter = 260mm x 180mm x 20mm no heavier than 250 grams
Large Letter = 360mm x 260mm x 20mm no heavier than 500 grams,

I used this. And it only weighed 85 grams. So have no idea what i did wrong? Or whether the guy just ripped me off.
resized_560x560.jpg

Could you send me a picture of the padded envelope you use. Because I used a padded mailer and he charged me $9.30 for postage. It was $12 for express
the receipt should have the weight,
I recently sent a padded bag A4 weight just under 500 grams registered post from Melbourne to Sydney with signature delivery cost $12.25

the receipt should have the weight,
I recently sent a padded bag A4 weight just under 500 grams registered post from Melbourne to Sydney with signature delivery cost $12.25
I watched him weigh them both. Both were under 100 grams. Here is the receipt

20220326_105802.jpg

I used this. And it only weighed 85 grams. So have no idea what i did wrong? Or whether the guy just ripped me off.
unfortunately some postal workers really don't know, I had same trouble until I got the gauge and could argue
the point,
your post should have looked like this ,note the letter weight and disregard Reg Post
IMG_1124.JPG

Last edited:
So basically if I use the padded envelope and it's less that 40mm thick and fits through the gauge I should only be charged $2.20?

If you've used the small sized padded envelope and sent as a standard letter, then yes they overcharged. They seem to have charged you for a parcel

So I could bypass the idiots at my post office by just buying bulk padded mailers and stamps. Then just sending it out myself? Use $2.20 worth of stamps and I'll be sweet?

I only use the one P.O they know I always take a scan, years ago I was told I could not
take a picture of the letter while in the P.O. my answer was you have to be kidding.
Callan the quick way is not always the best way, if I was you I would go to the P.O and talk to the
person in charge, explain the problem, you cannot prove the weight of the bag because it show different on the receipt
but by bringing it to the attention of person in charge you might get a different outcome in the future.

It’s more expensive because you sent it registered with a tracking number.
If you sent a letter like you described without a tracking number (no security) it would only cost you roughly $3.30 after the bag and stamps.

Back
Top Bottom