Footy stars 2022

Callan _ I watched shows on USA and UK. TV over past few months and if something is collectable it has gone up in value during covid and the so called experts do not see prices goign down anytime soon - many reasons for this - the one that took my interest were those who collected olden day ralway station signs / clocks etc - one bloke in UK said 2 yeara go he might get 1000 pounds for some sign but was now getting 5000 pounds - it is amazing what people collect

yeah May-z summed it up well...
showstoppers are sweet!
priceing swans is a tough one,(for me personally)just keep your eye on ebay and check in on "sold items" that way you can get a ballpark $ figure

yeah May-z summed it up well...
showstoppers are sweet!
priceing swans is a tough one,(for me personally)just keep your eye on ebay and check in on "sold items" that way you can get a ballpark $ figure.

How much of a difference does the # of card make? Example for the Parker virtuoso I've seen one listed at $100 (60 of 70) and another at $250 (08 of 70)

How much of a difference does the # of card make? Example for the Parker virtuoso I've seen one listed at $100 (60 of 70) and another at $250 (08 of 70)
a percentage of the collector community want/collect low numbered or jumper number cards,
many are willing to pay more for a lower numbered card

a percentage of the collector community want/collect low numbered or jumper number cards,
many are willing to pay more for a lower numbered card
Thanks for all your help mate. Do we have any idea what the spectrum redemptions will get us?

Hope this isn’t what it looks like, very poor by seller if so.

39F03C25-0879-44FE-B356-BFA6A9EE1A46.jpeg

FB140AF4-BF74-4168-8850-30B8FF3CAD1B.jpeg

7510311C-E6E9-4CDC-9042-858F2F9D2D81.jpeg

AECC3D50-B817-4CB3-915E-C974BB050A74.jpeg

I snagged a standard and 2 jumbo box's via cherry presale a week or two ago (still on their way). After catching up on the thread I heavily debated going for a case of jumbo, still available from the select site, purely for the guaranteed Virtuoso pack...

thought about it... its 'footy stars'.. yea there will be some good inserts but ultimately premium value cards will be few and far between. Couldnt justify the case given that one card itself would need to be a pretty damn good player to get close to that sort of money back (I assume... could be wrong).

Bought 2 more Jumbo's from select direct to have a chance at the 1:8 virtusoso packs being slotted into my order (1:4 now...) cause I love to take a punt. That will be me on Footy Stars this year. Probably went overs but keen to break some stuff.

I did not beat the odds

Say it was sold for 800 and they brought it for 653 after ebay fees etc they made a whopping 45 bucks you ain't making a living doing this

Sorry, I think I posted the screenshots in the wrong order.

The card sold for $653 in an auction and the winning bidder had 2000+ positive feedback (so presumably legitimate buyer).

The card was then relisted by the same seller for $800 BIN - I am assuming they cancelled the auction sale as they didn't like the price and relisted for more $$.

Hey fellas. Was wondering if you could help me value a card. I just pulled a Rory Laird brownlow predictor. BUT ITS #001. Surely that adds a fair bit to its worth?

You need A Laird or Adelaide collector. Value is subjective. Well done. A 001 out of 400 is a different proposition to a 001 out of say 60.
Your situation at 185 is somewhere in the middle. if you are looking to trade for your team or favorite player hold back and have some online chats.
If you wish to sell the time is probably now. Laird will not win a brownlow but the attraction is perhaps his career with 2 AA's and 2 BF's to the right buyer.
Good luck !!

Thanks mate. I'm still trying to wrap my head around valuations. I found several #01 brownlow predictors from previous seasons. Parker ($400), Cripps ($600), Walsh ($800). How's that even possible? Wouldn't it lose the majority of its value because they didn't win the brownlow. Lol. Or are there people out there who collect cards purely on them being #01?

This is not an easy question. Its 3 different markets. There are some who speculate on thier low numbered cards that they set aside rising in value
based only on the perceived collectability or success of their team. Still others who wish to complete a team or full year brownlow set and
either want a long term hold or sell out as an investment at some stage.

The final one is the average collector who see the card as a platform to getting an ideal card in the same set or similar in a previous year.
Just ask yourself what the card means to you, is the regret of selling worse than the possible value loss of holding?
Or if you like the fun of collecting, exchange it for something you really think is cool from a reliable trader and move on.
This avenue is something that only improves with experience and good contacts.

Yeah it means nothing to me. So definitely want to sell. Just trying to figure out a reasonable price so both the buyer and seller will be happy. I don't want to be a dodo and sell it well under its value haha.

Understood. I suggest three figures 100+ but you will need to do research.
There is a Jake Lloyd ($85) and a Brayshaw ($199) from fremantle right now so you can see how wide opinion
is on these type of cards.

As far as completed listings- Mitchell, Weitering and Thomas went between 95 and 120 so looks like I wasn't far off.
Cheers for the reminder. I have a Steele Sidebottom jumper number I need to give thought to from a previous series.

Crows and Rory laird aren’t particularly collectable

Laird won’t win the medal (out injured for 6 weeks)

The examples you have given in the high 100s arent comparable as they are more collectable players and more importantly they have been PSA graded. Also they haven’t sold so suggests that’s way overs

My opinion would be around the $80-$90 for this card

Last edited:
I agree with all points pretty much ,although didn't see the PSA grading you are talking about on those cards listed on eBay?
80-90 would be better for a quicker sale which is what Op is after.

Thanks mate. I'm still trying to wrap my head around valuations. I found several #01 brownlow predictors from previous seasons. Parker ($400), Cripps ($600), Walsh ($800). How's that even possible? Wouldn't it lose the majority of its value because they didn't win the brownlow. Lol. Or are there people out there who collect cards purely on them being #01?
Sold listings or unsold listings? No use comparing to unsold as i could post my dirty underwear on ebay for 10,000 if i wanted to.

Short term i reckon maybe a 60 to 70 cards. Long term maybe 40 to 50 imo

Back
Top Bottom