Footy Stars 2021

Cherry probably won’t put up many boxes as they won’t make much money, breaks is where they will make there $$$
True. I wouldn't be going in Footy Stars breaks, that's for sure!

Not sure i could deal with getting a base card team set of North Melbourne :(

Cherry sold out within 15 mins. Not sure what allocation they had, but they did specifically mention that they won't be selling cases and will be limiting purchases of boxes to 2 per household. Also mentioned voiding any purchases of people who purchased more than the allotment.

This seems in line with Select. Maybe they've restricted sales like they did with Brilliance and will continue into this year's releases.
I prefer to give my money to local suppliers anyway, so it didn't phase me that they sold out.

Servos, newsagencies, that's where I head.

Any chance they don't get allocations?

The vast majority of Footy Stars stock is allocated to Coles, Coles Express and 7-11 stores. Plus a percentage to newsagencies etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Footy Stars 'sells out' on release day this year but that will only be a small percentage of overall stock as the rest will be going to retailers.

The vast majority of Footy Stars stock is allocated to Coles, Coles Express and 7-11 stores. Plus a percentage to newsagencies etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Footy Stars 'sells out' on release day this year but that will only be a small percentage of overall stock as the rest will be going to retailers.

I have never seen any in supermarkets! I need to have a word with them haha

Cherry sold out within 15 mins. Not sure what allocation they had, but they did specifically mention that they won't be selling cases and will be limiting purchases of boxes to 2 per household. Also mentioned voiding any purchases of people who purchased more than the allotment.

This seems in line with Select. Maybe they've restricted sales like they did with Brilliance and will continue into this year's releases

My servo has a butt load coming in, as does the local newsagency.

I have 2 on hold. Then again, where I live, nobody really buys them.
This brings back memories from a time when I only bought AFL cards. Jumping in the car late at night just to buy packs from the servo.

I have never seen any in supermarkets! I need to have a word with them haha

What city are you in?

I'm in Melbourne and every single Coles and about 50% of Woolworths get them on release. Most Coles get one box per checkout so a big supermarket can have 10+ boxes at any one time.

So has anyone heard about there only being a limited amount available early March with the rest being released in early April, I’m waiting for my order form so no idea if I can even get any, most of the bigger sellers have sold out on there pre sales already

So has anyone heard about there only being a limited amount available early March with the rest being released in early April, I’m waiting for my order form so no idea if I can even get any, most of the bigger sellers have sold out on there pre sales already

Yep I dropped in at sportscardworld this arvo and they said the first shipment is a small one

Yea not very confident I will get any of it
It's quite a crazy thought to see how much this hobby has changed in such a short time
from select's yearly first release, casually sitting on the shelves for months and months for kids and all to slowly purchase.
to "welcome to the new world order" it's now accept it or step off..... crazy times!

It's quite a crazy thought to see how much this hobby has changed in such a short time
from select's yearly first release, casually sitting on the shelves for months and months for kids and all to slowly purchase.
to "welcome to the new world order" it's now accept it or step off..... crazy times!
The delay is COVID related and nothing to do with demand.

there was a similar situation last year where most hobby stores and other wholesale customers etc only had limited stock at release, but there were still boxes at every service station and supermarket on the same day.

The delay is COVID related and nothing to do with demand.

there was a similar situation last year where most hobby stores and other wholesale customers etc only had limited stock at release, but there were still boxes at every service station and supermarket on the same day.
Chinese New Year is the culprit this year plus COVID

There are some saying that this series 1 will sell out, if that is true and where the hobby has got to then I’m not liking it one little bit. It’s actually turning me away. I know some love all the breakers etc, but I’m old school.
It'll be like the US. Old blokes waiting outside Coles to rip the boxes from the registers!

There are some saying that this series 1 will sell out, if that is true and where the hobby has got to then I’m not liking it one little bit. It’s actually turning me away. I know some love all the breakers etc, but I’m old school.

It depends how it sells out, if it sells out with a variety of people getting the product then that’s a good thing, if it sells out through resellers, breakers and hoarders of sealed stock then that’s a problem for the future of the industry as that restricts kids getting access and they are the future, if they can’t get into the hobby then it will fall over at some point

Back
Top Bottom