Footy Footy Footy

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
Ok...so we are all in tipping comps and dream teams....but who here actually plays footy??

Where do you play (position)??
Who do you play for??
Have you started your season yet?? and
How are you going??

Me...well
I play full back in the 1's but would rather play half back flank
I play for the Glenmore Bulls (Rockhampton)
We started last week with a crushing victory over Yeppoon. We beat them by 80 points and held them to 1.5.

Well...tell us all!!!

Well I DID play in the forward pocket for the Kalamunda Tigers in WA, the Penrith Rams and in NSW and many teams before that (I travel a fair bit) but I have recently undergone my 2nd knee reconstruction.......First was from a game of basketball in 1997 (Left Knee) and the more recent one was my last game of Aussie Rules in 2003 (Right Knee). I did continue to play cricket and Touch football only to re-do the graft in my right knee so i am looking down the barrel or a 3rd knee recon !!!

I play in country SA
Im hopless
I cant kick straight
Or mark
Handballing has always been tough
But my other skills are good
except tackling, and then of course there's my poor fitness.

yeah i play in brisbane. we just finished all our grading games. our last one we thumped the last years premiers by like 9 goals which was pleasing.
yeah my strength's are my marking and awareness and can handball preety well not bad tackler either for a 5 11 guy.
but yeah kicking is a problem although i do play hf flank and wing. can kick 40 probally.

Richo said:
undergone my 2nd knee reconstruction.......

I've had two myself, both stemming from football.

I played North Melbourne U19's back in the days before the TAC cup. Here's a bit of personal trivia for you all. When Wayne Carey first moved to Melbourne, they paired him up with another young guy and a family with whom he could stay and become accustomed to life in Melbourne. That'd be me and my family. Wayne was with us for about four months. Plenty of crazy stuff happening around then. We're still mates. Not close, but mates nonetheless.

Anyway, did my knee in an intra-club practice match at 17 courtesy of a late tackle after I'd kicked from a guy you might know; Anthony Stevens. He's an excellent guy and still apologises to this day when I see him... bastard! A year later, three games into the season and bam... other knee. By that stage any hope was gone of going on with it. I played in the Diamond Valley league for cash payments and performance incentives for a few years, but I'm happily retired, and have been for 6 years now.

My greatest moment in football stemmed from a TEAL cup game, Victoria vs ACT. James Hird running with the flight of the ball and bam, I collect him and he goes down and stays down. He gets carried off and I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

Of course he comes back after half time and plays a blinder, doesn't he! :mad:

Mostly played roving and spelled at half forward. Now, having a kick with the kids is all I can muster. :rolleyes:

I Play for thr Burleigh Bomers on the Gold Coast in in the QLD Premier Div (league under the QAFL) first game is this week i travel 2 hours to train on thursdays and train in Toowoomba (where i live) on tuesdays with a local team.I Play CHF kicked 49-17 in 16 games last season.Before moving to Qld i played under 17s for Port Adelaide Magpies and Reserves for Woodville-West Torrens in Adelaide

Where do you play - Wing, center or forward pocket
Who do you play for - Mosman Park in WA
Have you started your season yet - First game this week, but have not been to training so am going to miss a month to get fit
How are you going - haven't started but won grand final 2 years ago to move up to C grade, tied to make finals last year, but because of a countback with the other team we just fell short.

drewjulz said:
train in Toowoomba (where i live) on tuesdays with a local team.

Who do you train with....my dad actually played for Cooloroo for about 20 years and i played there as a junior!! I also have a mate who plays for the university tigers....

My greatest moment in football stemmed from a TEAL cup game, Victoria vs ACT. James Hird running with the flight of the ball and bam, I collect him and he goes down and stays down. He gets carried off and I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

HBM that is a VERY impressive footballing resumE!
Well done!

Back
Top Bottom