First mailday since August 2017!!!!!!!

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
I'm back! ...not even Photobucket's ransom demands can keep me down!

It's been close to a year since my last mailday post and since that time my main PC guy (Quincy Pondexter) has overcome a near death experience, returned to the NBA and looks likely to never play in the NBA again.... If he can overcome that, then I can overcome the lack of a hosting site!

I'm literally scanning in hundreds of cards and continuing to do so and because my scanner is acting up I have to manually crop each and everyone of them. It's painful and time consuming, but those are the kinds of things you do for the love of the hobby!

So without further ado, let's see what PC goodies I picked up during that time...

Stockton - okay so this PC needs some work....not a lot to show for 11 months! Been slacking! Or as they saying goes, 'I'm sleep'!

Silver Prizm

SCN_0003.jpg

Oscar Robertson - not a lot to show here either unfortunately......

Crusade Blue /149 - these designs seem to be getting worse with each passing year!
SCN_0004.jpg

Certified Red /279
SCN_0521.jpg

Classics Timeless Tributes Silver /100 - Bring back Classics!!!!
SCN_0005.jpg

Jason Kidd - PC for sale anyone?

Pointmen - what a great set, possible small set chase if I wasn't so disorganised already! ..and yes, I'm recycling many penny sleeves after my toddler decided to use them as a 'wallet' for his 'treasure'.
SCN_0002.jpg

Topps Jersey edition - pretty sure I had this already, but again,see above comment re being disorganised!
SCN_0007.jpg

Topps Finest - one of my all time favourite sets, they always looked the business!
SCN_0008.jpg

E-x Clearly authentics auto - already have this too (possibly more than one?) but can't never look past a bargain!
SCN_0011.jpg

Jamal Mashburn - Not much to show over time but slowly grinding this PC to a halt....

Double Trouble - love that Ruby foil lettering, it just screams 90s!
SCN_0012.jpg

UD Flight Team Flight Patterns Jersey - had at least two of these already, but that multi-colour pinstripe action had me going!
SCN_0013.jpg

Contemporary Team Tribute Triples - an absolute mouthful but a truly beautiful set. Prizm has nothing on Contemporary! Real classy trend setters!
SCN_0014.jpg

It took me ages to land this patch, but stuck to my guns and didn't want to overpay, nabbed a bargain in the end!
SCN_0015.jpg

I did treat myself to some Flawless at one point - probably Christmas 2017?! hah hah Both /25

SCN_0016.jpg

SCN_0017.jpg

Larry Bird - been feeling this PC most of all lately....

Threads Jersey
SCN_0009.jpg

Trilogy Generations Jersey w/ Bargnani #50/50 - ebay 1/1! Bargnani as the next Bird, yes, those comparisons were once made!
SCN_0006.jpg

Black /25

SCN_0010.jpg

Sketches and Swatches /
SCN_0022.jpg

Gold Standard /79

SCN_0024.jpg

Triple Threads auto Bird, Stockton and Morrison. Yes those comparisons were made too! Stoked with a dual PC card - quite the rare occurrence!

SCN_0023.jpg

...and perhaps my favourite card of all out of everything I own!

Immaculate /49 with Bill Fitch - coaching genius and my absolute favourite basketball personality! Top 10 coach of all time, took really %^*( teams into the playoffs, champs with the Celtics and Finals with the Rockets when he pioneered the Twin Towers concept.

SCN_0025.jpg

Finally, most of you didn't even probably know who Quincy Pondexter was as a basketball player but he suffered some real debilitating illness, made it back to the NBA only to be cut by the Bulls. His athleticism just isn't there anymore. I highly doubt they'll release any new cards for him so I'm glad to post this knowing that I've hunted and will continue to hunt down all his major PC cards.

Past n Present Gamers Patch /14 - possibly my third or fourth of these....

SCN_0018.jpg

Certified Gold patch auto /25 - sexy card sand I know I have multiple of these too!

SCN_0019.jpg

..and finally my first Q-Pon 1/1 - legitness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCN_0020.jpg

SCN_0021.jpg

Keep those Q-Pons coming my way folks! For some reason I always miss out on the emeralds /5 and am sorely lacking any sort of completed rainbow, so help a fella out!

Expect the maildays to pile up fast n furious from now on - Skip is back with a photobucket fuelled vengeance! lol

Thanks for looking, liking and leaving a word or two below. It's that sort of encouragement that keep the maildays flowing!

Your back i'm back at one point Always à pleasure to read you.
Beautiful mailday skip

Welcome back to the Mailday section mate :D
Some very nice pickups, love the One of One.

Don't have many true 1/1s in the PC at all, have to admit it is a pretty good feeling though!

Plenty of variety as always mate, good to see you back on here and always great to see obscure player collections aka the Q-Pon PC!

He's quickly about to become very obscure in terms of basketball! Still doesn't stop the PC from going on though!

Your back i'm back at one point Always à pleasure to read you.
Beautiful mailday skip

Welcome back my friend! Always fantastic to hear from you! Don't be a stranger!

Nice Skip..congrats on the 1/1 Q-Pon

I guess it's hard to fathom for hard core PC collectors such as yourself, but just think of it as everyone being in the same pool (hobby) with me in the shallow end of it! :-P

Making a come back in style Skip. Glad to see Q-pon PC still going strong with a sick 1/1 to boot. Really clean autos on the Mashburn flawless autos as well.

Making a come back in style Skip. Glad to see Q-pon PC still going strong with a sick 1/1 to boot. Really clean autos on the Mashburn flawless autos as well.

Missed you comment until just now mate! Unfortunately the Q-Pon PC is going stronger than Q-Pon himself - not expecting him to be back in the NBA anytime soon. Sad days, but perhaps a chance to collect someone or something new, while I hunt down the rest of his stuff!

Back
Top Bottom