Fire in Babylon!!

Mamboblue72

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dan
eBay User
mamboblue72
Once again the cricketing gods have smiled upon me! I managed to secure a ticket to the new cricket film documentary "fire in Babylon" lucky to have a brief chat to Michael 'whispering Death' Holding! And catch up with old mates Jeff Thompson and the Jones Boy. Big Maxy is here too! can't wait for the show to start! I will post a review later tonight!
Regards
DonMambo

Ha ha big Tangles Walker!! Enjoy schmoozing with high society mate, don't forget photos!

Scan or ban!!!

Photo op taken and will publish when it comes in!

---------- Post added 27-08-2011 at 08:06 AM ----------

Quite simply a fantastic film! and for we cricket tragics approaching or older than forty it is a different look at the world we lived in. We had no idea how the world was turning away from our own lives and this West Indian perspective makes you, at times, cringe at how touring teams were and probably still are treated by the less intelligent members of society. This is not just a cricket film, it charts the rise of a team from rock bottom to the pinnacle of the sport and how that winning culture bred success for 15 years. The mainstay of the film is a passionate performances from Michael Holding and Viv Richards highlighting their rise and how Kerry Packer is directly responsible for changing the attitude of the players and installing the professional culture. Michael reminisced with Jeff Thompson and Dean Jones for at least 30 minutes after the film with may witty and damning stories of the time.
For the younger members of the Cricket Card Mafia it is a window in time as to how hard the game was and how a change in attitude saw the easy beat Calypso Cricketers rise to become a team that didn't lose a test series for 15 years!
The DVD will be ordered for my collection as soon as it is available.

Sorry this has taken so long to get but here is the Photo with me and the Boys!
i hope you are all well and will be back online soon!

DonMambo
Mikey Max and Thommo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom